Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-10, 09:22

Plan: CAD
Stats: 284/284/180 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:

I already lost some!! I've lost 2 pounds in 3 days. I know it's probably a lot of water weight being this is the first week but I'm still excited. I just can't believe it works. I have eaten what I wanted two nights in a row and I'm losing. It just doesn't seem right. I'm actually pretty much in unbelief that this will work. I guess time will tell. It's not hard to stick to and it's not hurting me so why not? We shall see what the weeks hold.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-10, 14:17
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Randi-
it is a great plan, as you are limiting your carbs both in frequency and amount. Gald you are doing so well - it only gets better!
E
  #63   ^
Old Thu, May-13-10, 12:23

Plan: Carb addicts
Stats: 210/207/150 Female 5 ft 7in
BF:
Progress:

Hey Guys,
I have just joined the forum... and have just started following this plan...
I started on Monday
  #64   ^
Old Thu, May-13-10, 20:14
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 229/177/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 58%

I was wondering about this plan. Have you all had much success on CAD?
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-10, 19:32
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 287.4/287.4/199 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria07
A lot of the people first tried it in the 90's & came back to it now because it *works* (that's me)

I am one of them! Why I ever stopped, I do not know. Well, I do actually- I worked over night shifts while my husband worked days, so one of us was always home with the kids. I paid a big price working the grave yard shift, as I put on over 100 pounds in the last 14 years. I did CAD back in the 90's when it first came out, and lost 50 pounds in 6 months time. I didn't have as much to lose as I do now, so I'm hoping that this will be as successful as the first time around for me. I know it works, as I experienced it first hand. What a freedom it is not to count calories! To be able to eat foods that you enjoy once a day is amazing to me, seeing that every other diet out there tells you that you can't. While I certainly have no intentions of over indulging, it is nice to have my fun size Almond Joy bars for my carb treat at the RM!

I'll be posting here daily in the future. Got side tracked when I started CAD last year with Grave's Disease. Now I'm back and hoping to stay back, as I am tired of carrying an extra person on my back every day! Too much life to live, and I don't want to be saddled down with this weight any more.
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-10, 11:27

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 164/143/130 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

I'm one as well..
One thing I learned is that I lose well, when I follow the plan exactly...when I try to "tweak", I run into problems like stalling or too much sugar at my rm and then fighting the cravings for the next 2 days.
This time, my head is more in it and I'm not such a slave to the scale. I weigh myself everyday, for sure, but am not bothered when it doesn't move or if it goes up one pound after eating out.
This is my plan for life...for my sanity!! It is the only plan that keeps away the cravings and gives me the control to make good food choices everyday.
M-A
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-10, 21:44
Registered Member

Plan: Carb Addicts/Hellers
Stats: 293/218/175 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default I'm new to this forum, but not to CAD

Greetings all. It is great to find others who have been successful with CAD. What ever happened to the Hellers? Does anyone know? Since I have been kind of stalled losing only a pound a month, I think I will order CALP. I have to admit though, I love eating lots of carbs at my reward meal. And I feel so good, and not deprived. I never want to go back to constant hunger and weight gain, and I could eat this way forever. Looking forward to getting to know some of you, and giving and getting support! Marcy
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 20:57
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 287.4/287.4/199 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpmd56
Greetings all. It is great to find others who have been successful with CAD. What ever happened to the Hellers? Does anyone know? Since I have been kind of stalled losing only a pound a month, I think I will order CALP. I have to admit though, I love eating lots of carbs at my reward meal. And I feel so good, and not deprived. I never want to go back to constant hunger and weight gain, and I could eat this way forever. Looking forward to getting to know some of you, and giving and getting support! Marcy

Marcy- I read somewhere that the Heller's are now retired. I can't thank them enough for writing about this diet. If only I had been able to stick to it the first time around, how much healthier I would be now! Oh, well, I'm doing it again, and if all goes well, I plan on doing this plan for life. It really does work, and it feels so good and liberating to have a diet that keeps you full and happy. What more could anyone ask from a diet, right?
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-10, 11:43

Plan: Carbohydrate Addict's
Stats: 160/152.5/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 25%

This is my second time to do CAD and my first to post to this forum. I too get encouraged when I see that it is working for someone else. I haven't figured out how to post my stats, but when I do I will!! Monday started my second week. I lost 4 lbs my first week and I was pleased. As I have gotten older, it has become so much harder to lose.

