Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1291   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-18, 07:32

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori you sure fit into your new job very well! Hope it pans out for you thru your golfing season? I know you love your golf and days to get together with your friends in the good golfing weather.

KM, so glad you are CapD!! Send some to me please I am in a ho hum type of feeling right now. Don't have good mojo but doing ok on plan. I am in a transitional feeling kinda place right now, worried hubby will GET in my way of my life with my routines, and darn, I love my routines, but I am also excited he might just enhance my life even more than it is--HA HA--so interesting to see what happens in 4 days when he is officially quit from his job. I never like unknowns in my life, but this should be a good one

Nicco, I feel your anxiety and busy and tired in your post. I can't go in 60 directions at once anymore, it frazzles me to the max. I could, back when younger, do a zillion things but as I age I don't want to do it to myself anymore....I think that is also about me letting go of control. Control freak, raises hand here, lol, and more and more I am letting others do their own thing and to my surprise, everyone survives and lives thru it without my hand in it, which is a great thing I guess all those years wasted on control (and controlling how life goes for everyone takes a lot of darn time and thinking) LOL eh, time for a mental change for me on how I am for sure

Blue, the flu? yikes. Hope that you get thru it fast and easy. I haven't been 'really' sick in SO long, I just live with the nasty sinus issues but I can function and 'feel ok' and not really sick, but the flu will down ya fast. Hope you are feeling better real fast.

Jazz, I can feel your excitement thru the posts!! Heck I want to move into your new fab home also now!! Bet your doggie loves it also, her own backyard all for herself. Does it have a fence or are ya gonna fence in a small part for her? I would cause there is nothing better than opening up the back door and letting the dogger run free without having to worry

Hey all
just chugging along
wondering what will happen when the Pork Chop is off for good but a few friends are already contacting him to work for them on their side jobs, soooooo....maybe I can get rid of him on some days sooner than I have thought Tony is in a lot better mood now, all cause the heavy killer burden of this job is off him. I like that So far so good

My mojo is low.
huh
usually I am thrilled we are in the 70s and more but heck it is cloudy, rainy, icky and NO friggin' sun....come on!! I SO need the sun and hopefully soon!! All trees are blooming now and I hope cold weather doesn't come in and kill a ton of buds etc.
But it feels like early early spring is on its way so that is good.
Mind on opening pool LOL but that is way off still.

nothing much more, just getting things handled here and trying to get life settled down to 'very minimal and simple' and super easy to cruise thru my days.

today is chicken and alfredo sauce
dinner tonight, putting in chuck roast into crock pot with little gravy and hounding down a ton of that delish meat

great day all
Sponsored Links
  #1292   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-18, 09:58

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Monday: Blue 3/3, Jaz 7/5, KMom 5/5
Tuesday: Blue PASS, Jaz 2/5, KMom 5/5
Wednesday: Blue PASS, Jaz 6/5, KMom 6/5

Jaz....You already have your five glasses of water in for today. It says...Water Thurs- 5/5- YAY me! I am confused.

Blue...join back in when you can, but I drink lots of water even if you are not posting it.
  #1293   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-18, 10:05

BF:
Progress:

Nic:
The Amazing Race finale was so good! Loved the ending. They had a really fun way of ending it with a challenge in a unique place. I will stop taking now.

I am so glad to hear you like Survivor too. Maybe I knew that before. Anyway, it starts next Wednesday. There have been some really crazy tribal challenges through the years!

Off you go soon. So happy for you and DH. I am sure you are very organized and have things set at home. I must have missed it, but it seems like MIL is coming to stay at your house while you are gone. I cracked up at all the notes around the house....that is so me!

I really want to watch the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, but it is not on Netflix. Since I don't even watch Netflix that much, I am not inclined to add another type of program like that.

Have a great trip!

K-Mom 10x4
  #1294   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-18, 10:21

BF:
Progress:

Trig:
I might be wrong, but I think you are going to love having The Chop at home. I think you two will find your groove. Oh, how I wished hubby and I had gotten the chance to experience that! I bet he will work on the side a lot. That is so fun. Extra money and also just when you want with a ton less pressure. I have enjoyed subbing and also a little side business since I retired. But not much for the last nine months because of the A-Fib and the meds. But I see myself returning to it soon.

The sun will come out tomorrow...well maybe not, but I love that song! My friend who is renting the apartment upstairs in my house is in the play, "Annie" in a few weeks. A friend of hers has volunteered to interpret for my SD and her boyfriend, so that is going to be a ton of fun. I think both of them know about that movie, but if not, I will make sure I spend time with them talking about it.

I think your hubby should start his first day off with a smile...wink wink.

Say, you mentioned making that chuck roast in the crockpot and just pouring over a little gravy. I pour over the whole jar!!! Maybe I should just pour over half the jar?

