Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#451   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 00:24

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good morning!

Slept in till 6:45 this morning. I was awake at 5 and just restless after that. I'm trying to catch DH'S cold and my sinuses are flaring. I gave DH most of the Advil cold and sinus pills, so not many left if I need them. Should have brought the whole bottle. Tomorrow is a day at sea, so I'll get extra rest. Hopefully I can avoid the worst of the sinus thing.

Today we're in Madeira. We're going sailing on a schooner. It is a replica of the Santa Maria. Should be fun. I'll send pictures if I can. I tried to send one yesterday afternoon but it just sat in the outbox and wouldn't send? Who knows?

More later!
Sponsored Links
  #452   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 04:37

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Lori- sorry you are getting the cold! Hopefully you are able to land your hands on some meds! Does the ship have a minute clinic? Or a "drug store"? I'm sure SOMEWHERE on that ship sits a bottle of sinus Advil!!!!! Loving your pictures. To be honest I am surprised that you have be within cell towers enough to get the pictures you have been able to be able out. You are half way across the world!!!!
Did you go to dinner last night?

NIC
- how are you doing this week! I found your story of poor little Sophie GAURDING her chews. Now that is funny. Does she have a STACK of them? They are such fur babies. Mine - devours any chew whole! She barely chews. She is STILL a hunter and chewer! After her morning meal- she goes on 'the hunt". At that point NOTHING is safe, socks (the best), shoes, shirts, fabric of any kind. Lately she has been going for papers, and tv remote. Then she will bring me her "hunt"- wag her tail for her "catch"- and sit for a treat. She is so disappointed when nothing is "found". She is becoming more creative to bring me "hunt"- so she can have a pebble. Too funny!

BLUE- I bet you are counting down the days. I loved the song NIC sent you yesterday. "If these walls could talk"- very beautiful. I bet your house would have the stories!!!!!! NICELY DONE NIC!- Blue- you are on the home stretch!!!! Literally!!!! Have you received your new couch yet? What about getting that new bed you have mentioned? I would splurge and have it delivered the day you move in- they will even set it up for you. Then SPLURGE on a KING size! Just love a KING bed. Whenever I travel I almost think it's suffering for a queen! HAHAHAHA- priorities. I know you have been on the fence about spending the money- but I swear- I thought I had some serious back issues. NOPE- it was the bed!
I am happy you are having help in the move! I sure hope you and the hubby celebrate with a NICE dinner out the day you close. Take a minute to relax in the mist of Chaos!!!! Get some awesome steak bites and a nice Merlot and just ENJOY the moment! It will be behind you and you deserve to catch your breath and move your mind to the future!

TRIG- I KNOW you are in 7th Heaven over having some quiet and peace!!!!!! I hope you are able to get some sleep!!! Hope long do you get your solutitude? What are you doing today?
How is the RV fix coming? Weren't you going somewhere in December?
Today is going to be cloudy and 80! I still have my AC on!!!!! It was SO warm here yesterday I kept my front door closed to keep the sun out.
Menu?
----------------------------------------------
I slept like a baby last night. I think I was feeling wonky from the flu shot. That being said I ENCOURAGE everyone to get a flu shot this year! There is evidence that this year is going to be a FLU rough year!!!! I would rather have one day I just laid around than a week in bed! Most places you can get the FLU shot for free!!!
My grocery was giving away 10.00 gift cards- and free shots!

Well as usual I am out of time!!!! Today is a full day. I looked at my schedule - wow- Death by meetings- today and tomorrow! Sighhhhhhh-
Taking a small salad in for snack with a handful of walnuts. Left over chicken and cali tonight- done! I am going to go back to the apple cider vinegar again. I was doing it for a while then sorta backed off. But I got charged up again that got me motivated again! It just is not the best taste in the world!

Have a great day
  #453   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 05:46

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Glad you liked the Amy Grant song. She was a big part of my high school years, along with Prince and Bruce Springsteen and Genesis etc!

We actually just have to take the rawhides away. It isn't worth it and my Bella doesn't seem to care. She does chew on Nylabones from time to time and Sophie doesn't care about those. Cute that your Bella brings you stuff - I thought you were going to say she chews them up. We have had a number of important papers chewed up through the years by dogs but none in recent history.

So sorry to hear the kiddos have croup but especially Ava. I know your daughter will keep a close eye on her. Ava is likely a prime candidate for RSV and they don't want to mess around with that!

