Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1231   ^
Old Wed, Feb-14-18, 05:19

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Whoa, I am gonna have to call you Dr. Jaz! OMG just too darn cool. Love this for ya!

yea I am eating 'lean red meats' mostly and holding to more seafood. Tuna, shrimp, crab, (boo on the crab, having trouble fitting that into my meal plan at these high prices, darn it)
Buying like NY strip steak cause it is way leaner than my ribeyes. Eating the chicken breast and no skin so I can eat more chicken in bulk and just throw a bit of flavored sauce over it like alfredo or Cajun butter etc. Opting out of ribs right now and eating that lean pork tenderloin meat. Doing that kind of thing for my dieting tricks I know....like how to get way more food at a lower kcal count That kind of thing.

Doing what it takes to drop some serious lbs here. Means I have to 'friggin' diet' it off LOL but I will do it and get'er done!

Drove by your house, so cool!! And seeing under contract and you are that buyer! Love it.....and yes you seem like an ALL A kinda gal to me!!
Sponsored Links
  #1232   ^
Old Wed, Feb-14-18, 07:03

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Made it to boot camp, no freezing rain/ice here, thank goodness.

Jaz...love that you will get Spring break to get settled into your new digs. Perfect timing! About the LBD, no, haven't received it yet. I'm thinking sometime this week. I hope it fits.....I'll be so disappointed. They did have just about all sizes available, so I can always reorder if I like it on me.

Well, I am showered and ready to head to work. I have about 15 minutes until I have to leave. I just drank a protein shake and will take coffee with me. I'm going to put collagen powder in my coffee. I'm going to really start using collagen to try to help improve my skin. It is tasteless and dissolves completely in my coffee.

Ok gang.....check in with you this evening!
  #1233   ^
Old Wed, Feb-14-18, 08:55

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Whoo Boy is this joint hopping! I feel like we are all celebrating a reunion of sorts. There is no doubt that every person here is so integral to the feel of the group as a whole. Hotel California going on here people, NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO LEAVE.

Jaz- CONGRATS on your all-A's!! That is wonderful! And how completely exciting to see the UNDER CONTRACT sign in YOUR YARD. Man, I just can't believe how that all played out. So Jaz-like. I am feeling a little iffy until you get the green light from the inspector but I am hopeful!

So you move in and have Spring Break right then? What great timing!

Blue- Yay! You need us! You love us! . I will have my tap shoes on!

So am I the youngest one here? I'll be 49 in April.

Trig- KUDOS to you for quitting smoking. That is darn hard to do. I am proud of you. You are a force of nature, my friend!

So as far as broth goes, have you tried adding a bit of cream to it? Or a bit of cream and a bit of thickener? I am also not a straight broth person but I can be convinced with a bit of cream. I will also drink hot drinks like decaf for something warm and filling in the tum.

Sounds like a fun Saturday coming up with your brother, Mom and kiddo. I wish I saw my brother as often as you see yours. It is hard to see people who live in freaking Iowa. lol

I was listening to a podcast with Craig Emmerich the other day and he was talking about low/zero carb, that most of what we need is derived from animal proteins and in such a way that our body receives it better than in veg form, etc. He said that the way to figure out what the body needs protein wise is lean body mass (so with appx body fat removed) times .8. Dunno why I am even telling you this, I guess because I thought of you as I was listening to it.

Lori- Glad the roads were good and you were able to head off to boot camp and back safely. Sounds like a long day of work ahead of you- hopefully people are good and kind.

KMom- Aren't you so glad the gang's all here? It feels so joyful and I know you are one who loves joy and family!!

•••••••••••

Okay, gosh, dress details..

You guys, this was a FORAY. I am a wee little child creeping up to the edge of the pool and I am DIPPING IN A TOE. And the water is COLD so I am INCHING my way. INCHING.

First of all, let me paint a picture. I packed a string backpack (one of the boys', so it is dayglo yellow) with two pairs of Spanx Shapewear that have not seen the light of day since my brother and SIL got married 13 years ago, a good bra as opposed to the crap I wear every day, and a pair of chunky heels and went to the mall. I did this on impulse- I had been looking online and saw some possibilities at Macy's and decided to just go SEE in a totally non-pressure sort of way. So I go grouching in to Macys in my usual turtleneck, jeans, Ugg boots with the dayglo backpack on and study the map to find the dresses section, sadly walking past the jeans and tees and active wear.

