Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#361   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-18, 04:32

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning
Feel much better today! Even the bruises look so much better. No headache. I got out of that fall lucky. Ya know at our age falls- especially like that one could have resulted much differently. Thankfully I have strong bones.

Glasses- they are going to take a minute to get used to!

BLUE- how did your inspection go???????? I hope you got just a few minor things to look at!

Trig- hope you get some sunshine your way today.

Lori- safe travels

Nic- - How was the Casa baby visit? That made me smile that you have kept up the relationship. How does one become a CASA baby?

I respect this thread and all of you on it. I never speak politics on here- ever. But I will say this- I was off yesterday, and I was GLUED to the Senate Hearings. I have never seen anything like what went down yesterday.
on both sides- it was truly a drama in real time, in real life. It was something. That is all I will say about the matter.

I will say however I found irony in the fact I registered to vote and got confirmation yesterday in the mail as well. I needed to register as I have moved. I also updated my license - that needed done.

Oh- one last thing. Went to Costco yesterday. ALL their CHRISTMAS stuff is out. Shocking- all the trees- and decorations. Didn't we just have summer? I found it so odd to be looking at Christmas trees in shorts and a tee shirt and flip flops.

Ok- I am on plan Stan. I am still struggling to feel good in my clothes and that bothers me.
Sponsored Links
  #362   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-18, 05:18

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz...glad to hear that your bruises are feeling better and that the headache is gone. You are so right, that fall could have been so much worse. Be careful!

Blue...wondering how things went yesterday? I hope it went smoothly with little action required on your part. Keeping good thoughts here.

Nic...you had a busy day! Hope DH got home safely and that DS had a good XC meet.

Trig...I hear you on hating the shorter days. All the darkness is so depressing. I have a feeling it's going to be a long winter. I really need to get back to the gym and some running so I have a focus. Don't want to just sit here all winter pouting.

Funny how the number on the scale effects us. I have sort of an acceptable range.....and then the number that is just too shocking. I guess what we have to realize is that as we get older......that acceptable range has to adjust. Stupid scale!

I put on a pair of cutoff shorts yesterday and they still fit, but I can tell a difference the way they feel around my hips and butt. Not good. I love those shorts, but won't be mad at all if they are too big next Spring/Summer!

Haircut/color for me today. I'm going to get some of this red/pink covered up. A lot of people tell me they like it, but I have never loved it.

Raining again....talk about depressing! I guess the weekend will be nice....maybe I'll get out for a walk at least.

Have a good day!
  #363   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-18, 07:05

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco so glad things are moving well thru the old body HAHA and you are doing much better! Steaks are always a great meal

Hope the CASA baby visit goes well!

Weather changes are weird for me. Always were. I think for it is not about trying to pretend it is warmer or sunnier in any way with indoor things, it for me is ALL about outside. I do everything in outside heat. Cold weather shuts me down, I don't even want to go out in it ever. I am an outdoor person so when cold keeps me in more I go into batty mode a bit more Heehee…..I see the pool covered from my kitchen window all the time and just sigh a big sigh. Covered pool means cold is coming and summer fun swim and outdoor stuff is coming to an end. I am not a put on a big coat, sweater, hat person. I want tshirt and shorts all the time! Even in dead of winter when super cold (which is a shorter window here for me thankfully) I will only put on a flannel shirt even if I freeze I don't care, ain't doing coats and all, yea stupid me but that is how I am. oh well.....I seem to suffer thru it all

Jaz sorry you are so stoved up from that fall. Need some time to get healed up but ya will. Best BBQ! ahh, ya know I am jealous. That birthday party sounds cool!

work is gonna change up big for you guys. Just chill and wait to see what comes down. Sometimes it seems over the top and when it happens it ain't as bad as it was rumored....hold strong, just wait.

Lori so get ya on clothes not fitting. I am out of quite a few things here and I have to get those stupid lbs off to get back into them. I will tho
Sure would be nice if those kinda tight shorts fall off ya by summer! I am right there with you on that one!

yea I have to think I am not 21 anymore, I am dealing with a 56 yr old body now so I can't expect my 21 yr old weight now....I probably could, but it ain't going to happen in my book at this age, I ain't got it in me to get back to that body I liked LOL

good luck on your hair, hope it turns out the way ya want it.

