Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1261   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-18, 19:21

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi to everyone!

I walked at the mall yesterday and today! Feeling fairly confident. Might try the treadmill this week.

Eating has been good, but not seeing the drop on the scale. But, I am seeing my clothes fit looser, so I'll take that!

Jaz:
Yikes! I hope it is not true, but if it is, we will rejoice in a new life given to them. Man, I get tired for your DD just thinking about it. ~ Loved the meals you made them....especially the soup. What comfort food! What a gift to them. I know you are tired and have a bunch of stuff to catch up on, but going there was so important to them. Good job!

Nic:
Sounds like you are having a great time. Glad the snow never panned out. ~That mall sounds crazy! ~ No problem being off plan...you will take care of it nicely when you get home. Guaranteed!

Blue and Trig:
Hope you have had a nice weekend. Blue, hope you have had some more good days...I know there are probably still some very hard ones.

Lori:
Yikes on the hip. I hope it is not aggravated by standing since you have to do that so much. Did you get in a nap?

I am looking forward to attacking this week with some CapD. I can do it!

Love you my BLCFF!

K-Mom 10x4
Sponsored Links
  #1262   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-18, 19:41

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Ugh....thank goodness I was only at work for a bit over 4 hours. Terrible day. We were SO busy, you would think Christmas is in 2 days! I couldn't believe it. Plus, it was one of those days when there were all sorts of "odd' things and problems. I just about ran out of there at 2 o'clock! Not really looking forward to going back tomorrow at 4. Sigh......

My bad day at work translated into a bad day of eating and no exercise. :-( Rather upset with myself, but what's done is done. Tomorrow is another day.

Jaz...glad to hear that you got home ok. OMG......Oopsie? What a shock that would be.

Nic....King of Prussia mall is overwhelming. It is so easy to get lost. Have a safe trip home.

KMom...glad to hear that you got out to do some walking and that it went well. Take it easy on the treadmill till you see how it's going to go.

Ok....early to bed for me. See you in the morning.
  #1263   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-18, 19:55

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Hope you are having a splendid time with your daughter. How was the musical? Did you guys get a chance to shop for your dress?

Not to worry about not being on plan on this mini trip. At this point I think we ALL know ourselves well enough to know when we're going to be on plan, and when we're just not. Some of us are going to do that 99-100% of the time, others of us are going to do it 90% of the time---maybe at our worst, 80% of the time. STILL, we know by now what works for us, what we can get away with and what we can't.

Jaz---Oh girl, I LOVED your photos. And let me first say, I agree w/Nic that you look much better than you see yourself thru your own eyes. To me, you look youthful, healthy, loving and attractive. Emphasis on loving. It's a good look

Sure, you want more weight off. So do I. But in looking at your pix, I think, she's doing just fine. Better is always out there for all of us, but we both know how much worse it could be if we gave in to our higher weight. At a point, we accept what we can do at any given point in time.

It is delicious in the way no carbs can be to look at little Ava and her growth and progression. Those pix w/her nestled up against you, and Noah at your knee and the dog looking on, just speak to me of what life is about at its coziest and most simple elements.

Fingers crossed your daughter is not pregnant. TOO damn much. But it has happened to many. When you least expect it...you didn't mean it to happen, etc. Hope this isn't inappropriate, but just surprised she and hubby are finding the time and desire to make this happen. Well, that's good. But the timing, not good. I guess in the end, it will be what it will be, and your daughter and her husband have shown a lot of strength.

As for you, you can be a huge support and loving grammy, but you've got your own fish to fry w/no one taking care of you, so you'll have to leave it up to them to deal w/their life choices, or ooopsies, or whatever. You CAN be there like you were this weekend, but not on a regular basis...until you win the lottery and can be full time grammy, although even that is a tall order for many women who have done their time raising kids, and don't want to do it all over again. Till then, you must take care of yourself, so your daughter and hubby don't have to add that to their list of demands.

My mother needed our financial support from a relatively early age on my brother's and my part, and I don't regret a dime of it, because my brother and I could do it and we did, in every way we could. Still, I would not want this to be my son's burden, and hope it never is. So, when we CAN take care of ourselves first sometimes, even as mothers, we are doing a great favor for our grown children.