Glad you are feeling better. I'm not a flu shot person myself, but I will get the shingles shot when I turn 50.

Lori- don't hesitate to go to the ship's doctor if you need to. I'm sorry you are feeling rough! Was DH able to go around and do stuff yesterday and today? Rest up some on your Day at Sea!

Trig- Hope you are doing okay!

Blue- Thinking of you this week and know you are busy and overwhelmed. Hugs.

••••••••••

Got DS16 off to school (he is doing SUCH a good job getting out on time each day. Proud Mom!) and now I'm chilling for a while before getting up and ready for MoW. I've got a list of to-do's for afterward- nothing huge just little errands that need to be done. Today the high is something like 53.

Music- been enjoying the "A Star is Born" soundtrack. Who knew Bradley Cooper was so talented as a singer? Wow!

Reading: A book for Netgalley, and the graphic novel "Fun House" - I'm going to see that as a musical in January.

That's about it from here.
  #454   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 05:58

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori is rocking her vacay quite the sightseer for sure. Hope ya'll don't get real sick, hope it all blows over fast for ya.

Jaz, yea I had AC off for 2 days then back on again! Hot here also. What good is hot without pool open tho HAHA
Menu today is bacon and eggs later and have a nice ribeye for tonight. Sorry you got a crappy day at work....boy I don't miss work one bit. Worked so hard when younger plus the farm, omg it is wonderful not working now LOL
Camper not back from service yet, soon tho, and yea we are doing Savannah on Dec. 26 for 4 days to just get away.

Nicco, you are lucky you got a kid getting out the door without gruff and troubles My kid was that for a bit then she lapsed into the I want every day off mode, and she is getting better but geez ya know...well we all know what it is like getting kids out the door to school! I gave my kid off today. She 'said' she had tummy troubles but she just wanted off, eh, why not LOL
She knows with her Dad off hunting for the week she can take advantage of me one day at least

was going off to mom's today but she wants to go tomorrow. she wants time on the couch with my brother gone to do nothing and relax...hey I get it
so my plans changed from going to moms, which is kinda convenient cause kiddo stayed home and I hate leaving her that long, so worked out good anyway.

today is work in soap room a bit and getting it ready for new carpet install down the road here in a bit.
clean a few things, hit grocery for a few things and like Nicco, kinda easy errands and kinda not kill myself in any way today....like I ever really do HAHA

nothing much more. everyone have a fab day
  #455   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 07:34

BF:

Hi again!

Feeling better... Think I'll be ok. DH is better too. Seems to be a short lived cold. DH still gets coughing fits, but doesn't feel bad. He has not missed any of our tours. We just got back from our schooner sail. It was fun. We sat for 10 minutes watching a pod of about 30 dolphins jumping and swimming around. They were spotted dolphins, which are smaller than the ones we're used to seeing on the US coast.

Off for some deck time now!
  #456   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 16:01

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Just want to note that it's not this week I listed the moving schedule for, but rather next week. This week however is just as cray cray in its own way. Can't begin to list the things to do and people to call, and the packing that never seems to end although I could swear there's hardly a thing left around accept for the furniture and the living room stuff. But there's always a drawer or a closet somewhere that pops up and isn't done.

On top of that, I have taken on two projects for the apartment. We have an old work bench, wood and hand made that is so cool. Top of it is a gorgeous, thick slab of old wood, distressed in all the right ways---from many years of use. I have sanded it down, and am treating it w/stain. Bottom is white and dingy, needs a re-paint, so I'm doing it in a sangria red.

It will be great in our Apt. kitchen as it is long and of counter depth. There is a "breakfast nook" space we won't ever use to eat in. So the newly refinished work bench will go there and give us tons more counter space. It also has some great storage in the bottom of it.

Then we have a large industrial shelf unit, tall w/5 deep shelves. We used it downstairs as our pantry. Thought to myself that will be great in the kitchen too and will hold all our dishes and glasses and bowls---the pretty stuff you don't mind having out, that adds color and fun. I like the industrial look of it, but decided the shelves all needed to be painted white to match the cupboards, how hard can that be, I said to myself.

OMG. Spent all day on it today out on our deck. Wind was blowing leaves into it, spilled some paint, stepped in it and tracked it on the deck, which I then had to clean and sand and oil everywhere it happened. 5 shelves 3 coats on top, 2 on the bottom and tomorrow I have to put the Matt protector finish on it.