Your trip is looming and coming soon. lucky you!

Blue, ya around? busy busy

off to moms in a bit
she needs grocery store
picking up pizza for kid to get on way back so I don't have to feed her anything hard, pizza is so easy LOL but heck my mind I already want the damn thing. BOO! but I won't touch a hair of it!
Hubby taking MIL for some eye appt. Something like they stick needles in eyes for her diabetes treatment?? who knows, I don't listen anymore, he just handles her crazy med appts now...which are a ton of them. I can't keep up with her dr appts...way too darn many for me to keep tabs.

cloudy icky rainy blah blah blah here
no sunshine, suks

just cruising thru the day easy as I can

food when I get home will be tuna, mayo and tin of sardines

dinner I got a nice small pork roast going into the dutch oven. yum. I want it now but have to wait til tonight...bleck HAHA

everyone have a fab day
  #364   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-18, 07:25

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Ho, everyone! Happy FRIYAY!!

Blue- was checking in first and foremost to see how things went with the inspection. Hopefully you guys are just tired or celebrating or whatever and nothing went horribly wrong. I am sure they found a few things here and there- it happens. Fingers crossed that it was that and nothing more. Check in when you can.

Lori- Man, this rain, right? Rained yesterday here as well and wet outside today although no rain and it is starting to brighten. I wonder what all this moisture means in terms of the winter, if anything?

Getting very excited for your imminent departure!

Trig- You are definitely the most outdoorsy one of the group by a long shot so in that way, yeah, I can see how the weather changes and darker colder days would affect you by far the most. I am only a moderately outdoorsy gal myself and not a high heat, full sun gal at all!

Jaz- I do really like my sous vide and at 99 bucks or less ( I got it on a deal) it wasn't a bad expenditure. It makes great steaks IMO. I cook them to 127 and then just sear them off, which makes them perfectly medium rare the whole way through, from edge to edge, and super tender. Also good for not drying out pork. It is a technique though with a bit of a learning curve. There are some great youtube stations about it. I use the instant pot several times a week on average. My most used kitchen items are my cast iron skillet, my half-sheet commercial jelly roll pans, my instant pot and my sous vide. And my le creuset dutch oven. That pretty much covers it!

Really glad that you are feeling pretty recovered from your fall already. That is wonderful! It definitely could have been so so much worse!

••••••••••••

Nice visit with CASA baby yesterday- she is three now! She has made really great developmental strides and I am so proud of her. Talking in full sentences and interested in everything. Just the right amount of sass too!

I tell you, her great grandparents blow my mind. I cannot imagine having brought up my own kids, then my daughter's kids and now working on Round Three with the grand daughter's kid. Can you even imagine? Some days I think I can hardly get through my own Round One!

Jaz, you asked how one becomes a CASA baby- in our state, or at least in our county, a child in the foster care system or a "CINA" - 'child in need of assistance'- is assigned a CASA which is a court-appointed special advocate. This person (the CASA) forms a relationship with the child and also all parties relevant to the child, so that the child doesn't fall through the cracks (hopefully) and also represent the voice of the child in court from a non-biased standpoint. So one becomes a CASA baby by entering the foster care system or CINA status.

XC meet was canceled again yesterday due to rain. SO much rain this year! Apparently we have had rain on 42% of the days of 2018- almost half! Leaves aren't even changing or falling yet here- everything is still really green.

Totally quiet and open day today- YAY!! I am happy about that. Not sure yet what I will do with it but I do know that I will be enjoying it!

I've got my heavier sweatshirt on for the first time this year. It is nice and cool but not cold in the house. Pretty much perfect. And one dog pressed up against my leg as I type this, for the perfect added bit of warmth.

DH and I are thinking we might go on a date tomorrow and then Ravens play the Steelers on Sunday night (late game though- starts around 8:30 PM- hate that!) DH has some travel next week at some point. Busy season for him.

Guess that is it- just rambling here anyway!
  #365   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-18, 09:47

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Quick jump in. Y'all asked about the inspection and I appreciate the care and concern. We know nothing yet. Not one thing. We've got a call into the realtor to ask how long it might be till we hear. It would be less stressful if we had an expectation of when we'll know something.