Also, must add, my mother made her mistakes, but she was always the first one to support you with whatever dollars she had, if you needed it. She also suffered from physiological/mental issues that are treated much better today. And when she was on fire, she was on fire, and pulled in all kinds of money, at a time most women weren't, or allowed to, culturally.

Just need to be clear here, as she is gone, and whatever our differences, I miss her terribly. Particularly now, when I know she would have helped me thru what I'm going thru w/her love, and I just want to make sure I'm fair to her. Because for whatever her warts, she loved me like no one's business. AND, she was the most EXCELLENT grammy. Ask my son, or any of her grands. She had her own journey. I see it as that now, instead of evaluating her just as my mother, with whatever demands come with that. I have been humbled by my own motherhood.

Sorry, got a bit emotional here, but that's what I love about this thread. I can be honest. And I can tell you Jaz, as you well know from your history, you have already been a good enough, if not perfect mama. And, will do the same as a grammy, or nana, as you call it. That's what we called my grandmother on my mother's side too.

Best words ever from best therapist ever, "Sometimes good enough is exactly that, good enough. When we can rise above that, great. But when we do at least good enough, we are operating on all cylinders possible at that time." I've had to learn to be satisfied w/good enough, many times in my life, and it was and still is a struggle to do so.

Wheeeeew, don't know where all that came from tonight, but there is was, so I share.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am SLOWLY rising again. I think of Maya Angelou, "and still I rise." One of her most brilliant poems out of many. That's the ticket...to keep rising, at whatever rate we can manage.

On plan again today. HANGING IN THERE, despite the temptations to let go on the woe. I WILL NOT, even if I don't do it as perfectly as I wish I did, or as gun ho as I did when I was dropping the big weight, let go of it all or even close to that. Too long worked for, too much of an investment and knowledge.

But I know, if I roll off this wagon, I'm in trouble. And I happen to be blessed with a thread of such lovin' gals, all doing it their own way, but all committed enough to show up here. And when we show up here, whether we talk about our woe or weight on any particular post, we all know that's what draws us together.

And as I've said before, there's only so much you can say about your weight and your woe. Getting to know you all personally, is the bonus. Yes, we are what we eat, in so many ways, and part of those ways, is knowing who each of us are---all those things that make up our daily struggles and rewards.

That's why I'm here, every day I can be. Because you guys remind me of why we're all here, even if we don't mention it every time. But we ALL share in common this one thing---we'd like to eat a whole lot of things that don't work for us, and we're always looking for the way to eat things that do work for us.

AND WE DO SUCCEED AT THIS, so many times, and WE DO RISE.

And, I believe, we continue to find a way to do it better most of the time, with a little help from our friends. Old Beatles song "I get by with a little help from my friends." Yep and absolutely to that.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Feb-18-18 at 20:30.
  #1264   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-18, 04:01

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue...I loved your post. As always, your words were beautiful & heartfelt. Many things resonated with me......thank you.

I had a fairly good night's sleep despite having too much food in my belly. It is over now and today is a new day. I'm starting it out with boot camp and then home to putter around before going in to work at 4. Another long evening. We have the promise of unseasonably warm temperatures for the next 2 days, so looking forward to getting outside for my running training tomorrow. I get my hair cut at 10 and then will schedule in a run/walk. Disappointed in myself that I didn't get my treadmill workout done yesterday and instead chose to sit here and be upset about my work day. I know the workout would have made me feel better. Between eating right and exercising.....it's such a mental game.

Hope everyone has a good start to this new week. Make it a good one!
  #1265   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-18, 05:26

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Oh ladies, You all know a how to bring happy tears to this gal right off the rip this morning.

Wow- Blue what a touching post! Had to get tissues! Beautiful thank you! On a lighter note....... to answer your question, on how my DD has "time for that". It was the first time since Ava was born that they had time. Boy howdy I hope she got lucky and it was just 2 ships passing so to speak and nothing comes of it.