Going up to SD's group home in a couple of hours to try once again to GET this area of her life and help her be able to maintain close relationships in the future. I don't really want to share much more about it, but just to tell you it is dark. The crap down inside her comes up sideways. She needs to deal with it, and needs to be able to talk about it. BUT not the way she does. Also, she says things she does not mean. She says it...will not back down...and then of course changes her mind fast. She has been burnt by this in the past. People have cancelled her ticket or whatever it is. It was so good that the group home supervisor saw and heard some of this. The group home supervisor told me she believed SD and that she for sure DID NOT want to to come to my house. Wrong. An hour later she had changed her mind. She really wanted to come. She always wanted to come. We had an amazing weekend planned. So that is why I am helping her make the cards. OK...I could go on and on.

Seriously hoping for some sunshine for you, but also wishing you a good day no matter the weather.

K-Mom 10x4
  #1295   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-18, 10:29

BF:
Progress:

Lori:
Yep...Blue and I are getting snow! Some today and a lot more on Saturday. Should be pretty...but pretty miserable traveling!

So when you need to put stuff away that was delivered in the middle of the night, is it already priced and ready to go? Do you need to find a spot for it? Who decides where to put stuff and make room for new stuff? I would assume you are getting some spring stuff soon, if not already.

I love JJill and just saw a super cute outfit today. Stuff there is so expensive, but I love the look. Getting something as a motivation to lose weight has not worked well for me in the past, but I just might get it anyway. It is a striped blue shirt...stripes going vertical with a bow in the front made out of the same material. The bow is large and would hit right on my tummy which would be an added benefit! Sounds silly with a big bow. Maybe it is not a bow. Maybe it is just a tie. It looks really cool! Also shows white pants and a very long, thin sweater. Say, any boxes arriving soon for you? Are you still signed up for two different companies?

Hope you have a great day at work!

K-Mom 10x4
  #1296   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-18, 10:30

BF:
Progress:

Jaz and Blue:
Ran out of time. Will get you guys later.
  #1297   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-18, 17:08

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good evening!

Home from a tiring day at work. I had a bit of freight to put away this morning. KMom...yes it is all priced etc, just needs put on shelves. Most of it is replacements for stuff that has sold, so I just replenish the shelves. I do not do the clothing. That is a separate department. They get a "game plan" from corporate to tell them how to lay out their displays etc.

We thought it would be slow today with all the rain, but it seemed the opposite. Much busier than I imagined. I am off now until Monday morning.

I filled out my paperwork to change my availability for work. I told them I can work any shift Monday thru Thursday, need Friday off, and can work after 5PM on Saturdays and Sundays. If they say they cannot do that, I will let them know that I'm quitting. No problem. Their choice.

I'm going to have any easy day tomorrow. I may put my run off until Saturday as the weather looks a bit better than tomorrow. I have been sneezing and my throat feels "thick" tonight.....sure hope I'm not coming down with some bug.

Have a good weekend all!
  #1298   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-18, 17:12

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hello-

Kmom- I had 6 thurs- wasn't quite done. I will post today tomorrow, when all said and done- to avoid confusion! Sorry- bout that!

So glad your SD has you! Blessing all the way around!

Leeann- I just hate when I lose that much sleep. But to have a great time ya gotta let it go and trust all will be ok until you get back! Enjoy yourself!

Trig- So happy to see your post. YAY So very COOL your next chapter with the Pork Chop starts in THREE days!!!!!!
Agree with Kmom- bring him breakfast in bed- and let him have dessert first!!!! WINK WINK........ what fun- I miss that!!!! Lucky you. (I'm not dead ya know)!!!!!! Love it while ya got it!

BLUE- So hoping you feel better! FLUID FLUID FLUID/ REST REST REST

Lori- I too am wondering how you are going to work and play golf????????? HAHAHAHAAH
Did you get your walk in?
---------------------------------------------------------
I can't wait to get past tomorrow. Just 8 more work hours. Boss is back- and that is all I am going to say.

I was pressed for time- worked late, and have nothing in the fridge right now. So I stopped and bought a Cobb salad again. NOT happy! I am not getting n scale for few days. It was SO SO SO salty. I think that is the wt gain from those salads. Pushing fluids.

Not doing a dam thing tonight or tomorrow- vegging in front of TV/ Book/ Netflix/ Talking to kids. Will work like mad on paper this weekend. But taking tonight and tomorrow off! recoup!

WOE- OK- nothing "bad" - just hate having to pick up salty salad. I did the math....... Carbs..... No time to cook- quick and easy was on plan.

Ok all I will be tucked in early. As I drove by my street on my way home- saw people working like mad to fix the MINOR things I requested fixed. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

Happy nite
  #1299   ^
Old Fri, Feb-23-18, 05:21

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning- I guess I was the last and first! - Unless Lori- is typing at the same time I am!!!!