I know. I'm out of my ever lovin' mind, but it would be impossible to do this all in the apartment and I think it's going to be great...eventually. Plus it saves us money on storage stuff, counter and table stuff.

But let me just say, I hate painting w/the heat of a nova star. I always look like a speckled bird when I'm done. My arms are aching and so are my hands from sanding the spilled paint out of the deck.

Will tackle the rest of the work bench tomorrow and Thursday, as well as more packing, although we really are towards the end of that. LOL, I keep saying that and there's always more!

Nic---Thanks for the GORGEOUS link to Amy. What a beautiful song, and I've thought so often lately about how "these walls" have witnessed so much. The people who lived here before us were here for 30 years too, so this house has cradled 2 families I know of for 60 years now, and given us a blessed spot on earth to be for so long.

Thanx to ALL MY PALS HERE, for your unending encouragement and support in these difficult months. It has meant so much to me.

Not so many personals today, but lots of love from me to you guys, and so much appreciation. XO

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Oct-16-18 at 17:03.
  #457   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-18, 04:38

BF:

Good morning!

A day at sea and the weather has turned to crap. Wind and rain and rough seas. No one can be outside, so the promenade inside is jammed. We are sitting in the theatre waiting to watch the 3rd installment of the Tower of London talks. Later DH is going to an information session with the captain and some of the other officers. They'll give a general talk about the ship and then take questions from the audience. I think I'll skip that and go have a drink instead!

Formal night again tonight and I have one more dress to wear. It's not really formal, but cute and comfy. Good enough!

The show tonight is a Beatles tribute band... Should be fun.

Take care everyone!
  #458   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-18, 04:57

BF:

Good Morning!

TRIG- You gave the kiddo off huh? She is a A student though right? I think sometimes the "smart" kids get bored. I really do. I HATED high school. So I get it. I had a real truancy issue!!!!! Good for you to support your kiddo.
Are you enjoying yourself? So you are going to mom's today?
BRACE for it- the temp is going to crash in the next 24 hours!!!! Our temp today is only 70. Far from 80/90- supposed to be 60's all next week.
Do you put pork in the slow cooker much? Ah yes Savannah!!!! You stay in the POOLER area don't you? Isn't there a state park there. Do you hit up Folly beach while you are there? Ever been to Paula Deans place? There is NOTHING LC on her menu at all! I went one- looked at her menu and LEFT.
However her uncle had a restaurant called BUBBA's- they had great seafood before her "issues"- and it closed.
I know you like to cook on the RV- that is the way to roll!!!!

Blue- I know you are moving next week you laid it out very well day by day! But I am still thinking about your move as it is the center of your world right now. Are you still working too right now???
I can't wait for you to land!!!!!! At least you know where you are going to be! That will be exciting!

NIC- Have you seen A Star is Born? I just Love Bradley Cooper! I think he as as cute as can be!!!!!!! Are you still doing the Movie pass thing? I heard that "They'- are taking a huge loss with that movie pass gig.
I am not a huge movie goer. I usually wait until it hits Redbox. although I will say I want to see the Nut Cracker - revised- it comes out Nov. 2. It looks like a great movie! I just love those movies.

I was happy to read you are still doing MOW. Are you doing the same route? don't you just love those you visit?! When I was in Ohio- we had a guy that lived in his car in his driveway. When we visited him we would see his PILE of MOW - in the back seat. That was something. At least we knew he was eating. Yes he really did live in his car. He actually hoardered himself out of his house. His neighbors would check on him. His car was non- running- so it was his other "room". I bet you see some real sad stories too!
On a positive- what did DS16 think of his college tour? ~ hours is a great time from you. Long enough they don't drop in- but fast enough to get there quick you need it!

So are you and the hubby thinking about life as empty nesters?
It really is a great time in life- you get to watch your kids bloom. AND you are young enough to do whatever you want!!!!!!! Seriously fun!
-----------------------------------------
Ok gotta run- Death by meeting today and tomorrow. Tomorrow is an off site statewide meeting.
Guess I didn't win the lotto- so off I go to serve the man. I need a actual date Cruella is leaving so I can do the calendar mark down. I believe it or not brought her a potted beautiful plant yesterday and a cute card that said- hope you have a bright day.
It was Bosses day and I felt guilty because my staff really did go all out for me.
But no- instead behind closed doors she told me I needed to be more professional and stop talking about her! Yes I talk about her here but NEVER at work. I told her I was not talking about her. She said I needed to .......... I tuned her out about then- it just went on and on. Her anger is more than I can take. I need the DATE. She is bitter and angry. She is a living Vampire. - Speaking of, need to go!