My fear of course is that she again would not be able to carry another one to term. I just can't even go there- so I won't unless I need to! Funny Blue you would mention winning the lottery and helping my kids. They both ask me that. "MOM can you PLEASE MOVE BACK AND HELP? Even if you won the lottery????"
But like you said Blue- I have put in my time- it's time to pass that baton. That is why the universe give children to YOUNG PEOPLE. I am content being a GIGI- and coming back home to piece and quite. Love them up while I am there, and love me up when I leave.

I loved your story about your mom! I know she would have helped you in the situation you are now. But I also know you are a strong lady and will come through to your next chapter with sliver linings everywhere!

Lori- I think I know why you were so busy! People are thinking SPRING!!!!!!!! - We have hit 70-72the last 2 days and the temps are going to hit 77 tomorrow! People want there sports stuff. We are tired of winter!

Today is a new DAY! Think GOLD COURSE! does your place sell cute outfits? I would get one you really like as inspiration.

Leeann- WOW oh WOW did you pick a MALL!!!!!! Did you buy anything or just walk it? That to me would be just overwhelming.
I know you know how to get back on plan. Today like I said is a new day!
Safe travels back! But do tell us about it!!!!!

Kmom- yay on CaptD Mode!!!!! The more ya do the easier it will become. Last year you were swimming everyday. Do you have a Y near you? do you think that might be something you enjoy doing? Granted it is not the beaches of Hawaii- but it I great for getting in shape! Keep up the great work!

Trig- hope you are well and in a good place. Hey there my friend- the sun should be out today! Enjoy it!
---------------------------------------------------
I was SO tired last night I went to bed by 830- and couldn't wait. I slept logs! Feel really good this morning! Really good. had bubble bath already and sipping my last cup of coffee before hitting the cube farm!
New week = new week of school. Another week behind me! Just one week at a time!

I have looked at my pics of the new house- I have arranged all my furniture already. So I know now where everything is going! Now it's just waiting the process out.

Ok- all meatball soup today! Shake for lunch- I AM getting a walk in at lunch. Supposed to hit 75 here and the SPRING IS HERE!!!!! 70's close to 80 all week!

It is TIME!

Great day to everyone!
  #1266   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-18, 17:18

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Quickie tonight after that opus I wrote yesterday. Thanx for reading and for your kind words.

Lori---Understand you feel bad when you don't hit the tread mill or make your running schedule, but man, to me you're a work out hero. You say yes much more than you say no! DO get the part about how it would of made you feel better. It always does, but some days it's just so hard to begin it. I never quit a work out once I began it. Maybe a short time out, but I always finished the video. It's just getting yourself there in your work out clothes ready to go that seems to be the hardest part of any work out.

Trig--- Hope all is well w/you. Crazy story about that pre-school. Man, I'd have jerked my kid out of that place fast, and the rest of the family out of that church. Is this what they call "Christian" these days?! Rhetorical question.

Jaz---You are a very centered person regarding knowing who you are and what you can give and what you can't. Probably like most of us, you got that way by learning the hard way. Glad you have boundaries with your family. Not that they don't come first in your heart, but your plate is dang full right now just keeping your own stuff going. So, we do what we can. I bet sometimes just a phone chat w/your daughter is very helpful for her---a chance for her to let it all out and be assured of your love and support.

Not surprised that you have your furniture scheme all worked out for "the dollhouse." I would too. Finally, the fun part!

Son is doing well, liking the job, learning a lot. No particular interest in the cooking side at this point. His goal is to get in a position to go back to school, but he has to pay his dues at this new job for awhile so that he can have more say about his shifts and work them around classes.

K-mom---How ya doin' after what I'm sure was a long weekend for you worrying about SD, even knowing it was the right thing to do. Hoping things have settled down and that SD has grown from the experience, so she doesn't have to go thru it again. That's the idea.

Monday water - 3/3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing much going on for me. Drab day. Woke up not feeling the mojo I felt at the end of last week. It's an up and down thing. Didn't really get anything done. Tomorrow I start early w/an appointment and hope that gets me up and going and more productive.

On plan.
  #1267   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-18, 20:08

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Monday: Blue 3/3, Jaz _/5, KMom 5/5
  #1268   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-18, 20:10

BF:
Progress:

Drab kind of day for me too. I got cold looking out the window at the snow and ice, so decided to take a shower. Then after the hot shower, I felt like a rag. Just took it easy today.