Last edited by sadiemae2 : Wed, Sep-15-10 at 11:45. Reason: I put the wrong amount on my wt loss
  #70   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 13:49

Plan: Carbohydrate Addict's
Stats: 160/152.5/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Just checking to see if I did my ticker right!
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-10, 23:32

Plan: -----
Stats: 223/151/158 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 111%

I just joined the website a few days ago and I have been doing CALP since Sept 27th and have lost 33 lbs. However, I haven't added in the RM . . . I'm not doing that because I want to lose faster, I am just afraid of eating the carbs and losing control. I noticed someone earlier saying she enjoyed eating the fun size Almond Joy and I thought to myself . . . ONE little candy bar would do nothing for me but make me want the whole bag. I feel like I am more like an alcoholic---they can't have a little drink here and little drink there as long as it is withing the hour of their meal.
I'm really not criticizing the program because it seems to work for so many people . . . .I just don't get HOW? How do you control your desire for MORE? Oh, okay . . . it's coming to me as I write . . . you don't eat THOSE things that are your trigger foods, even during your RM, right?
Like I could eat a WHOLE chocolate cream pie (for real), so a slice of choc. pie wouldn't be a good choice for me, because it wouldn't be satisfying . . .heck, even eating the WHOLE thing isn't satisfying. It's never enough. You know, that keeps me from eating that first bit of many yummy things . . . "It's never enough."
Well, it's enough of me for tonight. Thanks for that little epiphany and yes, you all did help!

Last edited by darl : Fri, Nov-19-10 at 23:34. Reason: typos
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Nov-20-10, 17:26

BF:

Okay, I had an RM today. Went to a Thanksgiving Potluck and decided to have a slice of Pumpkin Pie w/whipped cream after my turkey, salad and green beans. It wasn't nearly as scary as I made it out to be and now 2 1/2 hours later, I am still feeling fine. ... no blood sugar crash or feeling weak and poorly. Still feeling level and good. Whew! First RM down, more to come!
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Nov-20-10, 17:40
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

yay-
just start out slow. When I was losing weight- the first year OP- I had sugar or alcohol for RM only 1-2 times a week.
Other than that, it was veggies, fruit, yogurt, cereal, grains and breads.
Gald you are feeling good!
E
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Nov-20-10, 20:05

BF:

Eno
just start out slow. When I was losing weight- the first year OP- I had sugar or alcohol for RM only 1-2 times a week.

Okay . . . that makes sense. Of course, I jump into the deep end with dessert!
Thanks for your help, Eno.
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-11, 21:32

Plan: cad
Stats: 187/161/152 Female 56 inches
BF:
Progress: 74%

Hi,
My name is Sophia & I live in S.FL.
I have been coming here every once in a while between other plans, but nothing really clicked. Well, a couple years ago, the Fat Flush Plan clicked & I made it to goal, but that didn't last long because I thought the food was so boring..... I am ready to commit to Cad again & need motivation to lose these 10 pounds. Although, I have not been 100% on Cad the last few years, for the most part, I did not stray too far from the CAD principles.

Below, I have copied/pasted a story I wrote I think in 1995, to share & show you that CAD works! Maybe some of my old friends are here from the Cadis Yahoo group or the Yahoo CAsupport group.....

Anyway, I'm psyched! Below is what I wrote...

All righty then!
I guess I should tell my story since I'm probably the longest lurker here, (CAsupport group) going back to the days of Nancy Milligan's low carb list, then leaving that for Cadis when it was first formed.
It was the beginning of September '95. There was this guy on the radio, Neil Rogers, raving about a diet he was on & how great it was. This was the Atkins diet & it was taking South Florida by storm. I did the 2 week Atkins induction diet, feeling tired & generally lousy but still stuck it out, losing 8 pounds. It was at this same time I got interested in the newsgroups & started reading Alt. support diet & learned about CAD, thank God.

Let me back track for a minute. Before starting either of these life style plans, I was a 5ft. 7in. 187 pound (almost) 48 year old woman who would have low fat for lunch; a huge mixed fruit salad on top of cottage cheese.

No time for dinner at work, just too busy to take the time to eat, even though it was a restaurant, but I would pick on a french fry here, a garlic roll there, a quick piece of cake,etc.

I would leave work at 10 P.M. starving. Being too tired to prepare anything at home, I would grab half a cherry pie & a big glass of milk. Most likely I would end the meal with a bag of cookies or two large candy bars. Many times, I would pass out with my work clothes on & wonder why I was always so tired.

Other times, I would toss & turn half the night, probably too wired to sleep. I constantly had headaches, indigestion & mood swings. I would NEVER drink water. Juice was my beverage of choice. I thought lots of fruits & fruit juices were good for you & wondered why I was gaining weight.

I started CAD the beginning of Oct. '95, after buying the "first book" & testing severely addicted. Since I never was a breakfast eater, I went right on plan D. CAD was love at first sight. Within a few days all my above symptoms were gone & so were the terrible cravings.

To make a long story short, I lost weight effortlessly as my fat melted away. I only lost 35 more pounds after the first 8 from Atkins induction, but these 35 pounds were pure lard. I lost 7 inches off from EACH thigh, not to mention the other measurements!

I ate well & learned to love salads & vegetables. I took (and still do) my water bottle with me everywhere I went. I didn't have the urge to snack or cheat. I prepared my salads & veggies ahead & took food to work with me.

In 8 months, I reached goal, staying in the range of 142-144.

Back to today, I just realized I wrote this over 15 years ago! I weigh 166, & my weight gain could have been a lot worse!

Hope to hear from you!

Sophia in S. FL.