Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1201   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-18, 08:43

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Leeann- we were cross posting!
To answer you question I have gone up in my price point, ie seeing equal houses and townhomes.

Please see my question to you in above post!
SO PROUD OF YOUR SUSTAINED LOSS- Your 20 pound goal is ahead of schedule.
Sponsored Links
  #1202   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-18, 10:42

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz, will go back and read your post and respond to the rest of it later but regarding the pool-

It depends on how much you would use it for certain. For DH and I, we don't use it- we aren't big pool people. It was great to have when our kids were younger and so forth and if we are still here grandchildren would enjoy it. For us NOW it is not worth it.

Second consideration- size and ease of opening/closing. Trig opens and closes her own. Our pool is very large and we use a company to open/close it to the tune of about 700 dollars per year. Then of course if you need chemicals/to balance it, that costs money. Eventually pool equipment (filter etc) runs out and needs to be replaced- that costs money. In ground pools need to be refinished about every 15 years - that cost us about 20 grand. The cost of running the filter etc in terms of electricity costs.

So long story short, if your budget is at all tight, I would DEFINITELY not get a pool. My Dh had one growing up, he was happy having one here and I have liked it for the kids but I likely would not do it again.
  #1203   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-18, 10:51

BF:

Ugh, we had mice last year. Such a pain. It should warm up where they are soon and hopefully they will head back outdoors.

Glad the grandson is feeling better. I hope you can go next weekend- are you planning to try?

Fingers crossed for you on the five properties that you are going to look at. Hopefully you will find a match but take your time.

For brunch today I had five Korean meatballs - the rest went down the disposal because they've been around awhile. Dinner will be something at DS16's band show- likely a bunless burger of some kind or something else LC.

For dinners this week I have some pork belly that I need to figure out how to cook up, some fish that I will do in some simple way, and then probably tacos as we haven't done that in a while. Done and done!
  #1204   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-18, 11:58

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

My word of the year - Perseverance, paid off. I could not stop thinking about that dress and I found it on Macy's website! I hope it fits and looks as good on me as it did on the mannequin. (Fat chance)

It is called the "Calvin Klein ruffled collar scuba sheath dress" It comes in white or black, but I wanted the black. Wasn't exactly sure on the size....hope I chose correctly. Free shipping too! Yippee!

Very seldom does an article of clothing just keep calling to me, but this one did. Now if only I could do something about my flabby arms.....sigh.....
  #1205   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-18, 17:30

BF:

I AM A HOME OWNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all have got to hear this- I just can't make this up! So yesterday my Realtor "C" and I were out all day! ALL day. We saw 9-10 nothing. We both looked again for new places for today- found 5 to see.
We to the first one- no thank you. So we are off to see next one.

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS: I was in a car accident. I was merging into a highway to get to the next property. I was looking left- saw a spot and hit the gas. Problem was the car in front was still sitting there. I plowed right into her- guess who- yup my realtor.

She kept right on going- I was stunned. It was a hard front end hit for me- a bump back end for her. Lucky no air bags. She kept right on moving. I was stunned. First I have never been in an accident that was MY fault. I called said- hey I just hit you- she said I know no biggie- bump.
NO I say- you got some real damage there- OH really she says?
Yes lets pull off gotta call cops. We don't have to she says- you can just pay outta pocket- damage may exceed 8-9 thousand 3-4 me/ 3-4 her too. No I say- lets do this right. I have to call the cops for insurance purposes.

So we pull int this cute little neighborhood. they are all doll house ranches- in a pristine neighborhood. We stop in from of this house that had a sign in the front yard that said sale coming soon, with a number.

So "C" and I just looked each other- she said you call the cops I will call the realtor and see if we can get in.
The realtor answered and said the own was there and painting. And was open to showing us the home.

Meanwhile I am SO SO SO SO SO SO DAM sorry I hit her. Just a bumper on her part- some real damage to my front end. Both drivable and no air bags. She is fine- I am achy with a headache. No whiplash.
The cop was sorta a prick. So after he came and wrote me my ticket- whatever...... I take full responsibility- just give me my ticket and a report so I can get her car fixed dude and move on.