Personals above!
I didn't sleep as great as I should have. I got HOT. For the most part, my estrogen med nips that in the bud. But every now and again I will have "break though" night sweats. Before I had my surgery I was having NIGHTLY sweats and hot flashes! Thank goodness- it is few and far between!

I will get to bed early tonight! I know I am such the party animal! Friday night and I can't wait to get to bed! Oh yes!

I am hopeful Blue you are feeling better!!!!!
The flu here is not getting any better. It is one of the top stories almost everyday now! Now they are saying that people should get the shot twice!
I can't wait for this Spring- and the winter blahs, and flu bug are gone!

Not much going today- I have lite day at work. Want to do a bit of school work on my lunch hour.
I am also taking my walking shoes to work with me. New day- need to get up and move!

Have a great day all!
  #1300   ^
Old Fri, Feb-23-18, 06:13

BF:

Good Morning!

I checked in earlier, but decided to let someone else be first today!

I'm planning on a "do what I want" day. I do have to do some laundry, but I really don't mind that. This afternoon I'll hop in the shower and get all made up for going out tonight. Woohoo!! It will be weird to be with the boot camp people in a social situation. The other day at work one of the guys who used to go to boot camp came in the store and I said "Hey Mike!" He looked at me and I said you don't recognize me, do you? He said....Um...no. I guess I look a little different at work with my hair down and make-up on as opposed to 5:45AM with no make-up and hair up with a sweatband on!

Jaz.....hope your Friday goes well & quickly. I laughed when you said you can't wait to go to bed tonight. You know you're tired when you crawl out of bed and all you can think about is falling back in that night! Hope you catch up on your sleep this weekend.

OMG...yesterday at work I was waiting on this guy, probably in his late 40's early 50's and I'm scanning his items and out of the blue he said "You smell good" Um.....thank you? Creeper alert! Our female manager said I should have said "Thank you, my husband thinks so too." I got this new perfume called "Clean Skin" and I had a woman the other day comment too...she wanted to know what it was and I told her where I got it etc. That was some how different than having a man tell me that I smelled good. LOL!

It is supposed to be nearly 50 degrees tomorrow so DH & I are going to go out for a run/walk between rain showers. Well, at least that's what he says now. The other day he was going to go with me and that did not happen. In his defense, he had a big morning that day at his part time job.....he will not have that excuse tomorrow!

Enjoying my lazy morning. Have a good Friday everyone!
  #1301   ^
Old Fri, Feb-23-18, 06:43

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all! I am checking in while DH is in the shower. We stayed overnight in Cocoa Beach last night. Didn't do much though- got in about six, crazy hungry. Meh meal then I was crashed out before 9 PM. Party animal! I really needed to catch up on sleep from yesterday.

Today is board the ship day! Very excited about that. It'll be great fun!

Kmom, do you have Amazin Prime? If you do then you can see the show on there for free. I will look forward to the AR finale and to starting Survivor when I get back. I watch them with my DH.

HUGS AND LOVE to you re: your determination and deep caring for your SSD. That fire that you have is pure love driven and I know you are doing what you do with the big picture in mind.

Blue- hugs to you, sweetie. I hope you are resting and working on getting well.

Trig- I can absolutely imagine feeling the way you do when my DH is retiring. I love him dearly but we also have our own lives and space. It will be an adjustment when the time comes I'm sure.

Jaz- how fun to see them working away on your house and knowing they are getting it ready just for you! I am so happy for you!

Gotta hit the shower. More later!
  #1302   ^
Old Fri, Feb-23-18, 07:04

BF:
Progress:

Jaz:
I'm with you in looking forward to crawling in bed at night...and the earlier the better for me! I didn't sleep well last night, plus was up at 4:00 AM to a snow emergency alert. That means my renter needs to move her car off the street and into the driveway. It is a narrow driveway, so that means I have to move my car out for her to pull in first...because I need my car today. WELL...for the first time, she could not make it up my driveway! It is not that big of a slant, but we got quite a bit of snow last night. She got it up far enough to be off the street. Luckily, I could park my car across the street in my DDS's driveway. Then my great SoIL shoveled a pathway from his house to mine so I could walk easier. My knee can tend to get wrenched in deep snow. So tonight, I might beat you to bed, Jaz!

How fun for you to drive past your house and see them working fixing the minor things you requested. I love saying that....YOUR HOUSE. It sill seems unbelievable to me how fast it happened. But you knew what you wanted, and when you saw it...you moved lightning speed. Jaz's speed! And so cool the lady was on the same page and went with the whole thing! It all just has worked out so well. Can't wait for you to meet your neighbors. They are in for a real treat! I wish I was your neighbor! And Blue could live across the street and Lori two doors down and Trig kiddy corner. But in a way, we sort of have a "neighborhood" here.

How close are the houses? Are there houses on both sides of the street?