I just grabbed stuff. Long gowns exclusively because that is likely the ONLY way you will get me in a dress. A long gown has the coverage of pants. Plus, I won't have to worry about shoes really, then. But again, just trying stuff out. Sequins everywhere.

I would say in total, between Macys and Nordstrom I tried on something like 15 dresses. My hair was standing on end, my body scraped up by little sequins and beads. Some dresses tried to kill me. Sizes were crazy, from 10 to 14. The lower body was a 10-12 but the wide shoulders moved me to a 12-14 in dresses that zip.

So, I have some possibilities. I actually bought one from Nordstrom and pinned the receipt on the bag, because I likely won't keep it. But it was a possibility.

So, Jaz, the details- Wedding in the afternoon, reception late afternoon to evening, sit down dinner. Appetizers and cocktail hour before. Held at a lovely old mansion, with a tent outdoors (temp regulated) for dinner and dancing, and the mansion open with lots of seating for people who want to get away from the noise and hubbub and just talk (likely most of the older folks.) The wedding ceremony is at a church.

Scale is moving down again after holding for a couple of weeks. I have a challenge ahead with a long weekend away with DD- I am sure it won't be perfect but I won't go whole-hog vacation mode either since we have our trip coming up next week and I'd like to be in decent condition going in.

She and I will spend some time at King of Prussia Mall on our trip so I'm sure we will look at EVEN MORE dresses. Aaaack!

Headache today- woke up with it. Weather, or stuffiness, or dress-related illness, more like it!
  #1234   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-18, 03:52

BF:

Helloooooo!!!???

Jaz....your silence has me worried. I hope that you are just busy with details of the new house & school and that all is well. I'm a worry wart!

Nic...all those dresses! You tried on 15?? That is work! I was just at King of Prussia last weekend with my sister. We didn't actually go into the mall, but were in some stores just outside of it. We also went to a fabulous restaurant for lunch just outside the mall......Maggiano's. I HIGHLY recommend it if you are looking for a yummy place. The chopped salad is wonderful as was the Caprese. Yummy meatballs too. Let's not talk about the bread!

Trig...I need to follow your lead with trimming down my diet. Tonight DH & I are going out for dinner to celebrate my birthday & V-day combined. I will be having a lovely filet & maybe some scallops. I'm going to stick to a protein shake for lunch so that I'm really hungry for dinner.

Yesterday was a long, boring day at work. I actually had more customers than usual as a lot of people were shopping for V-day. I could tell the men who were buying women's clothes for their lady. We had a few women buying their guys stuff too. I had one guy that said he just needed some flowers to complete his gift...he said, "You don't sell flowers here, do you?" No...sorry. I have another long day today, 8:45 - 4:30. We have a truck coming today, so that may make some stocking work for me.

I'm quite sore from boot camp yesterday. Lots of leg work and my arms/shoulders are sore from flinging a 25 lb kettle bell around. Ouch. I was going to do my running training this morning before work, but think I may put it off until tomorrow when I don't have to go to work.

Ok...I've rambled on long enough. Hope you all have a good day!
  #1235   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-18, 04:41

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, yea I love there is way more extreme low carb and zero carb info leaking out there. Good info out there on this stuff, people need to hear it, see it and experiment with it Veg, yuck HAHA

Ugg on the dress....see, get it, UGG and not UGH....HA HA
yes sad humor here

I am not a dress person at all. I feel for you having to make this purchase if you are like me in that when you are not thrilled with what you are buying, then it becomes just a noose around your neck and not a 'fun thing' like being excited to buy your mother of the bride dress. But you take your time, go slow and LOOK online also cause there are ga-zillions of dresses and one has your name on it best of luck on this!

Lori, ya had me laughing with the guy who wanted to buy flowers at Dicks!

Yea I have to shore up my intake of food. I should have done it before, every now and then thru this journey I have to 'check in with myself' and I haven't in a long time, and letting just too much eating happen A lb of bacon, pepperoni, salami to snack on, all that has to be cut back. I didn't have carb creep now, but I have having extra food creep not needed happening now HAHA

Hey guys
Dog to groomer early.
Off to store to get Nicole's new glasses.
Hit the bank in my travels.