I am on plan. Really loving the OMAD LCHF plan! I you tubed the OMAD lifestyle- it really PUMPED me up! I am not the only one!!!!

Jaz
  #459   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-18, 06:11

BF:

Blue ya had me cracking up. The minute I say, 'how hard can that be?' then I know I am in for a tough project HAHA
You are SO there in your big change and yet you are still so far away. Chillax a bit. Literally. Get to that closing and then worry/start/have fun with the new lifestyle and design and more LOL Then ya have time. Now you are slammed on just getting out of the home. Time WILL be on your side again sooner than later. You guys sound SO busy it scares the begeezus out of me. I have 2 barns, 2 carports and slap full garage to unload and I only got 5 yrs. Sounds long right, nope, time is ticking away like crazy to get our farm crap handled HAHA ugh. we are chipping SO slow away at all that it drives me batty but in the end, I will call someone to take it ALL away so I got a back up plan

Jaz I don't know the Pooler area? We are staying at Red Gate Farm. Big farm just like 5 miles from the city center. 200 acres for a campground, family kept 200 acres to live on. Paying like $49 a night. Horse trail rides are offered, you know I am doing it. 1 hr is $65. No problem, I am there LOL My butt needs a saddle since I haven't ridden in a long time now. Not doing Paula etc. Just doing walk in eating somewhere and whatever pops up in the city while we are there, yes the rv has a full kitchen so will be bringing usual food but will eat out when it hits us. Beauty of rv full kitchen is we don't have to do anything about eating, we got it covered. No forced eating out, only when it hits us we want to.

Lori's schooner is so cool. Our windjammer was way bigger cause it was a stay on vacay boat when my friend and I hit Puerto Rico. Ugh. Tight quarters for sure and 10 days of hard hard parties on that boat with fab snorkeling and more. Ahh, memories

nothing much today
to moms for shopping
kid to school with no problems
weather stinks!
hubby almost got a nice deer but lost the shot when he bolted for some reason...he was ticked.
How in the heck can someone sit in a blind for hrs and hrs and hrs and wait for a shot and a deer to walk in? This hyper chick would go insane doing that but he loves it LOL

beef broth and ribeye today. grilled shrimp with that steak. keeping it simple.

great day all
  #460   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-18, 00:44

BF:

Good morning!

Ship is rocking and rolling this morning. It doesn't bother me, it just makes walking around a challenge.

Today we get into our last port in Spain about 11AM. We're doing a walking tour around the old town. Another day at sea tomorrow and then Saturday morning we'll be back in England. We have a tour of Windsor and then we'll be dropped at the airport. It will be a flurry to get checked in and thru security in time for our 4PM flight. We will get into Baltimore about 7PM. To us it will be midnight. We're not sure if we'll drive the 3 hours home or get a hotel for the night. It depends on how tired we are.

Off we go. Have good days.
  #461   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-18, 04:41

BF:

Lori- So the flight from England to the US is only 3 hours? Really? Yes I bet your internal time clock will be messed up for a good few days!!!!!!
What a wonderful time though you have had. From the quaint cottage from the start to even a rain forest - with no rain! - What an adventure! I have loved your pictures!

TRIG- You on a boat - partying for 10 days in the open sea and sun- YUP!!!!! SURE CAN SEE THAT! Sea, sun , sand, you are all over it.
Glad your doing your thing and getting some time.
I like you can't fathom sitting for hours in a tree to take 1 shot! I would be a terrible hunter.
Although I have been thinking I would like to find a range around here and have some fun. I would like another firearm myself but not sure what I want. I have a rifle and several hand firearms. I heard that there is a new lightweight 9mm that is specifically made for women. I would like to check that out. I have VERY small hands and that has been an issue- as you need to get something that "fits".
I know you will love Savannah. It is a great place to VISIT- not live. Sorta like Charleston- Awesome place to VISIT. You ever go out west?

NIC- Hey there! I hope you are enjoying your quiet week! So have you gotten your new assignment yet for CASA?