Hope your Friday is a great one. Then two days off with time to do some cooking! I always thought Cobb salads were LC. I get mine from TJ's. I also didn't realize they were high in sodium.

Thankful that you are one of my BLCFF!

K-Mom 10x4
  #1303   ^
Old Fri, Feb-23-18, 07:13

BF:
Progress:

I forgot Nic! What would a neighborhood be without Nic! We could all sit at our picture windows and enjoy watching her do life!

Oh, and maybe once a month or so we could all meet and have dinner together and share recipes!

And maybe play Bridge! Do you know I was a Bridge player when I was a young teenager? Got a national award for most points earned. My mom and dad owned a duplicate bridge club (competitive bridge). My uncles also owned one in Hollywood. So I grew up playing duplicate bridge.

Nic...hope you have a great time on the cruise. And getting to be with DH. Sigh. So happy for you.

K-Mom 10x4
  #1304   ^
Old Fri, Feb-23-18, 07:19

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco have a blast on your ship!! Need a great report on your fun when ya get back!
I bet you are tired but hope that good rest got ya moving and shaking this morning!
Yea, kinda wondering how we will fit together 24, 7 but I think in the end (after our chat on how we need our 'own time') we should do ok....either that or you guys will hear me moaning!!

Jaz, wink wink on the dessert before the meal when he semi-retires LOL And KM is in on that one also HA HA you guys crack me up!

when I went zero carb all hot flashes etc went away, never to return, unless I eat carbs. Carbs means ALL kinds of weirdo things to me and zero carb means I function in my best top form. from sleep, to energy levels, to menopause crap and all that jazz

Lori.....no, that is not a creeper alert LOL I love when a guy says I smell good I just know deep down inside I picked out a wonderful 'user friendly in the world' perfume! I smell a lot of people and their perfume and guys after shave stuff smells so strong and nasty that ya gag, and I wonder if the ones I choose to wear are like that for others? but when someone says ya smell good, you picked a great one to wear!!

I remember way back I loved Wind Song. Heck it is around everywhere out there and me and Barb were in a gas station and guy says, you smell great, that is Wind Song right? Barb and me look at each other like, what the hell? LOL and he says his mom wore it all the time so he knew it instantly.....and heck I put it on like 8 am that morning and it was like 6 at night....hmmm, too much on or is it the kind that lingers great on a person? who knows HA But to me I loved someone liked what I was wearing.

Can't wait to hear if you are gonna stay working or if your schedule is going to conflict? I bet a million they will keep you any way they can, for any hours you will give them cause you are that 'great worker' they can rely on and they won't give you up that easy More power to ya!!

KM, yea I pour over the whole jar over the meat. when I say a little gravy I mean when I pull out the meat I don't eat any 'extra' gravy with it like hubby would. He would pour the extra gravy over noodles or rice and I just eat whatever gravy is covered on the meat after I kinda shake it off before putting it in the bowl.....so when I say a little, it just means I am controlling what I eat kinda. No waste here tho cause hubby sops it up fast

It is truly sad some come into this life with such a horrible rough start. Many have been thru the ringer in this lifetime and as children to boot, when developing and more can be oh so changed and ingrained in them....but with people loving and helping many can feel the warmth of what life can give also!!

Blue, hope you are doing ok!!! Nasty being sick

hey all
nothing much
laundry going
HOT AS heck here for Feb right now LOL but don't get me wrong, I love it. Clothes changes are driving me batty....chilly morning and by early afternoon you are in shorts and tshirt and putting on the AC....oh well, whatever

NO sun here tho. still icky, darky cloudy nasty but they say the sun is out there in this world and will come back some day....I have to believe that ya know

doing some walk around picking up and cleaning. NO ONE knows how to pick up anything in this darn house Wanna bet that is gonna change sooner than later, you bet it is HAHA

food today is simple
tuna mayo later
dinner got a mess of chicken wings, a few buffalo and more of the garlic parm I love.

great day all
  #1305   ^
Old Sat, Feb-24-18, 03:59

BF:

Good Morning!

The dang cat got me up at 4:30 this morning. Some days I could just string her up! I got home about 9:30 from my "night on the town"! It was fun, but some of the girls are so loud...they talk loud and laugh SO loud that it is startling at first. I had a couple beers and a delicious chicken sandwich without the bun. Oh....and they put fresh cut fries on my plate and of course, I ate them. There were only a few, but I should have left them. I'm not happy with the number on the scale and then I eat fries....bad Lori, bad Lori.

Today I have to do my training run and it's going to be a struggle on not a great night's sleep. I'll get it done, but it won't be pretty. It's not going to be more than about the mid forties, but I'll dress appropriately. I really need to get out in the fresh air.

Ok gang.....I need coffee. Hope you're all getting to do just what you want to do this weekend.

((Hugs))
Closed Thread