Kiddo came home and said 2 of the 7th graders got busted for pot in their lockers. Holy cow here we go! 12 friggin' years old....come on, I wasn't even THAT young yes I was no angel way back in the day, but that age?? Please......well I got a good kid thank goodness and she is more of a scaredy cat type personality so if I keep on her a bit and keep a finger on things but I think we will get thru these yrs to young adulthood in fine fashion.

nothing big today.
usual junk.
usual day of me trying to stay out of trouble or drama

food today is 1 lb. of hamburger. So 2 burgers, brunch and dinner time. You know people, 1 lb of burger is like nothing to me HA HA but I will see how I do on it and see if I survive

so far so good

great day all!!
  #1236   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-18, 05:35

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Lori- Did I miss a day? I thought I posted yesterday am! I guess you all are so used to me being a thread hog that when I only post one time......... Love to be missed!
Wow did you have the work day yesterday! I can't wait for the LBD report! I forgot you are going on a cruise. Is your sister going too? When is it?
Glad you didn't have to deal with horrible weather yesterday! Are you as ready for spring as me? I bet you are getting the golf itch BIG TIME!
So tell me about this collagen powder!!!! Any side effects with it?
I have started my shakes for "lunch" as well.

Leeann- I loved your Hotel California - WE CAN NEVER LEAVE!!!!
So you did buy something?!?!?!- I am thinking it's worth a pic!!!!
I can't wait for the wedding! I am so excited for you. It's almost like you are taking us there with you! I still remember those pic's of her dress- it will be a princess moment! I know you are proud! The fairy tale!
I knew you would grab your goal like a dog with a bone and run with it! You are going to make your goal sooner than later! Good for you!!!!!! PS- Ya, you are the "kid on the thread"!!!

Trig- I am so proud of you in so many ways! Talk about a goal and doing it! Good for you! I am enjoying watching you enjoy your diet and find what works for you. Granted losing and maintaining are different. Diet is never pleasant - I think we are ALL in DIET mode right now!!!!
Kiddo witness pot in a locker huh? Well sounds like your kiddo has her head on straight. You just keep on being her momma hen and she will be ok!!!
Do you like cabbage? You might like the crack slaw- hardly any carbs.
So the soup thing- Why can't you do the creamy soup? You could. You can have dairy. That might be a nice alternative. You would not need to add alot to give it flavor!
Also there is my stand by- CHILI! I don't add beans. Sometimes I do add turkey instead of sirloin- for calories as well. Just a thought.

Blue- I hope you are having a good day.

URGHHHHHHHH- the clock got the best of me...... I AM NOT DONE! Be back- ..... To be continued...... in couple hours!
I have things to say.......
  #1237   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-18, 07:37

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori, I know! 15 dresses, just insane, right? I am one of those people that is not a big shopper, so if I'm going to get undressed and have to try to on dresses, then I'm going to really go for it and just try to get it done.

Maggianos- LOVE that place. It has been a family favorite for well on 20 years now. We have one locally now but used to have to go out to Virginia to have it. Very, very good, high quality food. Great deal for taking carb eaters as well because if you get a pasta, you get another full size pasta to take home and eat later, even a different kind. Great value and great food.

Sounds like a busy day at work yesterday but busy can be good and make the time fly by. I cannot imagine slinging around a 25 pound kettle bell. I think I would throw my back out!

Trig- Whoo boy yeah, here it comes. Even more pervasive than pot is vaping and juuling. I guess with juuling you don't even know they are doing it. I talk and talk and talk my kids' head off about this stuff. He fully acknowledges that he plans to try it all once (but not the hard stuff, at least that is what he says now) but on his own terms and in college. I'll take that for now. I know full well that he knows plenty of kids who do experiment with pot and he says he does not. All I can do is talk, talk and talk some more.

Hey, have you heard of Zenni for glasses? I got DS19 two pair from there and it worked like a charm and cheap too. She might like that.

Blue- Don't go disappearing on us, now!

Kmom- You either!

Jaz- Yep we are used to hearing from you twice a day.

Yep, one dress bought so far but I haven't put it on since I brought it home, not even for the hubby. Such effort. lol I bought one from Amazon and two from Kohls (believe it or not) that are easy returns to try on as well. And then we'll see what DD and I see this weekend on our getaway.