BLUE-
agree with what TRIG said! BREATHE JUST BREATHE!!!!!!! I know you know that song. Put it in your head! Sorta like WALK AWAY RENEE. It's funny I said that out loud yesterday. So one of the gals I work with is trying SO hard to lose weight. She however jumps on EVERY new diet- and falls off and gains back and then some. So yesterday we were walking down the hall way and there was a big box FULL of SNACKS- that said FREE. We are packing up the office to move. So it was from that. She heads straight over there and I said- "hey what are you doin? She said HEY_ FREE SNACKS!!!!! I said WALK AWAY RENEE! - She said WHATTTTT?????? I said you know the song??!?!?!?- Never heard of it. KIDS!!!!
HAHA-
Anyway- I know you are in the thick of it- but enjoy the journey as well!
-------------------------------------
Last of the all day meeting today. Yesterday I was sucked into all day meeting as well. TRIG- It would push you to the LEDGE!!!!! - I am almost there! There is a reason the glass windows are shatterproof!!!!! HAHAHAHA-

Then Friday- will be a VERY quiet day. Half the staff will be working from home and the boss is off Friday and Monday. NICE!

I am really enjoying my new class. It's an Ethics class. So interesting to read! -
I need to go to the store and pick something up for dinner. I am thinking crack slaw!!!!! Been a minute since I have had that!!!! It just sounds good.

OK all!!!! Have a good one- SUNSHINE ad 70- beautiful fall day
  #462   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-18, 05:17

BF:

Lori, oh boy you have quite the schedule and Jaz is right. when you get home you will be messed up for at least a week of tired LOL but well worth it!

Jaz, oh yea meetings now, I would be a postal employee, you would have to watch out for me in a cubby hole for hrs and days on end, my mind would break now HAHA
Not a gun fan, never was. Kiddo was firing for a while but decided she wasn't a fan either, but in zombie apocalypse I could shoot and kill easily. Cool you are into gun ranges. It is a good outdoor activity and great place to meet men ya know ---wink---

do nothing day except hit grocery. kid said there is NOTHING in this house to eat. I say what do you want. She says buy 1 of everything in the store HAHA omg tho...same junk on the same shelves. I don't even want to buy it and haven't and now the house has no food HAHA ugh
So I will buy 3-4-5 crazy things for her I haven't bought in a while and that will hold her.

off to get moving and get the few things done I gotta get done
weather chilly...brrr...a few days of colder they said and hopefully back up to nice and hot

great day all
  #463   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-18, 07:29

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- well you are keeping yourself busy this week with creative projects, aren't you? Your plans for what you are painting and doing sound like they will be perfect in the new place. And this is a way to bond with the new apartment and make it your own. I'm sorry about the paint spillage though. That stinks!!

Glad you liked the song.

Lori- So what are your overall impressions of the cruise? Have you enjoyed it? Was it worth it? I bet the Beatles Tribute band was wonderful!

Your last few days sound wonderful. I love 'Old Towns' but especially is Europe where they really ARE old! And I would love to see Windsor!! Lucky you!

Jaz- A Star is Born was great! Well, the first half was great. The second half not so much, but that's the storyline. LOVE the music, particularly Bradley Cooper's stuff, and have been listening to the soundtrack on Spotify.

I dropped MoviePass when they quit living up to their end of the deal and now I am doing AMC Stubs A-List. So far so good on that!

UGH on your long meetings but at least after today you will be done. I would be miserable! And then Friday and Monday without your boss around will be great and soon she will be gone for good!

Glad you are enjoying your Ethics class. I took one in college and loved it, and DS16 is taking an Ethics class in HS right now and says it is his favorite class.

Trig- Sorry the Chop missed out on the deer opportunity. Like you, I cannot imagine just sitting there, hanging out and waiting for a deer. They can't even talk, right? I assume that would just scare the wildlife away if they did.

***WHEW*** I accidentally hit the wrong button and nearly lost my post! But then I hit the forward button on the browser and it came back. YAY!!***

Trig, my DS does the same thing from time to time, gets low on snacks and requests some. I usually try to hit up Aldi for that bc they are so stinking inexpensive and also 'cleaner' with no preservatives, artificial colors etc. I'm still buying him crap but somewhat less crappier crap. lol But more than anything, just CHEAPER by a good margin.

••••••••••••

Things are fine here. I'm going to the CASA office at 11 to get my assignment and then I can get started with that. Afterward I'm going to a local butcher- they have some new stuff in that is locally made that I want to try- chili cheese dogs and brisket dogs. Both completely clean ingredients and handmade. I figure I'll leave a few out for DH and I and then freeze some. Did I tell you guys he has gone LC too? I think I did. He is down about 7 pounds and is about two weeks in.