Busy today with yet more stuff we need to do for house. Hope to be back later this afternoon with a real post, LOL.
  #366   ^
Old Sat, Sep-29-18, 04:35

BF:

Happy Saturday to all!

NIC- I love the fact you LIKE to cook! That is the first step to really controlling ones weight. I liked that you have specific tools you use!
How cool on that spunky CASA babe! I understand the process now- thanks for the explanation.
Enjoy you relaxing weekend!

Blue- I am like the rest on here! Hoping the best for you and your next move! Can't wait for your closing. Did you get a secure date yet? Maybe I missed that. I know you said you are moving the last part of Oct. I know you have got to be excited about that!
I know you are having a very busy week- in more ways than one!!!!
Keep us posted.

TRIG- How was your pork roast? Ya know I have tried sardines once. They are hairy aren't they?! I know you love them- and you can have my share! HAHAHA
I hear ya loud and clear on being an outdoors gal! Do you like Fall? It's a good time of year to do hiking! I thought too I remembered to have some trip upcoming ?!?!?!?!

I am right there with you on tight clothes. I hate feeling like nothing is fitting. The scale doesn't have to change- but dang I want looser fitting clothes without going UP A SIZE!!!! grhhhhhhhhhh
----------------------------------------------------------
Hey all- I am recovered from my tumble in the parking lot and thankful nothing was broken!
Today is the kiddo's 3nd birthday party at a petting farm. I am going for his sake. I don't do farm animals- or a farm. (TRIG- I know you are eye rolling). I am a CITY gal. I don't like the smell, bugs, critters, heat, sitting on hay, you name it. But I will SUFFER through for the kid. Then we will do lunch at a BBQ joint that is actually very good! That I CAN do!

Trying to figure out what to wear to a FARM? Heels are out! HAHAHAH- shorts? My jeans are to tight. I wore them yesterday and talk about busted can of biscuits. I was MISERABLE all day until I could rip those off. Dear god this belly has got to go! I really thought that my belly would be nice and flat after I had my hyster. But no........ If anything it has gotten BIGGER- more flab. I don't get it.

Like TRIG- maybe I need to cut just a bit of the fat- leaner meats.

Ok- I need to get my self moving here!
  #367   ^
Old Sat, Sep-29-18, 05:21

BF:

Blue, take your time, we know you are super duper busy. I know you will be back posting with a vengeance when ya get the chance

Nicco, great info on the CASA baby cause it makes sense to me on having a person appointed to help a kid not fall thru the cracks, as can happen very easily! Very nice organization to be involved with

heavier sweatshirt....omgosh! HAHA muggy hot here but not a good hot, it is peppered with rainy misty icky kinda days and like you said, rain has been over the top annoying!

Jaz, yes ya had my eyes rolling for sure! I am SO farm and you are so not LOL too funny.
I am having a clothes malfunction here also. I am out of a lot of things, just too tight to breathe in and that is if I can get them buttoned, ugh.

Yea for me I know what weight loss mode eating should be point blank. I ain't doing it. I kinda really don't know why? Like, do it darn it, just do it and results come and you did it before so?? yet my mind says eat all the good fatty meats ya love and be happy instead of 'super controlled' every morsel in my mouth. I guess I just have to get over it and now and find a way back into weight loss mode. I am compiling a list of my best 'lose weight' meals that fill me up. I MIGHT have to put broccoli back into my life ONLY because if I pair that up with chicken I seem to fill out the belly a ton and hold my meal to very low calorie. I hate to do it tho. I see no reason for broccoli in my life other than it can do what it needs to do for me, very low calorie but filling...hmm, still on the fence if I want to go back to that kind of dieting but it worked for me so....ugh, I don't know. I am delaying eating veg cause I am not a fan truly but being so low calorie I can fill the belly with less kcals and actually lose lbs. Lose some lbs is what I must do. I am in a quandry now on if I do that or if I stay true zero carb, but even with some broccoli added it keeps me in a very very low state, like 8 carbs and under for the day so to me, hmm, might be the way I do go. Mind still wondering what I want to do. hells bells I don't know HAHA

I beat Lori to the post. Jaz and me and I am sure Lori will be popping in soon now

icky day
misty rainy
lets just say crappy to the max

little this and that

nothing planned and doubt we will do anything today. kinda that quiet no one wants to do anything kinda weekend happening.

hubby leaving tomorrow for hunt cabin

kiddo 'super tired' from school LOL omg, she wants to be left alone on the xbox and I was told by her not to plan a hike this weekend HAHA

so just chilling and whatever

great day all
  #368   ^
Old Sat, Sep-29-18, 06:23

BF:

Good Morning!

