Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-08, 20:35

Plan: cad
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:

Sheilaraye, did you lose 100 pounds all on CAD ? Do you mind posting what your one meal consisted of while doing CAD?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-08, 20:50

Plan: CAD
Stats: 228/128/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Yes....all the weight was lost on CAD. I did try for a few days to do Atkin's, but my low blood pressure just went even lower. And the toe cramps were horrific!!
My one meal consisted of anything I wanted. No dividing the plate into thirds, etc. Whatever I wanted. To this day I follow this plan--we ate at a restaurant in Branson today. Started out with a shared appetizer of fried green tomatoes and sweet potato chip thingys...not sure what they are called. Then I had fish and chips, substituted corn for the slaw.....I HATE cole slaw. And drank about three glasses of Coke. Then a piece of coconut cream pie. When we finished the meal, I still had 16 minutes I COULD have eaten, but I couldn't eat another bite.
I'm still full and it's nearly 10PM.

IMO, CAD is better than CALP (don't throw rocks at me, Eno )
because it's much less rigid/restricted. Don't have to start the RM with salad, for instance.

PM me if you want and you can have my e-mail address and I will show before/after pictures.

Sheila
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-08, 21:08

Plan: CALP
Stats: 229/229/150 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress:

Sheila,
I cant PM you cuz I guess I don't have enuf posts but could you email me your before and after pics??
erialicia ~ aol dot com
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-08, 21:12

BF:

Sure, I will do it right now.

Sheila
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-08, 06:39

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

I followed the first book also. It was great eating like that and losing 1-2 pounds a week. Now, since menopause I'm into a more healthy way of eating so as to help my body age painlessly.
My problem was that I started with Atkins and I had fruit in the morning..like berries at 6 or grapefruit 8.5. then spread the rest of the carbs out. Last night I was cad'ing it having strawberries with dinner. I ate fried tofu, kale and then I had strawberries for dessert with stevia, some heavy cream and I added some xanathan gum.*like 1/8 of a tsp. or less. I whirled it in the Bullet and the gum made it into a mousse...It was really good...except, last night at midnight, I woke up from a sound sleep with acid reflux in my throat, gasping for air..I HATE that. I haven't had acid reflux since going low carb!! I suspect nargles again...
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-08, 18:22

BF:
Progress:

Did you get my email, Shela? So you are also 5'4" like me? You eat like I do. ALOT and what I want. I had 2 sausage and egg mcmuffins, sm OJ, 3 donuts, Starbucks venti extra caramel frappuccino today. That was it for me. Tomorrow is ribeye, salad, pint of Haagen Dazs. Almost all last week though I had 2 apples and 2 king size snickers for my rms during the week days. Do you eat only one meal a day like me? Does your weight fluctuate like mine? Just curious. I was 109.5. I like being between 100 and 105 though. Do you ever go below your current weight and have gain?
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-08, 18:23

BF:
Progress:

Oh, just to add, I am a CADer too and not a CALPer. Sheila are you an avid exerciser. I just walk alot. I looked for your Journal?
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-08, 18:29

BF:

Eaterow, I sent you an e-mail but got it bounced right back to me. Not sure why, since I just hit reply and answered it that way. I don't like to exercise--the weight might have come off faster if I had, though.
Send me another e-mail, and I will try again....
Sheila
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-08, 18:31

BF:

YOU WEIGH 105 POUNDS???????
Are you doing CAD to maintain? Surely you aren't trying
to lose. OMG, I would be huge standing next to you.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-08, 20:07

I work with a girl who is 5'2 and she is trying to get down to 105 from 109. She looks underweight when she's 105. Her pants are lose and her legs look boney. She thinks she looks good. It's amazing the way we see ourselves. I know I would look fine at 145-150 but you always want to get to 135.. I think it's just numbers on a scale that we want to reach.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Apr-12-08, 20:13

BF:

Hi Mayflowers!
You are right about not perceiving ourselves correctly. It's hard to be objective about your own body--when to quit losing. I like my weight to end in zero. My scales are not digital, and I am 45 years old--in the mornings when I weigh that big number ZERO at the top of the scale lets me easily know I am maintaining. I used to be a scale slave--I weighed every day. Now with just maintaining, I weigh about 3 times a week--I'd be happy with weighing 130. My doctor told me that for "optimum health" I should gain seven pounds. Not going to happen. I wouldn't mind to gain two pounds--that'd put me at 130.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-08, 08:49

I think as you and I get older, doctors think weighing more is ok because in case of an illness losing weight would be detrimental. When you're younger, you can bounce back easier. I always weighed 140 no matter what I did..I'd try to get down to 130 and I'd go as far as 135 and my weight always would creep back up to 140. So I decided that my body LIKES to weigh that much and I realized that I should listen to my body. Just like the girl at work. She keeps trying to get the weight off, using a low fat diet I might add, and she gets down to 105, looks skinny, not even shapely and then her weight starts to creep back up at least 10 pounds. She just doesn't get it. Her body is NOT healthy at 105..Oh, and then she starts getting sick in the summer with sinus infections etc, and can't figure out why she's getting sick. I told her maybe if you ate more, you'd have better nutrition to fight the infections..She looks at me like I have 2 heads! un-believable. (must be some kind of anorexia, or eating disorder)

Especially women who don't like to exercise. Even Jane Fonda who looks fantastic, weighed 10 pounds more because she works out and muscle takes up WAY less room than fat. Younger girls need to know this.
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-08, 09:15

BF:
Progress:

Nope I was 111.5 . I gained 11.5 pounds from eating 2 cms and 1 rm. I have no control so that is why I am back to one meal a day. Today I was 110. I would like to be back to 105 so now I just want to lose to 105 but not below that. My mom is your weight and she is not huge. So I am sure you are not either. I saw your pictures and you are gorgeous! Today I am eating alot. I am starving.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-08, 17:37

Plan: CALP
Stats: 229/229/150 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress:

I was wondering what you guys normally eat now that you are maintaining?? How tall r u also?

Thanks Carolyn
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-08, 18:17
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Carolyn- you can see my menus in the HOur Power thread. I am 5'5".
E