Stayed tight on my woe.

More tomorrow.
  #1269   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-18, 21:01

BF:

Today was so dam busy for me. I am second in charge in the office- so it would make perfect sense right that the the boss lady took off for 3 days on a conference she would tell me RIGHT????????

we were down 4 people today. One person- her cousin was shot by a uber driver, second person tire flat driving home from out of state, 3 person vacay, 4th person sick. - 4 people down and a new person to mentor. It was pure chaos.

8:00, 8:30, 9:00- 9:30- no Mary- where the hell is she????? I finally call her, no answer- VM, so I call my counter part in the field. I say to her- do you know where the boss is.... OH she says.. she is in Baltimore for a 3 day conference- she told you right? NO NO AND FREKIN NO-
sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh I made it though.......

Then came home and worked for 2 hours on a paper then packed 2 boxes. Ripped tired am I. God I want to pluck her eyes out. Geez that wasn't very southern - Bless her heart- BITCH.
I know my North is showing.
So I was up to my eye balls and this other new gal...... not mine... but she sought me out because I was there. She needed some computer direction. Anyway she comes up on several of us talking.
then she cuts in and looks right at me- (her first day I might add)- she says- boy are YOU BLUNT! - talking to me! First she doesn't know me, second me day was sucking- and she was new and I was not over her-. Irritating. Then I said REALLY YOU THINK SOOOO???? why because I get to the point? Without run around? Makes me BLUNT- sweetheart get a clue- ! Not a great first impression.

Packed a box- ate soup, and meatballs. Need to walk the dogger one last time before bed.

I guess I am just not in the mood. Ever have days like that? Just takes so much effort to be the person I am normally- just little patience for ....... anything. That was my day.

Personals tomorrow. I have a full face break out on top of all of it. It's hot with tiny pimple things all over my cheeks. I have mostly a clear complexion so add this to my drama- put VITA E on it- and took off my make up. It looks like a reaction to something- what not sure.

so my co- worker's cousin was shot today. you may have have seen it in the news, maybe not. Anyway he order Uber Eats- and they got into over a tip. He didn't tip and was shot and killed. Horrible-
No words. The gal that sits in front of me got the call at 9 this morning. so horrible. Really the dud was ordering food. really that was it- he didn't tip.
I wish I could say I was stunned. But I wasn't -
I heard that are making bullet proof back packs now.

Oh little Jonny, come get your peanut butter jelly sandwich, homework, crayons, and bullet proof back pack. Dear god! I'm sorry Jaz was not happy go lucky and fun- but rather dark today. I am hopeful tomorrow is better.

Woe on cue- !00%
Sat 5/5 Sun 4/5/ Monday I a, already 7/5 very thirsty- and still with a bottle of water

TILL morning! I will get up on different side of bed. I dislike this side of me- unhappy and cranky
  #1270   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-18, 04:40

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh Jaz......what a day you had! I sure hope Tuesday is a better day for you. All the shootings.....I don't know where it will end, scary as he!!.

I had a good night at work last night despite the cashier that was supposed to be there with me not showing up. We were not very busy as it was a rainy, foggy night. The drive home was a bit tedious with the fog.

Today is supposed to be very warm....like the high 60's! I can't wait. I have off work today and I'm going to get my hair cut/colored and then head outside for my run/walk training. Running outside.......YAY!!!

Trig....hope all is well with you. Missing you around here.

Nic....are you home? Anxious to hear if you made any purchases at that huge mall.

Blue....hope your day is a good one.

KMom......good on you for having a good woe day. Hope today is the same for you.

I'm going to sit and enjoy a couple cups of coffee. I love a leisurely morning! 2 weeks from now we'll be getting on a plane bound for Key West! Can you say Pina Colada?
  #1271   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-18, 05:39

BF:

LORI- I have a severe case of travel envy!!!!!! Key West is on my bucket list for sure! How many hours is the plane ride? Does Key West have a beach? I know the son was talking about Destin again. I had a good time. Not sure what vacay will look like this year for me.
Yay for some sun and a run. Our sister up north are getting an ICE storm today! BLUE AND KMOM! So enjoy your run!

