Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 10:28

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default Post Your Smoke Free Stats

OK everyone, I'm looking for some reinforcement here! Here are my stats:

12 days, 11 hours, 26 minutes and 41 seconds smoke free. 480 cigarettes not smoked.
$48.00 and 3 days, 16 hours of your life saved!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 13:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Stats: Been a non-smoker for 8 months, 4 days, 3 hours, 13 minutes. I'm not even sure how much money it's saved, but can say how much heathier I am and how much better I feel!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 07:12

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%
Thumbs up

Smoke free since June 2000.

Hrm what do cigs sale for now? When I stopped they were 2.75 a pack....at 2 packs a day....$2,007 a year .... holy moly!

Glad I quit.....
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 17:55

BF:

New, up to the minute stats:
14 days, 18 hours, 53 minutes and 55 seconds smoke free. 560 cigarettes not smoked.
$56.00 and 4 days, 6 hours of your life saved!

When does this get easier??
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 12:41

Plan: Atkins mostly
Stats: 243/231/200
BF:
Progress: 28%

I haven't smoked in 396 days. I smoked heavily for 12 years and I don't miss it one bit. I used the patch and Zyban (drug).

I save $110 each month by not smoking, but now I'm spending all that money for the pricier "extra lean" foods and cooking paraphenalia to support my new low-carb lifestyle.

Keep it up. Remember...after the first week or two, it's all mental.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 17:20

BF:

Thanks Brian!
Mental or not, I am definately still missing it. But, the new updated stats are:

19 days, 18 hours, 17 minutes and 8 seconds smoke free. 760 cigarettes not smoked.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 13:50

Plan: Atkins/person plan
Stats: 298/275/240 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 40%

I am happy to say that I have been smoke free for 11 days and it feels great. This is about the 4th time I have tried and I am positive this time it will work. I am using the patch and don't seem to have the cravings as bad. Everytime I want a smoke I reach for my water bottle! I have also found sunflower seeds to be helpful for those times when I want to munch...at least they a low carb. I also always have a pack of Dentyne Ice...as it's one gum that is carb friendly.

Good luck to all of you who are trying to quit......better health to us all.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 17:11

BF:
Default Day 24

happy2lose - you are doing great. You sound so positive about the whole experience!
As of today, my stats are:
23 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes and 20 seconds smoke free. 920 cigarettes not smoked.
I am not having an easy time of it, but still hanging on.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 21:57
Registered Member

Stats: 186/172/160
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Smoke Free

I quit almost exactly 4 months ago. It does get easier. You're almost past the very worst. I can go a couple of days without even thinking about smoking now, and when I do think about it it's only in casual passing. I was the last person you could imaging quitting. So if I could do it, anyone can.
Whatever you do, DO NOT PICK UP ANOTHER CIGGARETTE!!!
Just think about suffering these past couple of weeks all over again just because you were curious to see how it would seem to smoke again. In my case, I know that one cigarette would be equivalent to being a full fledged smoker.
Once, about a month into quitting I had my shoes on to go to the gas station and buy cigs., thank god my husband had the smarts to ask me to wait 20 minutes and if I still wanted a cigarette, he would go buy it.
As he suspected the desire passed and I've never looked back. Good luck to you, hang in there.....
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-23-02, 08:52

BF:
Default 1 month, 2 days

Thanks Phonemarsh! I think I need to put myself on a deserted island for a month or so. I don't seem to have a problem with going out to get cigarettes, my problem is that 90% of my friends smoke and I find it way too easy to ask them for a cigarette. Probably, if I averaged it out, I smoked 95% less in the past month, now for that last 5%.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 12:57

Plan: Atkins/person plan
Stats: 298/275/240 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Talking Thanks for the support!

Thanks for the support and kind words....I have now been smoke free for 25 wonderful days! The cravings are less and less and I find that I rarely think about smoking anymore. I love going into stores now and looking at the packs of smokes and knowing that they no longer call my name....I find it amazing now when I walk past people still smoking I am so thankful it's not me anymore.
Keep strong and just remember how much better your feel without them...food tastes better and the air smells much more fragrant!

Keep up the great work!!!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 13:33
Registered Member

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 185/180/144 Female 5'8"
BF:44/44/20
Progress: 12%

Hello all you great QUITTERS AND LOSERS!

I'll add my stats -- as they are the reason for having to lose the extra weight. (1Y, 1M, 3W, 3D etc.) No, if I were truthful, my choices of what junk to put into my mouth are the reason for having to lose the extra weight. Smokers are notoriously bad eaters, and I was/am one of the worst! Two things: 1. IT DOES GET BETTER, just take it one step at a time (just keep repeating, "at this moment in time, I do not choose to smoke" repeat: repeat: repeat etc.) and 2. If you're needing/wanting additional help, go to Whyquit.com -- excellent information!
It looks to me as if you are doing very well!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 14:23

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Nice going Gillian

All of you are doing great! Keep it up.

I am getting close to my 2 year date and to be honest I never think about it anymore
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 16:22

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Thumbs up Sorry ... but ..

I'm feeling kinda smug about this but I've been smoke free all my life. That's not to say I don't have any vices but I am thankful that I was just never tempted to smoke.

That's not to say it's been easy. Twenty years ago it was such a chic thing to do here that you simply were not part of the "In Crowd" if you didn't smoke.

The smoke used to make me sneeze, my eyes water and I felt sick within minutes of being in a roomful of smokers. At work I learnt not to complain about it - in those days employers listened to the majority.

Things have turned around slowly and a lot more places are smoke free zones. I'm counting my blessings.
Take care.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 03:27
Registered Member

Stats: 109/93/75 Female 165 cm
BF:36.3/33.1/20
Progress: 47%
Default 17 days

17 Days ( I think) Im trying not to think about it.

Ive saved probley close to 200 dollars, dear husband has quit with me and his favourite saying is ' I quit smoking I can afford to.....' Its driving me batty. Im now replying 'yes dear but we cant afford everything'

Second time I have given up and it better be the last, I gain far two much weight, I am however watching it this time.

Finding it hard to find non-smoking friends, most of my friends and family smoke, they dont relise it, but they stink and there houses stink, he he he dont I sound real smart.

Yep Im going to be the worst reformed smoker there ever was.

I have one little complaint: my boys (aged 4 and 6) havent even relised that we dont smoke anymore, well I dont think they have anyway.

Keep up the good work, Regards Joanne