Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 05:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/120/130 Female 5"3
BF: ?
Progress: 120%
Default Stats and denial?

I just got back from a 7 week vacation in Texas. It was a wonderful food fueled frenzy. I had not weighed myself the entire time I was there because I just did not want to know. However, I just did and I weigh 143, that is 3lbs that I have gained over these 7 weeks. I cannot bring myself to change my stats! Has anyone gained and not changed their stats upward, with the hope that you will quickly go back down to what those numbers were?

Judi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 05:19
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

I refuse to change my stats upwards. My body bounces around, as in now with TOM kicking in. That extra three pounds will be gone soon enough!

By the way, you did great! 7 weeks vacation and only gained 3 pounds! I sister-n-law was here for a week, I didn't really go off plan and put of 6 pounds alone. It took a week to get it off, thanks stress.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 05:25

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 298/270/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 19%

I only change my stats by 5 lbs increments. My weight fluxuates by 5 lbs in one day!! Water weight, exercise, TOM and the fact that I have an old scale could all be reasons for the flux in my weight.

I only change my stats when I reach my next 5 lb mark - heaven forbid if it goes back up five lbs!! I guess if it did go up five lbs I would change it.

If I were you I would not worry those three lbs will be gone by the end of the week!!

You did great if you gained only three pounds in a week long Texas Binge!!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 05:32
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%

WOW 7 weeks and 3 pounds you are awesome!!! I took my scales on vacation with me and had just hit an all time low just before leaving on a 3 week vacation i was 136....when i stopped myself I was 150 granted my usual weight was 140 BUT that is almost 15 pounds!!!
I changed my stats back to 140 after about a week...5 pounds came off really quickly a day or 2 the rest quicker than it came off originally I was finally back down to 136.5 and changed my stats back down accordingly...but my weight is very bouncy so unless I stay up for about 2 week I don't change my stats.....LOL I'd be changing them back and forth each day
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 06:40
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

My profile weight is the rolling average of my last seven weigh-ins. Otherwise I would be totally demoralized--for example, I recently gained six pounds of water weight in three days. Ugh

OBTW, I'm hella impressed that you had a 7 week food frenzy and only gained 3 lbs

Emily

Last edited by tholian8 : Sun, Aug-24-03 at 06:42.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 07:14
Doctor Dirt

Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

In the weeks that I've been doing this, I've gained on three weigh days (I weigh myself every Sunday). I always record these as "stalls." Two Sundays ago I got on the scale and I had gained 2 pounds over the previous week (!!) Today I got on the scale and I lost 1.8 pounds of that, but since I'm still heavier than I was 2 weeks ago, I'm still in a "stall."

I have to face that my body just doesn't seem to want to go to onederland. I'm doing my best to convince it otherwise. Today I'm going to wipe the dust off of the Nordic Trak. If THAT doesn't break this stall, I don't know what will...

Jeannie
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 07:28

Stats: 250/188/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

I think it's best to be honest with yourself and record it.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 08:44

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default I don't

I only post a Monday weight so I have to hold any "new lows" over a weekend, which is my harder time. I also don't post a "higher" Monday, regardless. The "wrong" data makes me a little more conscious of needing to pay attention and get back to where it's true.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 10:14

Stats: 180/120/130 Female 5"3
BF: ?
Progress: 120%

I was doing step aerobic classes about 4 times a week so I am sure that was a factor!! I also feel like I cannot eat the huge portions that I was used to. This WOE has given me built in portion control

judi
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 13:50

Stats: 225/140/140 Female 5' 4.5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Wow, only 3 lbs is awesome! I went on a one week conference and came home 6 lbs heavier! :O I also refused to change my stats, and I DID lose it very quickly once I get home. It also carried me right past the point I had been stalled at for 3-4 weeks, which was very nice
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-03, 18:47
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

I won't change higher either. I went on carb-laden family vacation and gained seven pounds over 12 days. I was back to my low after 5 days back at home. Most of my weight changes are water fluctuations. I take full credit for my low-and will keep it there until it wooshes downward again.