Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-24-12, 11:13

Plan: Primal/Paleo/MyOwn
Stats: 187.5/168/132 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default 96-year-old Vegetarian as World's Oldest Father

I'm putting this here in the war zone, although I'm not necessarily trying to stir up controversy. Mostly I'm just curious about how this could be. Here's the link and the article:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...topstories.html

"A 96-year-old farmer in India says that he has set the record for the world's oldest new dad - for the second time.
Ramjit Raghav and his 52-year-old wife Shakuntala Devi, who live in Haryana, 31 miles northwest of Delhi, welcomed baby Ranjeet earlier this month. The healthy baby boy was born on Oct. 5, according to The Times of India.
Raghav has now beaten his own record for being the world's oldest new dad, which he set two years ago when he and Shakuntala welcomed their first son together, Vikramajeet. Raghav credits his healthy sex drive at his advanced age for the two late-in-life children, and says it was all natural.
"I didn't take any performance enhancers … I just prayed to go to complete my family, either a boy or a girl," the nonagenarian said in an interview posted online.
Raghav's age is recorded in the Haryana government's social welfare department as 96 years old, the Times reported. Those records could not be confirmed by ABC News.
Raghav told The Times of India that he remained a bachelor and was celibate throughout most of his life until he met Shakuntala 10 years ago.
"After staying together, we decided to extend our family and aspired for two sons. With God's grace, our wish has been fulfilled," Raghav said.
Raghav told The Times that he credits his vivacity to his diet and lifestyle. He says he has been a teetotaler and strict vegetarian his entire life.
The world's previous oldest dad was thought to be Indian farmer Nanu Ram Jog, who reportedly had his 21 st child at the age of 90."

(emphasis mine.)

Link to another article with the picture and video: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/..._n_1974673.html

I've read about this guy in a few other on-line articles, and they all pretty much say the same thing. In one of them (can't find it now) he talked about how he has never eaten meat, but eats some sort of flatbread every day. He also talks about how he enjoys "relations" with his wife 3 or 4 times every single night. (In the second article, he says how his neighbors are jealous of that...seriously, with those houses as close together as they are, I think the neighbors are just trying to hint that they want some peace and quiet at night, lol.)

His wife, also a vegetarian, is 52. Which these articles don't seem to address or even notice. That's pretty old to be having healthy babies and going home from the hospital 4 hours after giving birth. I almost think SHE should be the headline story!

So could BOTH of these people have won the "gene lottery" or could there be something to their diet?
Sponsored Links