Looking forward to your update-- don't make us wait until tonight!

••••••••••••••

CASA baby visit will happen one way or another today as it has been too long- she was sick last week so I haven't seen her in a while. I'll either see her at home or at daycare today. I have to SQUEEZE in a visit Tuesday or Wednesday of next week as well before DH and I leave on Thursday for our 25th Anni trip, and get the court report drafted as well. When we get back it will be March and court is that Wednesday. All of the sudden I feel like the next time I blink it will be the second week of March. Things are about to hit hyperspeed for me after a lazy February.

Stayed on track for V-day yesterday. Dh and I went out for crab legs last night- a pound and a half each. He also got cream of crab soup. I tasted it- it was all right. Who dis staying on track on a holiday? And the Super Bowl? WHOOT!
Scale up a touch from the salt but doing fine.

Like I said, I feel a bit overwhelmed coming into the next couple of weeks, so I just need to sit down and write out a game plan of what is coming up and what I need to do each day. Once I do that and can see things clearly, it feels much more manageable. Order over Panic!

Invited my brother to come along with me on some of my travel this summer- we'll see if he does or not. Invitation was issued and now the ball is in his court.

Guess that is about it from here. Going to bite the bullet and do the pork belly today, two ways. I have been avoiding it because it is new to me but now it is just getting silly.
  #1238   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-18, 09:16

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Tuesday: Jaz 4/5, KMom 5/5
Wednesday: Jaz _/5, KMom 4/5

Keep making drinking water a priority. That is said to myself also! Gotta do this.
  #1239   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-18, 09:28

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Nic:
I am a little confused what the magnets are for. I goggled them and a lot of people make them. I know they wiil look cool, but how do they help you find your room? Isn't there a room number on the door also?

I have found a couple of dresses I really like for the Elegant Night. But, I also recently bought a really cool wrap thing that I might wear with a black dress. I need to look up Lori's black dress.

Me:
SD was all set to go on a romantic Valentine's Day dinner tomorrow with SB (Special Boyfriend). I was going to pick both of them up and bring them to Cheesecake Factory. Planned to get them started and then walk away and only come back to help with the check. Like a real date! And then Saturday we also had lots of plans. Well, SD went dark. That is the only way I can explain it. She has so much baggage from the past and it shows itself sometimes. Thankfully, her group home supervisor is also involved this time. Her GH supervisor is one of my SD's biggest fans! Anyway, long story short....we are holding her accountable for her words. This is an area she needs to improve in. Have tried for like ten years, but not giving up. So she will not be coming to my house this weekend. She is sad and crying. SB is sad and crying. I am extremely sad. But need tough love at this point. I continue to raise the bar for her. She has come so far. No giving up on her now. She is absolutely amazing and such a joy. It is hard to describe her.

Tried to walk a little at the mall last night, but could not do it. Felt I might fall at any point. Had to come home. Rats. Guess I gotta wait for the knee to get stronger.

I know I need to swim, but actually at the place I would like to swim (YMCA) you have to walk the length of one of the pools to get to the lap pool. And it is SO slippery. I have to walk slow and methodically. Don't think I can do that till my knee is stronger and I am more confident. I am going to check out a few other places today or tomorrow. I get free membership with Silver Sneakers.

K-Mom 10x4
  #1240   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-18, 18:54

BF:

Evening check-in.

Jaz....yes, I see you did post yesterday morning....as Nic said, I guess I'm used to 2 posts a day from you!

No dress yet.....maybe tomorrow. The cruise in October will just be DH & me. It is a 2 week cruise leaving from Southampton England and then along the Southern coast of Spain & Portugal and then down to the Canary Islands.

The collagen powder I use is Great Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate. I have not been using it regularly and really want to start. No side effects.....just a good supplement for skin, hair & nails. I get it from Amazon.

We went out for a yummy dinner tonight. I had broiled scallops, steamed broccoli with lemon dill sauce & a nice salad. Fabulous. I also had a couple bites of DH's filet mignon.

I had a long day at work on my feet and I'm a tired pup. The only thing on the agenda for me tomorrow is to do my run/walk on the treadmill. I had thought I would do boot camp in the morning, but the running workout will have to be enough. Don't want to wear myself out!