So after that I am staring at a DOLL HOUSE- beautiful neighborhood, white picket fence in back yard, detached patio home. Fenced Bach yard - no back neighbors, and on the corner of the street-no neighbors there either. So private. I step-in, valuated ceiling, the owner is there.
She is a 60-61-59-hard to tell. She is paining the trim. Invites us in. I stood there stunned. Vaulted ceiling, granite kitchen, all NEW appliances, gas NEW stove, new stainless fridge, new microwave and dishwasher. Stainless farmer sink. The place has beed done roof- to floors (they go in Wed). I saw them - cherry color. They are the top end flooring- fresh paint light gray, molding, white marble fireplace- stunning. New rood, HVAC, Water heater, appliances, flooring, windows and roof. She then said- ya know I can't take my washer and dryer they are 2 years old, interested? Yo can just have them. BRB- need to sign something
  #1206   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-18, 18:37

BF:

OMG...can't wait for the rest of the story Jaz!!!
  #1207   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-18, 19:20

BF:

Oh my gosh, what?! This is SO your type of story. This is exactly how I can imagine it unfolding for you!! This has Jaz written all over it!

TELL US MORE! PICTURES! ADDRESS! SOMETHING!!
  #1208   ^
Old Sun, Feb-11-18, 20:19

BF:

SOOOOOOOO.........
Literally the roof, to windows tp all new bathrooms to kicten- all new. The owner is there- the flooring is going in on Wed. So this lady named Mary is the owner- says please look around-
Fenced back yard- immaculate, on the corner no neighbors, Woods after the fence, I love the flooring- a cherry color. not laminate- upgrade. All the upgrades.
So I said to her- ummmmmm what are you asking?I can't find crap for 200+ I have looked. She said..........
are you sitting down-
164,000- WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT ........ turn to look at my realtor who's mouth was hanging on the floor. Ma'Am- I say- I just am going to tell you straight up I LOVE your home. It would bless me more than you know for the opportunity to just cut this deal right here and now and you not put this on the market. I will love it as you have.

She said , ya know what I feel real good about this- what were you thinking? I said- I am giving you what you want and all closing. Deal???????? she said- you need a 2 year old washer and dryer I can't take it with? Also I have a beautiful dresser and 2 side tables and a patio set still in the box new if you are interested. DONE- add 1,000 for all that.I then burst into tears and hugged her.

Papers are already signed- we did it in 2 hours! I own a home! complete with a garage, back yard, and a neighborhood. A Real Neighborhood. OMG- flooring goes in Wed. I am so stunned.

First had I never plowed into my Realtor we never would have seen this house- we just pulled over to call the cops to file report. It hasn't hit nor will it hit the market- for me to be over bid. I met the owner and she was able to just talk to me- about the neighbors, and her home and what it met to her. I am just still processing.
Papers are done as far as the contracting. Now comes the Bank- paper work- but it is 30,000 under budget and turn key for me. AND a GARAGE- and a place for Bella! A spot for a new grill and patio set.

I will chalk up my decidable for the bumper for her car and front end for me as part of the cost of the house. My left passenger side all needs replaced. Plus I got ticket for following to closely. Ok- 1500, and the inconvenience of car repair. For a home.
Ya know my realtor , was not even the least bit mad. Not even- told ya she was a gem. she said- I know you will fix it- it's just a old car- no big deal. Plus its' the hubby not mine.
It is a 10 year old car so I don't feel that bad- she wasn't driving a Lexus or anything- old civic.

So that was my day-
Accident
hit my realtor- cited
STUMBLED across a home in process- and bought it on the spot!
We just finished up the papers.

I have not been in a home for 9 years since my divorce. I cried happy happy happy tears all the way home. AND UNDER BUDGET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And all redone! - It literally checked EVERYBOX.

Ok thats it
  #1209   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-18, 04:29

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Holy Moly now that is a wild cool story if I ever did hear one

You had me hanging at the edge of my seat reading along wondering what in the heck was going on HA HA

So you hit your realtor in the butt, pull over, see a sign, and then own a home....and for such a great price! If that hit the market, yea you would be in a bidding war I am sure.

