Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-03-05, 00:06
Registered Member

Plan: I dont exactly
Stats: 300/215/- Male 74
BF:
Progress:
Default Long history and what works.

I'm into natural cures and have been on a strict vegan diet for about 10 years. I've been fighting candida for probably over 20 years. I'm not currently doing a low carb diet persay but most of the carb foods are not being eaten due to very severe allergic reaction which I believe comes from candida.

I have taken both the spit test and the other one for which both were positive but then I've known i had candida for at least 6 or 7 years already. I scored 241 on the test and I'm male so that's pretty high.

I have been studying this condition on many sites for many years along with altering my diet as needed to cope but for the last few years it has been mostly under controle as long as I don't eat even honey or fruits much.

After changing to vegetarian about 9 years ago I had all these issues and many more at that time but after going vegetarian as well as no sugar and no oils in my diet I list about 80 or 90 pounds and my allergies and all my symptoms went away. However for about the last 2 or 3 years the allergies have been getting progressively worse.

I was actually looking up some things to try and find a solution to the hives I am now starting to get badly when I ran across this site and a bunch of other info on things I had not found before regarding candida.

I find it funny after controlling this mostly with diet for years to find others here complaining about not having to give things up but in my case I can tell you when you feel bad enough and have had this issue long enough it really gets to a point were you will give up most anything so that you don't have to feel that way anymore. The others here not willing to give things up just don't feel bad enough yet.

At any rate I ran across threelac and also flora-balance. http://www.flora-balance.com/ .From what I can see and other searching threelac really seems to do what they claim it does and i was ready to order a case of it. Then I found flora-balance which seems to be the same only it uses different bacteria to accomplish this and it also seems to be more robust than threelac. Last but not least it is way cheaper than even buying threelac at wholesale prices.

I guess I would really like to know if anybody else has any information on floral-blend. I have seen enough info on threelac to know that it will do what it says for about 95% of those that take it so I don't really need to know about it.

Another thing before mossman beats me over the head with scd yogurt. I cant take that anymore as the allergic reactions would likely kill me. Not to mention I have not been able to find a non-dairy source of yogurt starter anywere. They all use cow milk or goat milk as a base.
Sponsored Links