I'm fading fast here. I'll be in bed early. "See" you all tomorrow.
  #1241   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-18, 19:32

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Jaz---Your new home is SO cozy and delightful looking! Know I've missed some details like when are moving in? One detail I haven't missed is your A plus average at school so far. BRAVO. And it sounds like you're enjoying doing it, despite the work. But man, you sure are juggling a lot of plates---too busy to eat off any of them? Seriously, when I used to get really busy, I'd often forget to eat, or be so wound up wouldn't finish my meal.

Trig---Another BRAVO to hand out on quitting smoking and sticking to it! Also, good on you w/the calorie lowdown. I think once you kick those added pounds, AND YOU WILL, your body will reach its set point again, and then you won't have to be in "diet mode" any more, just good old ZC the way you like it, and the way you've succeeded at it FOR SO LONG. This is just a little bump in the road, well worth it to give up the cigarettes.

Nic---Thanx for the excellent giggle at your dress story, because boy can I use that! The sequins stabbing you everywhere--- SO NOT YOU. But, glad you found at least one worth bringing home, even if it goes back...at least you know it's not hopeless. There really are some beautiful "pantsuits" out there for MOTHB. Will send you a couple of links, just because for me, it's fun to see what's available. Ever the stylist. Good to know all the options, and seems you'd be much more comfortable in something like this. Do you need it in a specific color?

Lori---Happy B'day late, girl. Sounds like you had a great one w/your hubby. Good on you on getting back to bootcamp---even if it hurts so good.

Loved the guy wondering if he was in a one stop V day shop situation at Dick's. LOL. OMG, I was purchasing a gift for a friend at a department store the day before V-Day, and this sales associate went off on all the men in there that day and how she could tell by how much they spent on their mates exactly how guilty they were, the "cheaters and the beaters" she called them, and on and on she went. I was so gob smacked I was speechless. Walked away feeling sad for her. Someone hurt her bad.

K-mom---Oh, tough love---a parent's hardest job. I always wondered who was suffering more when we had to apply it, us, or our son. You know it has to be done, but boy, it takes some big parenting muscles to do it, and you wake up sore the next day, after you're done being angry w/them, and just feeling worried about them.

But, I have great faith in your special love for your special daughter. She needs and wants to please you, and in doing so, she will find she pleases herself. Being naughty is hard on a person, LOL.

Will catch up w/water challenge next week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hubby and I had the most excellent V-Day. My uber talented singing friend got us free tickets to her group's V-day show at an excellent restaurant, including the dinner! They did the most fantastic show, all love songs, all different and from every era. They are not only a fantastic group, they are funny as heck.

Dinner was excellent and we shared our table w/two couples we'd never met, who turned out to be such great company. Honestly, the whole thing just lifted my heart so much, and what more can you ask of Valentine's Day?!

I feel my spirit returning to life. Today I spent hours researching various things I need to do to get on w/my new life in my career, and our new life as a couple. Have felt immobilized in many ways, for too long. Feels good to start moving again. Will be back at it tomorrow. Tell myself you just need to do this ONE THING, and I find myself doing 5 things. New ideas sparking. Energy begets energy. For too long I've told myself, "I'll do that one thing tomorrow." Procrastination is one of the best friends of a sad spirit.

ON PLAN, STAN, for today. Despite my less than stellar performance on my woe in the last week or so, the scale says, "Love this weight girly, and you're going to have to hoist me off it either way."

My deal is I just don't want to gain, and so far, I haven't by staying more on plan than not. Not cocky about this at all, because although I haven't been perfectly on plan, I haven't been doing any hog wilder's either, and often have felt too stressed to eat too much. So it seems to all be balancing out for now.

Life is an ever changing thing. Grace is knowing it can change for the better too.

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Feb-15-18 at 19:39.
  #1242   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-18, 19:49

BF:

Ladies!!!!!
Ever have a day that time just kept getting away from you? That was my day!

Had s much to say and post this morning. Woke up full of vigor and ready to go- now kicking back and watching the clock so I can SLEEP!

Ok- this is post 2 for the day!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets see where did I leave off......

Lori- oh yes I was asking about collagen and wondered about it! Details-
Bummer on no pretty packages in the mail today! Hope you rest!

Leeann- What is juuling? Is that pot? I guess I am so far removed from all that stuff. I guess the worst I did was some a little weed here and there as drink a beer in high school, and thought I was tough stuff!