Jazz your life just flows more into the wild child side of it LOL and I never see anything you do big in life coming in the usual boring easy way at all, I see your life adventure just filled with the un-ordinary stuff to the max! And that is so cool

Can't wait for you to send more inside pics to us. I loved the ones you sent! But now I have to see more

Nicco it sounds like you are doing wonderful. Your got like 9-10 off and holding it off! So happy for you.
I will be going back 'into weight loss mode' very soon. For me at this point it is about calorie count, like instead of 1/2 pack of bacon I will eat only 1/4 pack LOL yea it will be a sacrifice but it is time to back off some kcals I am eating up if I want some more lbs gone. Hold strong, you are doing great.

Lori, your dress sounds fab! ugh don't get me started on the arms! lol.....but ya know, we are our own worst enemy cause I bet your arms are ok compared to the rest of the world's arms so you just put on that dress and enjoy it!

KM!! HI!!
Blue, hello!!

Hey all
nothing much to say like Nicco mentioned.
winter blah time big time.
all going well tho and chugging along.

going back into weight loss mode.
I have to cut kcals and I am going to do just that.

So whatever I do eat, I am cutting both meal times (my brunch meal and my dinner time meal) almost in 1/2 and see how it goes. So instead of 3 pork chops for dinner, I will be eating only 2 and of course I will move a bit more.

So I will see where this goes

Let ya know how I do

everyone have a fab day!
  #1210   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-18, 05:49

BF:

Good Morning Monday,
So sleepy this morning- but a huge relief. At least I know where I am going and like it!
Nothing like that cliff hanger!!!!!

Lori- I can't wait to hear all about that dress. Send me the label- or the item number so I can see it. I will look it up. How much was it! It sounds darling.
STOP IT WITH THE FLABBY arms. I am most sure you do NOT!
The burning question is where are you going to wear it!!!!!??????

Are you back from your sisters? Did she get a dress too? I would book a place you can wear it- a play and a fancy dinner! Something like that! What fun- or better yet a CRUISE if the perfect place for that! YES DO THAT!!!! It pairs perfect with a little Black Dress.

Leeann- I can just picture you reading my tails of yesterday! Sometimes like is more..... some stuff ya just can't make up! I just happened to be in those types of situations more than not. Something off the normal beaten path!
What does your week look like?

Thank you for your reply regarding the pool house. As you can tell that resolved itself! Speaking of homes. Are you and the hubby going to stay in your house after the DS15 goes to collage? I get the to much house thing! It would be too much for me!

Your menu sounds good. Do you make your own Korean meatballs? I would love a recipe!
I made wings yesterday and they were really good. But I am done with chicken for a minute! Ribs on tap for today and tomorrow.

Kmom- Hello- What does your week look like? Did you get your Treadmill yet?
Do you spend alot of time online? Seems you find the most amazing things online. Did bits here and there!
Water for Sunday 4/5

Are we doing water this week? I will try to keep the water going!

Trig- how are you doing? It should be warm today! Maybe you can get out and take your pup for a walk! You kiddo back in school right?
I was thinking as much as the kids were off for water- it would be until after spring break before they go back!

Blue- How are you doing today? I hope you are getting done what you need to do, and it feels ok for you. Sometimes it's easier to just break stuff down to just one task at a time. Less overwhelming

Lori- going back to you- I love your word by the way- I had forgotten. But I love it.! Perservence .
-----------------------------------------
I have SO much to do today I had to make the yellow sticky list front and back side- and fit work/ school/ balance into the mix.

TONS to do!
Work/ meds refills- need to contact Dr. Office. I use the patient portal. That is such a nice feature!
And of course I will be faxing papers galore.

I am right on track in my WOE- no treats or off plan eating. All is well. Tossing is some ribs in slow cooker- ready when I get home!
The poor Crock Pot got a bad rap for in the show THIS IS US. I don't watch it - but it made the news. Apparently the slow cooker caused a fire- which killed of a major character off!

Ok all gotta run! - ok walk! Gotta go
  #1211   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-18, 06:45

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz...I still cannot believe the story of how you found your house! Too bad your car had to be wrecked in order to find it, but what a find it is. Everything new, nice neighborhood, under budget......I just knew your search would have a fairy tale ending!

As for the dress, you can go to Macys.com and search Calvin Klein ruffle-collar scuba sheath dress. It is just very basic, but I love the neckline and the gold zipper down the back. Where I will wear it? The only thing that comes to mind is that I'll wear it when we go on our cruise in October. It was $134. At Nordstrom Rack, it was only $60, but a size 2.....in my dreams. Every girl needs a little black dress, right? I'll be heartbroken if it doesn't fit...now I wait.