I was up early...as usual. Cat got me up at 3AM to go out, then DH was up at 4AM to the bathroom. He was getting up early to go archery hunting with son & grandson, so he just tossed and turned till 5 when he got up. I crawled out about 6:15. I'll need a nap today.

Ah..the dieting dilemma. All the reading I'm doing lately says that low calorie dieting is more harmful than helpful for long term success. It almost always backfires. You will lose weight at first, but our bodies are very smart. Your body is not designed to lose weight. It wants to hold on to everything for survival. If you do low calories long term, your body will simply stop using so many. Body temp drops, you become tired and have low energy etc. I really love the Keto theory. Very low carb, moderate protein and high fat. Calorie counting is not necessary. Carbs 20 grams or less, protein around 80 grams & fat to satiety, which typically ends up to be 150 grams or so depending on the day. I really just try to keep my carbs low. The other macros can vary depending on how hungry I am on any given day. It's simple.....but not easy!

My downfall lately has been not keeping my carbs low every day. Allowing too many treats etc. That won't change until I return from vacation. At that point I may have to reevaluate my food choices. I may have to cut out my beloved Swiss cheese...

It's so nice to have you all to commiserate with! We are all in the same boat I'm happy to be rowing along with all of you!

Have a great Saturday!
  #369   ^
Old Sat, Sep-29-18, 14:07

BF:

Blue- Thanks for the update. Hopefully you will hear something soon and that it is just small potatoes.

Jaz- Happy third to Noah! I hope you guys have a great time. I would love the petting zoo/farm type thing. Perfect fall activity! Love that you are doing it even though it isn't your thing. Take a pic or two!

BTW if I were going to Smoking Pig I would damn well be putting fried okra into my piehole.

Trig- Sorry for the crappy weather for you there with the mist and ick. You know we have had far more than our share of rain here. We finally have a string of a few nice days and OMG it is heaven on earth.

Lori- was thinking about what you were saying about too low calorie etc - I do know that when I was super LC and at 140-145 I was absolutely FREEZING cold. Like miserably cold. I am rocking about 15 pounds over that right now and while I need to lose it, I am also wondering if I won't be so freaking miserable this winter. Wondering what/where that sweet spot is for me physically.

All is well here. A friend of mine from growing up wanted to call and check in (her visit here for work got canceled) and I really really dislike talking on the phone, so we set a time and I got the dogs and I ready and walked through the phone call. One hour and about four miles. Made a long phone call like that much easier to take.

Came home, ate a bit, took a bath and now I'm hanging out. We are going to the Japanese steakhouse with K and B tonight at 6:30 and then watching their wedding video. I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Not much on the agenda for tomorrow, and then a late football game- Ravens vs Steelers. Big rivalry. Both teams are looking pretty good this year so we will see how that goes.

Still weaning off the meds. Apparently I have to go down to half a pill for a couple of days now? Hmmm.

Tentatively planning a girls' trip - a cruise- in late January. My friend is a travel agent and she found one dirt cheap. We'll see.

I need to get back into some kind of routine again, whether it is LC or NoS or something. Just flailing around lately.
  #370   ^
Old Sat, Sep-29-18, 18:12

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---So cool to hear about what a CASA baby is and what your job was. Thanks for asking, Jaz. What a beautiful service you have contributed. Just makes me teary, but then almost anything kind in these tough days for our country and for our family, does.

When we are settled in our new life, one of my priorities will be to find acts of service. Hubby is great at this, always has been. I need to join him in that and will probably explore CASA like programs here as well as others.

I was surprised how inexpensive a sous vide is! My brother got one a few years ago and I think it was more than that as almost all new stuff is. I have had Sous Vide meats, including steaks, at his house. Usually they are perfect, and if they're not, it's due to the grill master not that appliance. Brother sometimes has a hard time remembering they're already cooked and just need a quick sear---hard to break longtime grilling habits.