Glad you are sitting down to write out a game plan for your schedules. That has been helpful to me when I get to that point!
Still want a pic of the dress!!!!!!

KMOM
- I had to read your post several times to grab the list of SD and what you met. So I guess you are saying her "words" were ugly and she should not had said something?
Yup- tough love pays off- keep on in momma bear! - They will thank you later!
Water Wed6/5 Thurs- as of right now- 6/5- YAY me!
sorry about your knee. Was wondering if the collagen LORI is doing would help you in that- we need details.

Blue- "Baby Come Back, You can blame it all on me .... But we just can't live without you....... Baby come back.......oh darlin....."
We are going to sing you back one way or the other!

Trig- See above- hope your day was GREAT!!!!!!!!!! -
--------------------------------------------
Had so much energy to be chatty Kathy this morning and poof- energy gone.

Work- I am not talking about it before bed.

I wanted to do packing, all kinds of stuff tonight. Just worn out. Didn't even go to "school". Want to get a jump start on next assignment.

I will give AVA update tomorrow- SHE smiled and clapped her hands for the very first time today- omg- She looked really engaged and ..... well just like a normal baby. Her face had expression. Never seen that before. She has been so flaccid- It just did this gal so much good...... my heart grew 3 sizes!!!!!!!!!

Ok- will leave time tomorrow for a real post!

On point

Just posted- cross posted BLUE-

Last edited by Jaz66 : Thu, Feb-15-18 at 20:04.
  #1243   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-18, 04:17

BF:

Good Morning!

I had a big old slap in the face this morning when I stepped on the scale. Gulp....time to buckle down! I have been "off the wagon" since being to my sister's last week and boy is it showing. I don't see it in the mirror, but the scale does not lie.....well, it does sometimes, but you know what I mean. I know a few solid days of LC and lots of water will vanquish several of these darn pounds, but I really need to refocus. Plus..my little black dress is coming in the mail today! I may be really depressed when I try that on if I can't get it zipped!

Jaz...loved reading how Ava clapped her hands. I can just picture it! I suppose you will be spending your weekend packing some boxes and writing some papers. Never a dull moment for you!

Blue...so glad to see you pop in again. We sure do miss you around here when you are gone. Your Valentine's Day sounds perfect. What a great evening! It sounds like you are indeed moving forward with plans for your new life. I loved it when you said you plan to do 1 thing and end up doing 5. It's true.....we just need to start.

Nic & Trig.....the teenage years can sure be a trial with the kids. All you can do is keep talking and hope they make good choices. Some experimenting is inevitable, but man the hard stuff is scary. I have read that if you take heroin 1 time you will be hooked. The stories you read about addicts are just horrible. I was always too big a chicken to try anything, other than alcohol. I was not with the "in" group in school, so didn't get exposed to some of the wilder things.

KMom...sorry your knee is not feeling strong. You are smart to be very careful as long as you feel like it may give out. I'm sure it is frustrating when all you want to do is move. Be gentle with yourself.

Speaking of moving....today I have to get on the treadmill for another day of 10k training. I took off yesterday as I was so tired and sore from boot camp. I spent the day on my feet at work, but didn't do my treadmilling. No excuses today!

Hugs to you all and have a good weekend!
  #1244   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-18, 05:28

BF:

Happy Friday Ladies!

Lori- We all know the scale is a tool. But it can be telling too! So if indeed the LBD doesn't fit- hang it on the door so you can see it. And try it on every week! It WILL.
Especially for miss active thing you are! That being said it would be good for us all to remember ya can't out run your fork! Chew on that for a second!
Can't remember who said it- but its true! I'm just preaching to self here!!!!!
Awesome you are getting on the treadmill. Where do you keep yours?

Don't have a whole lot to add from last nights post. See above!

Ava- update she is smiling and hand clapping. I actually was supposed to go to Greenville last week but didn't. Maybe it was supposed to be that way because got my house!
So I am going this weekend and spending the night and will be back first thing in the morning Sun.

I am not thrilled with spending the night and losing sleep. But my DD ask for help since her hubby having to go out of town for a night for work and she is scared to be alone with the baby. So I will. I just know she is so tired. the baby is NOT sleeping through the night. I am taking MY baby with me so that will help my angst. I can tell I am getting older. I love my own bed and sleep!
It will be great however to see all my "kids"!
I will come home Sunday and do laundry and a short grocery stop and MAYBE pack a box.