Sis and I will spend our morning drinking coffee and then we're going to go out for lunch before I head home. I'll be home by 3. We've had a nice visit even though we did NOTHING yesterday. I did my treadmill workout and she went out for a walk around her building for a bit of exercise and other than that, we stayed put. It was pouring rain all day, so we had no desire to go out. We just sat here talking and laughing, watching some Olympics, just whatever.

Trig...I'm with you on getting back into weight loss mode. Been holding my own way too long. Although, don't want to lose too much after buying all these new clothes! What a dilemma! Plus, the aforementioned saggy skin. The more I lose, the more loose skin I have. I know I need to get over it, but it is rather shocking when you first see it on yourself.

Nic...hope you have a good week. I know you'll be busy as usual.

KMom....what is up with you this week?

Blue...hope you have checked in to see Jaz's fantastic news! We sure do miss you here.

More coffee for me!
  #1212   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-18, 07:48

BF:

Jaz- I am really excited for you!!!! And now come the questions, because Inquiring Minds!

• How far to your work from your new house?
• Are you buying as is or is it contingent on the inspection?
• Do you have pictures of the inside?
• When is closing?

Re: Korean meatballs. I typed the recipe up in this thread so run a search or something and you should be able to pull it up.

Trig- Thank you for the words of encouragement- much appreciated as I bounce around the same one pound for the past couple of weeks. Changes will come in their own time. Meanwhile, I think your idea of cutting back a bit will absolutely bring change about for you!

Lori- So glad you have had such a great time with your sister. Today sounds relaxing. It is nice that you two live close enough to make a weekend so doable.

Blue- I wish you would check in, even if you just say hello. I miss you.

KMom- Is SD on her way back? I bet she had a great time. Have you been in touch with her while she was gone?

•••••••••

Waiting for delivery of the new washing machine today, some time between 11 and 2. Other than that nothing much going on today. Dentist appointment tomorrow, CASA visit Wed and then I will draft out my court report for March. DD and I have our long weekend away this upcoming weekend. Fairly slow week for me.

DS16 had his concert last night for the School of Rock type band. It was...okay. The band members did fine, the singer decided to do her own thing and started doing Screamo on all of the songs- so in and out between singing and doing that awful Screamo. Her bandmates did not know she was planning to do that and she pretty much ruined their whole set. DS16 would have been upset if he were vested in that band but he wasn't so it really didn't matter, it was just annoying. There was a great band there of older folks aptly named Geezer (!) and then a young college aged woman who did her own original music that DS16 really liked. He went to talk with her after her set about collaborating with her on a song for Soundcloud or Spotify and so they exchanged contact information for that. I was impressed because he is NOT one to talk to people he doesn't know.. his response to that was that he will if it is something that he cares about..!

That about wraps it up here.
  #1213   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-18, 08:32

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

On my way to take GD to eye appointment. Need to leave in about five minutes. Can't talk long.

JAZZZZZZZZ...You bring such joy to my life. You are so indescribable! What an amazing story and so well told by you! I have talked to all the other BLCFF and we are all coming to help you get moved in. Just give us the closing date.

Just teasing of course, but I am sure many would like to. I feel like we have all been such an internal part of this journey!

Nic...you ask the best questions.

Later...
  #1214   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-18, 11:53

BF:

LC BFF- Closing is 15th March/ Movers coming 17th -
Please come- will toss burgers on GRILL!!!!!!!!

Boy wouldn't that be a hoot!
Would love that-
Personals after work-

Quick stop in-
Lori- I am going to look up that dress, now I just gotta know.

Leeann- inspection Friday. No inside pictures yet. - not on market- just the way I like it. New floors go in tomorrow!

I do believed in happy endings!!!
  #1215   ^
Old Mon, Feb-12-18, 18:48

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Sunday Jaz: 4/5, KMom 5/5

Yep...doing Water Hounds this week. Hopefully, every week!
Drink up! Don't skip the water with all the excitement in your life. Every time you do something for the new house or even THINK about the new house, have a sip of water!
Closed Thread