Yesterday was crazy busy with having to be at DS16's school by 7:45 to prep and set up teacher brunch for 40+ people. Then DS's XC meet, and having to prep dinner in between so I could have it ready to cook when we got back. A family favorite has become fried pork tenderloin-- I cut it somewhat thin and then pound it thinner. Dip it in an egg wash and then coat in a mixture of ground pork rinds, grated raw parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and hot Hungarian paprika. I press that on really well then put them in the fridge and leave it to set. Later on I fry them up in some bacon fat. These things are SO DAMN GOOD. I mean, crazy good, LC or not. I eat mine with lemon juice (as does DS) while DH uses wing sauce on his. And this is SO LC.

I pulled out a steak for later on today and also pulled out five chicken thighs that I will season (most of them with five spice powder) under the skin and bake to keep in the fridge. Dh works late tonight so I will likely eat a Linner around 3ish and be more or less finished for the day. Today is day four of being on plan for me.

Tomorrow I am doing kid care for the 8 month old (emergency/sick care) for a half day. Wasn't my plan (obviously) but at between 15-20 bucks per hour, I will work it in!

Still have a mild cough from this cold- more of an annoyance than anything else.

DD texted me last night that she got all the pictures from the wedding! I am guessing she will come over this weekend so we can take a look at them. Yay!

Cold here- woke up to 45 degrees with a high in the low to mid 50s. This morning was the first day I ran the space heater for a bit in the kitchen while I was waiting for DS to come down.
  #464   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-18, 09:45

BF:

Jaz.... No, the flight is about 8 hours. You have to factor in the time difference. When we leave at 4PM here, it will be 11AM on the east coast.

The Beatles band was so, so good last night. I almost wanted to go to the 2ND show at 10:30PM. So fun!

We are just back on board after a good tour. We left at 11AM and didn't return until 4. We walked probably 5 miles with lots of steps and inclines. We also had a stop for tapas and wine.

DH has stretched out on the bed and having a nap. We'll go for dinner a bit later.

Tomorrow we'll be at sea and we're going to go see the musical production of Grease in the ship's theatre. They're doing it tonight too, but we decided to go tomorrow when there is not much to do. It is too cold for deck time now that we are further north. Tomorrow evening I have to pack our luggage and have it outside our stateroom by 11PM. You keep your carry on bag with you with essentials that you'll need on debarkation day.

Early Saturday morning we'll be off ship by 7AM and on our way to tour Windsor and then to the airport.

I'm going to try to enjoy tomorrow before the whirlwind day on Saturday.

Later!
  #465   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-18, 04:54

BF:

Happy Friday!Payday Friday as well!!!!!! Yes this worker bee works for her PAYDAYS and WEEKENDS! - I am the only 8-5 person on here!!!!!! Jealous! I, like TRIG am not a cube farm kinda gal. I really am not. It will be better come Jan when I can work from home!!!! Even that I will be tied to my computer, but it is better than a gray cube.
I don't know what my job will even look like in Jan. I am assured that I have a job- but have yet to see that in writing.
Did I tell you all (I am almost sure I did)- that come Jan. Our department is being split up and divided and absorbed throughout the company. But there is not a spot for everyone. We are losing half of the field nurses. They don't know it yet. So they are also saying they don't need 3 managers- so one of us is going to lose our jobs too.
I keep being reassured that I have a job- but I don't see it on the flow chart, nor have I seen anything in writing. I have reached out to the new boss- and have not heard anything back. Maybe I should be nervous. I am to frekin busy right now to be nervous. Maybe I am being naive I don't know. These business realignments - people can easily lose work. It happens all the time. I guess I should spend some time today looking for something else within the company. They are paying for school, so I need to stay in the same umbrella.
BLUE went through this too!!!!!!!

I went on my tangent this morning!
NIC- So your DS16 is taking an Ethics class too huh? What types of subjects does he talk about? I really am liking the class. Wish they were all as interesting!
Isn't that just something that your DH can just DESIDE to go LC and just drop weight like that?!?!?!?!?- So frustrating for women. Men DO lose it faster!!!!!
Your fried pork sounds amazing! Do you buy them as a slice? I have always seen it as a log.

I can't believe I am outta time- back on in a few!
Beautiful-SUN SHINE and 70 again!
Closed Thread