I have all these boxes stacked up waiting to be filled. - they are all empty. But when I get motivated I move like lightening. I plan to empty out and CLEAN out a closet! If I haven't touched it in a year it's GONE. Tired of hauling JUNK from one place to the next. I am really going to purge on this move and move in light!

My boss held a meeting yesterday. I just can't even begin to tell you all how much the entire office saw her for exactly who she is. Every single person left that meeting mad as hell.

The issue, in a nutshell lack of transparency and empathy. So the rumor mill has been going around for several weeks that our entire office are moving to a new space downtown. That means a commute of another 2 hours from where we are right now. So to put it into perspective. It takes me 45 -55 minutes to get to work NOW- add 2 hours.

I am one of the CLOSEST people to the office. 90% Of the office travel an hour to 1.5 NOW to get to work. SO yes it is a BIG FREKIN deal.
As a matter fact I marched into M's office the day I put a offer in on the house. I looked her directly in the eye and said ARE WE MOVING? I just bought a house that is close to here- for the reason of reduced travel time. She flicked her hair (nervous twitch she does) Well, I haven''t heard.

Fast forward Wed. I am standing at the copier and the Manager for the other dept is standing there with me. He looks over and says "So has your staff started packing yet? What do you think of the commute?" I was, well LIVID.
I march straight back to M's office- and want an answer. Rather than answer me- she says- I am holding a meeting tomorrow. That was yesterday.

So..... We are all seated and we all want to know! Just be transparent and give a sh*t about the staff and travel time. Here in Atlanta it is NO JOKE. So she flips her hair (staff no mocks her doing this), and says well I THINK we are..... then says as a follow up: "ITS LIKE GRAVITY YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER IT-SO WHY WORRY". Meeting done. - she never really answered the question.

So someone raises her hand and says- so can we work from home then? She responds- I just don't know.....goes directly to her office. she stays there door closed all day- comes to my desk at 2pm and tells me she is leaving because she has a headache.

I know on the surface this doesn't seem like a big deal. But it really really is with me and the staff. I put a bulls eye on the office and was house hunting for location to work and she looked me in the eye and lied.
Not to say I would change my home now. I won't I love it- it's mine!
I will roll with whatever comes. That being said- lack of leadership, transparency and empathy for what we will have to suck up and do is infuriating. I know that I should have remained professional yesterday and defended her. But I didn't. I am tired of covering for her and am not doing it anymore.

There is an old book out. It's called the "Art of War". I read it along time ago. Anyway there is a sentence in there I have not forgotten.
"When your enemies makes mistakes, LET THEM."

And that is all I am going to say about that. I feel better for writing this all out. I am SORRY for once again sucking up this thread over MY frustration in my relationship with my loser boss. I am done- in so many ways.
I am going to wait her out. I am in school. I am in it for at least the next 3 years. She will be gone within the year.

Warm and cloudy 72 as a high, and breezy. I am ready for my new home. It has a great neighborhood for walking!!! It has a great back yard for sunning and grilling and I just can't wait.

I need a change of venue! HAHAHAH-
great day
  #1245   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-18, 06:54

BF:

Ahhh.......treadmill workout finished, showered and sitting in my recliner with the cat on my lap. All done by 7:30AM!! Boy does it feel good. Coming to grips with the number on the scale and just getting down to business. I tested my blood sugar and it is 83, so that is looking good. I was afraid I would see a number over 100 again after all my recent indulgences.

Jaz...you asked where I keep my treadmill. I have an exercise room on the 2nd floor that used to be a bedroom. We have 4 bedrooms upstairs...no need for that many. Anyway, I have a treadmill, a big flat screen TV, a bench and weights, exercise DVD's, you name it. No excuse not to work out!

So sorry about your work situation Jaz. I simply cannot fathom a commute like that. I wouldn't be able to do it. I know you will work it out and roll with it, but it's just added stress. Have a safe trip to your DD's. I know she will be glad to see you and have some help for the weekend. Dear little Ava...I know you can't wait to see her.

Ok.....sipping some lemon water and watching TV....life is good.
Closed Thread