Blue- I see you are socked in today with old man WINTER STILL!!!!
Ughhhhh- be safe if you do travel out. Light a fire in your fire place and snuggle in with the hubby. Binge on a new Netflix- put the world away for a day. Of course I am typing just what I want to do!

Kmom- Thinking of you too! Stay safe in the ice! Is the SD coming to your place next weekend? Is she still upset with you? Sometimes we moms need to give tough love!
water- monday7/5- I was SO thirsty. I woke up today thirsty too! I need to stop and get a water- my Pellagrino. Love that water. But SO $$$

Leeann- Are you back yet? How are you doing? Love those little weekend get aways! We want to hear from YOU!!!!

Trig- I said you were getting some awesome weather yesterday! I LIED!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- We were cloudy with drizzle all day yesterday! ICK!
Hope you are well, and in a good place. Did you say you don't have cable?- You did, then you didn't and now you do?

I am deciding if I want cable in the new place! I would be content to not hear all the garbage in the world right now. But I like HGTV, and the cooking channel. Just don't know if I like it enough to pay for it.
Whats on your menu today? I know you don't like soup- is that all soup? I had meatball soup last night and it was good!
---------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in a slightly better mood. I really dislike when I am in a funk. I rarely stay here for long- I am already going to my grauditude list in my head. I had to turn off the news this morning.

Did any of you check out Amy Rosenthal videos? Beckon Lovely. I was thinking of her this morning. How even though she is no longer with us, she left some beautiful thoughts for the rest of us.

So according to her- when one beckons lovely- that is what you find. The lovey in chaos. I loved her story of walking the beach and she found a heart shaped stone. She was walking with her MIL. The first stone was no big deal right? But then she found another and another and another. Her MIL was amazed.
Why did she find so many? Because that is where her focus was. True story. I love it.

I am going to tell this story this morning in our staff meeting I am doing. I am running the meeting- so they have to sit and listen! HAHAHAH. But I have a point. The cube farm is gray and can become drab. So we - as people need to bacon LOVELY. We need to find it. In a voice, and action, a smile. We need to spread kindness today.
I find when I do this it brings ME outta my funk. I know- spreading kindness = selfish= irony.

Ok Lovelies! And off I go!
  #1272   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-18, 07:47

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz66
So we - as people need to bacon LOVELY. We need to find it.

Okay before I do anything else, I literally guffawed out loud over this typo.

I definitely find bacon LOVELY all the time!!
  #1273   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-18, 08:06

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- Sounds like you've bounced into a positive frame of mind with the warmer weather and a day off from work.. and a hair appointment too! All good things. Enjoy!!

Blue- Your words give me so much to think about. You know that I struggle deeply with my relationship with my Mom. I think the way things are now I will feel some regret about my behavior in the future, but at the same time I feel like I am so over trying at this juncture. I don't know. Life can be so darn complicated. Still, I have heard several people say exactly what you are saying, so I may need to rethink things.

Very glad to know that your son is happy and well.

Hugs and love to you, our Phoenix, you and Jaz who just rise up and overcome again and again. Loved your post in every way!

Jaz- I bought very, very little. My DD on the other hand did some shopping! I bought a sleep shirt and cuffed thin sweatpants to go with it, just because I loved what it said so much and honestly I am not sure I even bought anything else!!

Your Boss is such a freaking piece of work. Her not telling you about her meeting sounds extremely passive aggressive. Sheesh!

When do you find out about where/when your office gets moved? That still blows my mind, the commute that you all might be facing.

That is horrible, horrible about the uber driver and the shooting. People are just losing their crap so much!! But I keep trying to keep it in perspective, we are still talking about a very small percentage, most people are good. I do believe that deeply but still. Just so wearing and defeating sometimes to hear about all the bad stuff going on domestically and in the world.

KMom- This is where winter really starts to drag, isn't it? Snow and ice outside when it feels like spring should be coming. Hopefully today you will feel perkier! I giggled when you said you took a hot shower and then felt like a rag. Very descriptive!

Trig- Hugs to you! Hope all is well. Plan some trips!!

•••••••••••••••

Lori, Man oh man are you right, that King of Prussia mall is freaking ENORMOUS.