Jaz---Loved your pix!!!!

So glad you have recovered so well and quickly from your fall. Really, I live in fear of falling these days. My mom died from a fall, and in a different way, so did my dad when he broke both hips in two falls. I have ALWAYS been a klutz, have fallen flat on my butt or face so many times in my life. Back then I just picked myself up, dusted myself off and hoped no one saw it, or rushed to assure everyone who did that I was fine. And I always was.

Had a fall this last summer and sprained my wrist as y'all might remember. Took so much longer to heal and feel alright again than these things used to take. And, it is still weaker than my other wrist. Don't think that will change.

I was not gifted with the athlete's grace that's for sure, but I also know part of my "klutz" factor is and has always been moving too fast, head in the clouds. My dad used to always tell me "Lady Jane, you have GOT TO focus on what you're doing in the moment" Happy little memory, "Lady Jane" was his nickname for me, who knows why. But he knew I was a dreamer and a thinker. Such a dear, dear dad he was.

Lori---Thanx for your very concise yet so powerful paragraph on low cal vs. low carb. We all know it's true, we've all lost weight on LC much more comfortably than we did on Low Cal, and been able to maintain it longer. This was VERY GOOD for me to read as I prepare to set up life on the wagon again.

I think calories can be important if you're really pushing them. The idea of eating mostly fat and protein, is that you won't be hungry enough to push it. But like every wisdom, there is always a caveat. Some days, even on LC, you just feel like eating to eat. Again, it is enjoyable to eat. Think we can push the cals on LC now and then, but if we make a lifestyle of simply eating too much, we're going to pay for it in the biscuit can.

Don't know if this is still thought to be true, but I read many times including in the Art and Science of Low Carb Living, that about 1800 calories a day is a good goal for a Low Carb eater, less on the days you're fine with it being less, more now and then won't hurt, and of course your amount of physical activity is a factor, if not the biggest one. I think 1800 calories a day is pretty generous, particularly if you can do it in just two meals.

Even back in my Low cal days I often saved the bulk of my calories for dinner, and that worked while it worked. I lost weight, but I couldn't maintain 1200 to 1300 calories a day, which is what it took to lose. NOT true on LC.

In my best and many days in the zone, 1600 to 1800 cals was my norm. And if I kept those carbs pretty darn low carb, I lost weight AND was able to maintain the lifestyle. I WILL get back there, even if the success rate is slower. Everything is these days.

Trig---I'm curious as to what fall is like in N. Carolina. I know the long days of light are gone, as they are almost everywhere unless you live in the very northern parts of earth. If you live near the equator the sun rises every day at about 6:30 and sets every day about 6:30 all year long. When we were in Cartagena Columbia, it was like clockwork.

Still, do you have a "crispness" in the air in NC? Do you enjoy walking and hiking in it? Do you guys ever do bonfires on the farm on a cool night, or maybe in one of those contained outdoor fire pits?

I know your first love is sun and heat. Just wondering if you've explored the better part of some other seasons. As I person who adores fall, I know we're very different this way. Still, just interested.

Also, last but not least, I just have an instinct that limiting cals for the sake of losing weight is not going to work for you in this time, like it did so many years ago. or at least in the long term.

But I DO think if broccoli helps fill you up, go for it. Seems your issue is the need to eat till thoroughly satiated. I have this need too. Like I said above, eating is simply enjoyable and pretty excellent immediate gratification.

So, if you can keep the carbs way down and still fill up with some things like brocoli---wish I liked it---then I say go forward with that and any other thing besides the meat that is LC and low calorie, and works for you in the way broccoli does. I know you have an intellectual commitment to bio zero carb, but sometimes we have to re-work these things for who we are now. I know I do.

And even though I plan on, look forward to being back on plan in a more serious way, I also know I'm over 6 years older than I was when I started my woe. Things change, we change, our bodies change. We can think we're in control with our minds, but that's not entirely the case, imo. ALSO, LOL, our minds can turn on us in a heart beat and tell us it's OK to eat whatever for right now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO! We heard today that our buyers are still on board after the inspection. Couple of things I won't get into here, but nothing scary yet.

For right now realtor says we "passed inspection" based on the fact they have not withdrawn their offer. He does not have full report yet, so we'll see what's demanded by the inspector in order to sell the house, and get household insurance.

Oh yeah, that's a big deal. Turns out you can get away with things in inspection but increasingly insurance companies may choose to reject you if they don't think everything is perfect. Don't get me started on what I think of where the insurance industry has evolved to. You pay and pay and pay, and God forbid you have to collect more than once. Know many here will not agree, but as long as there is a profit motive involved in this, I believe we are not getting fair treatment.

Don't get me wrong, in all kinds of places I think the profit motive is totally fine, and I participate in it and have made much of my living on it. But when it comes to insurance, particularly health insurance FIRST, I don't want it ruled by profit. The rest of the industry bears some discussion too, imo.

Anywho, we are relieved for now, but we still don't have all the info. We should know more by next week.
  #371   ^
Old Sat, Sep-29-18, 19:41

BF:

happy happy happy day- I am so blessed on so many levels. You ladies are too my blessing!

I am feeling amazing with life. WOE not so much- stuff to go there. More on that tomorrow. But you know- the smile and joy of. child- innocence of a child, the pure innocence of a child. I am heart full.

Then I went to and outdoor concert and got my rock and roll on. took a shuttle - I walk to-(so I could travel with rum and water)- no driving- listening to music festival.
Dam that happy person!

Ok all over 10,500 steps today! little on the happy happy side!!!!HAHAHAHAHA
  #372   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-18, 03:41

BF:

Good Morning!

Up stupid early this morning(4:30). The furball wanted out and I said the heck with it, I'll just stay up. I didn't go to bed until 10:30, which is late for me, so it was a short night. Oh well.....nothing much on the agenda today.....just sitting here waiting to get this trip started! I do have some laundry to do and lots of things to worry about. Anyone want to bet that I'll be doing some nervous eating today? The good news is that there is not much food in the house. In getting ready to be away for 3 weeks, I'm severely pairing down the contents of our fridge etc. I did get some pork chops out of the freezer yesterday to make tonight. Should be a tasty dinner.

Jaz....what a happy post you wrote last night. Sounds like you had such a good day...from the farm and the happy kids to the concert with a slight buzz! Thank goodness for a shuttle! I'm so glad you had such a fun day.

Blue....yay! You passed inspection! I can't imagine that there will be anything big to fix. It seems to me that you have already taken care of the big things(roof!). I think the inspectors need to justify their existence, so will nit pick at little things. Oh yeah, insurance companies......loop holes and demands...enough to drive you crazy. I hope in this case they just agree to everything and don't cause you any grief.

I think that when you move and get started with your "new" life, the LC woe will be part of the scene. It will come....as your stress lessens, you'll be able to focus on that part of your life. No worries!

Nic....I'm not one to be on the phone for a long time either. Even in high school my friends could not understand that I didn't want to hang on the phone for hours. For one thing.....there were no cell phones and we had 1 phone and it was in the kitchen and my Dad would not have put up with me tying up the line. Kids today wouldn't understand that term...tying up the line. Good grief I'm old! Going for a walk while talking with your friend was a great idea!

How was dinner at the Japanese steakhouse? We have one of those here, but we've never tried it. I'm sure I'd like it, but DH would probably be skeptical. He would go, but probably be unimpressed. He's a "meat & taters" man.

Trig....so the hubby is off to the cabin? How long will he be gone? My DH was out archery hunting with our son and grandson most of the day yesterday. I always dread hunting season. Especially rifle season. I just worry about some idiot out in the woods shooting at anything that moves....scary. This year my boys are taking a trip to hunt in Illinois for a few days too. I said "You mean there aren't enough deer in Pennsylvania?" All that $$ to hunt somewhere else....sigh.....I don't get it.

Funny that your daughter told you not to plan on a hike this weekend! Hope you found something to keep you busy.

Ok...got to post this before I hit the wrong button and lose it all.