Good Lord, it is like they glued three malls together!! I still don't think we managed to see it all, and we spent about four hours there on Sunday before heading home. It was pretty much a theater, shopping and feasting weekend and I sure can tell it when I put on my jeans. Back on plan for the next couple of days but once we head off to our cruise all bets are off.

The weather is looking to be warmer than I expected - about ten degrees or so above normal while we are in FL unless they keep changing the forecast, so there will be shorts and jeans both in my luggage! My Kindle is stocked and my to-do list is scary long and overwhelming. I am trying to just mark off one thing at a time. Not 9 AM yet and the dishwasher is run, the clothes have been washed, the bills have been paid, texts have been sent confirming DS's sleepover and the dog's sleepover etc. I leave for MoW in a little over an hour so I'll see what else I can knock off as well. Overwhelmed!!

The musical was good. I have seen it three times now, in three community theaters, and this one was less good than one and equally good as the other. It was fun to see a few pieces fall into place for my daughter, who knew the music by heart but didn't necessarily know the finer parts from the missing dialogue.

Okay, gotta run, so much to do!! Hugs!!
  #1274   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-18, 09:30

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Monday: Blue 3/3, Jaz 7/5, KMom 5/5

All on target. Let's keep it that way this week! Go Hydraters!
  #1275   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-18, 09:52

BF:
Progress:

Blue (and others):

So cool about your son. Glad he is liking the job and learning. So wise to realize he needs to put in his time there to get better hours and such. And then a goal of going to school with his employer letting him work around his class times. Love it!

SD does not learn. That is the huge problem. At least she does not learn quickly. My other kids learning pretty fast when we did some tough love kinds of things. Only ten years in on this one! I have done the tough love thing so many times with her! One time I took away the whole month of February! She could do anything but go to school and play at home!! And every time she was sad or mad, we talked about what she had done. She has come so far in other areas. Really an amazing young woman. So many people think so. But darn it, I am not going to give up with this area! Things she says are just too cruel. I know how it works. I know it is because of the hurt and baggage she has. Big time hurt and crud! But she has to learn other ways to deal with it. Counselors have not been much help. I end up giving the counselors suggestions! I am serious.So now on Thursday we will have a meeting with her group home supervisor, SD and me. I will again be writing out cards with words and phrases that are STRONG and hopeful will convey her strong feelings. I will ask for her thoughts so it seems to her SHE is writing them, but she will struggle, so I will give her some ideas. Sort of like...."Do you mean you want to say this?" Cards with words that don't hurt. The goal is for her to go to those cards and pick one that shows how she feels. This is probably her fifth set of cards. She rips them up and throws them away. But I am still hopeful. Before I die (hopefully not soon) I want to GET this area. If not, she is going to have problems with relationships. Big time problems. People will wear out. I already see it. Oh, at first they will be mature and understand it is more about her than about them. They will give her freedom to say those things. But then they will get tired of it, especially if it gets worse and worse. And it does. She will wear people out. Oh, Blue has seen the good stuff...she radiates joy! She is so happy. And a joy to be around. Her mere presence changes the atmosphere! She is my joy!

We were told we could not adopt her. That she was too damaged. My DSS and I had to go before a panel. They explained all the things that could happen adopting an older child (we do not know how old she is for sure) that was that damaged. Found on the streets of her country. NO language. Abuse and neglect. Left for many days without food and water (according to the Mayo clinic). This stuff just tears you up. And now look at her! A survivor! A champion!

So Thursday we try again. She was heartbroken last weekend. So sad. But will that make a difference the next time the hurt and crud comes out sideways? Or will she be able to stop and think for a minute and get her cards!

You have to understand that another problem in all of this is her grasp of the English language. She struggles with it. Many deaf people do. So she might say something she does not mean. So that is another reason for the cards.

I am so glad Blue got to meet her. She saw the potential. She saw the bright light. The joy of just living every minute. She talked and talked at Blue's house! She was sure Blue (and her hubby) needed to hear all the details about her family, job, group home, etc.

OK - that's about all I got for now. Will maybe post again later.

Love to all my BLCFF!

K-Mom 10x4
Closed Thread