Later!
  #373   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-18, 04:45

BF:

I'm up stupid early too, at least for me and on a weekend. Late night too, didn't go to sleep until midnight. But for whatever reason I tossed and turned. I am about to do something gloriously lazy and stupid, and once the dogs are let back in I am going to do the shopping at Walmart IN MY SWEATPANTS. It is still dark outside it's so early on a Sunday morning, no one will be there and it will be empty as heck. I've combed my hair and I am going as is! Such a daring gal. lol

Jaz I could not have loved those pictures any more. What a beautiful beautiful day and family. When you said you are heart full I believed it one hundred percent!! So very happy for you.

Blue, I think you would love the satisfaction from doing acts of service. Plus it doesn't bind you like a requirement, frees you instead!

Lori, so excited for you! It is time, it is here!
Pork chops- the past two times I have pounded ours thin (cut them off the bone first) and then breaded them in pork rinds and parm. Really, really good. How are you going to prepare them?

Laid back day today here. Nothing required and Ravens game tonight. Had a really nice time with K and B last night plus DS16 came along out after dinner. The video was good but not great, of course I did not say that, but I think their videographer's work was just fair. With today's technology etc she should have been better than that. But if they love it, then I will love it too, as far as they know!

Warmer days coming up, near 80, which is about 9 degrees above our historical average. We are getting a true early Fall this year!

OK, off to frighten Walmart- hopefully I don't end up on that People of Walmart site! lolololol
  #374   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-18, 05:13

BF:

Nic....these pork chops are quite thick, so I'm going to braise them. I'll brown them in some olive oil and then add some beef broth and simmer for a good long while, turning occasionally. I'll be making gravy & mashed potatoes for DH, so like to have the yummy broth.

Sweatpants shopping......you go girl!
  #375   ^
Old Sun, Sep-30-18, 05:28

BF:

Jaz those pics you sent us were wonderful. Happy smiling family loved them!! I know you guys had a blast!

Lori, up stupid early huh. ME too. Hubby up at 4 so I was up til he left for the cabin at 5 and I went back to bed for 2 hrs...up at 7 now HAHA
Hubby did bow season many moons ago but realized how darn hard it is, have to be very stealthy and a good archer and he was fair and he gave it up. His bow and arrows are in the hunt room, omg those arrows are scary sharp! He left for first day of musket season. Rifle is later down the line. Boys love their hunting LOL
I know you are jacked for such a long time away and your trip coming up fast. I hope you can send a few pics to us when you can! I know you are going to have a blast also!

Nicco, and you are up stupid early also!! too funny.
My poor wedding video is toast. It was on a big VHS tape and that tape got rolled out somehow and maimed up and I was gonna transfer to CD but never did it. I lost my video darn it...oh well...but happy you kids got even a version tho, cause it is wild to go back years later and watch it
You are a busy beaver and have a lot happening around you now and off to Walmart SO early....girl you are becoming me. I say no shopping happens after 10 am HAHA I do it all super early as soon as I am up and in sweatpants, heck yea I do that

Blue don't you worry one bit. Your sale will go thru and things will move forward for you very fast and into your new home you will be

Crisp? we don't get crisp until like almost January LOL
Nov and Dec can swing cold or still be humid. That humid warm is around a long time, kinda like ya sweat out there, it isn't hot or cold, but humid. We get fall crisp and our short winter kinda together. It is like hot high heat and sun is our longest weather but problem is when the stupid rain takes over and it seems to screw those days a lot.
I know you get a more crisp fall. A true season. We don't get that kinda.

HI ALL
so going back to old diet meals.
cutting kcals.
going back to I know what works.

Hit scale this morning. BOO! Will hit scale next week. Let ya'll know if I lost anything, heck I gotta lose like 5 in water weight at least HAHA and then after that it will be work to lose these lbs again. but away I go

hubby gone off at 5 am to hunt cabin. 1 week he thinks he will be gone. but with no work at all, he can come and go or stay long or whatever. All good by me. Hunting season is his time I give him. Well, ya'll know it is time I give myself getting rid of him for a while LOL

quiet day. kid will lounge, she said school is taxing and on the weekends she is super tired....omg she does nothing ya know...omg give me a break but I do get that teens are tired all the time so I let her do whatever she wants, all good by me. Old enough to stay home for hours at a time if I decide to go off and hike or something. All good on that

off to get moving not doing too much around here today great day everyone
Closed Thread