Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-05, 10:14

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Karen - super duper news!

Momto4boys - I'm in the same boat with TOM. Now I know why I had a runaway appetite. I'm up a lb, but will not record it now, because I think it's just this TOM water weight thing....

Have a nice day everyone.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-05, 11:32

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Karen, Great news. You have worked so hard for this and it is paying off. I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work.

Sue & Momto4boys. I know TOM can be so frustrating at times, but you know the weight gain is just temporary and will leave and will also take a lb or 2 with it. I don't worry about TOM anymore as he does not come to visit. but I have all the other issues of menopause to deal with. Not too sure which is worse.

I did really good on our trip to Missoula. I did take some CM food to eat along the way and it worked out really well. When we got home I had a normal RM, it was a little shy on balancing, but that is OK. I didn't drink the water like I should have. Not too many places to stop, so I didn't want to chance it. I haven't walked in a couple of days on my treadmill, but I will do that tonight.

I hope everyone has a great week-end.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-05, 13:34

BF:

Thanks, Diane, for your kind words re that stupid TOM. I hear you about the menopause - eek. Mine is just around the corner, as the signs are all there.

Good for you on the trip to Missoula. Yay!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-05, 15:22
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Taking a break, and got on line! yay! Have no plans for the weekend other than going out to dinner with friends. My friend is a very picky and assertive diner, so it is always fun to be the "easy" one when I'm out with her.
The weather is supposed to be good, and I am looking forward to spending some time outside.
Having mexican tonight: meat chili, beans, salsa, quesadillas, salad and brussel sprouts. I'd rather have my mexican at home, where I know what is in it!
Hope everyone has a great weekend-
E
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-05, 18:36

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

WTG Karen. The lowest in two years! What an accomplishment.

Eno.. good idea on keeping your mexican food at thome. I love it at home, at restaurants, at friend's homes.. anywhere I can get it. That is why I get into trouble.

Sue and Momof4 Boys.. Wishing a huge whoosh when TOM leaves. I feel if I am really strict during that time..it usually takes some weight with it. I read an article that said because of the hormones present, the best time to exercise all month is at the end of your TOM.

Hugs as always to Diane, Tracy, and Zule.

Have a great weekend everyone, Kandi
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 09:11

BF:

Thanks, Kandi! What a good idea. Really be good before and during TOM and maybe there will be a woosh. I do find sometimes that my appetite starts roaring, but if I can just curb that, then I'll see loss at the end of it all instead of a gain as I sometimes do. Oh dear. Anyway, good news is that pound is off again today. Just hoping it stays away now.

Have a great weekend all.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 09:13

BF:

P.S. Exercise is optimal right after TOM I really did not know that - thanks for the great tip, Kandi!

Enomarb - your dinner sounds
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-05, 15:06

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Looking forward to reporting some loss next week!
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Feb-07-05, 17:56
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Just had a terrific RM, and just wanted to post my "discovery" about frozen vegies. I love roasted vegies, but the frozen ones always just have instructions for micro and boil. I took a bag of frozen brussel sprouts- no sauce- and put them in a baking pan in a 325 degree oven for an hour- and they were terrific. Drizzled a bit of olive oil, mixed them up a bit and tossed them once while baking- excellent.New way to cook the frozen stuff.
The rest of my menu was salad, chicken breasts cooked in the oven, quinoa and an almond cookie.
E
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 13:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/137/150 Male 6 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

hey, fell into my addiction trap yesterday... here's the scenario. I had a really small amount of food throughout the day like a sandwich for lunch and then a small salad for dinner. I had taken a 5 mile run that morning and allow myself a low-carb sweet after runs (3X) a week. It has never really been a problem limiting myself to one item but yesterday it was... so after the less than filling dinner i waited till round 9:30 by that time my total carb intake was 7. So i had a pack of cookies bringing it up to 10. then i was still hungry so i decided i'd have a bfast bar (0) carbs, after that i was still hungry and decided to have a little ice cream, well b4 i knew it i had 3 servings of icecream (9 carbs) and felt like hell. i seem to have a problem w/ surving size so i decided to throw the remaining ice cream away because its hard to stop when servings arent already measured out. So here's my question, i remained under 20 for the day and was wondering if this is going to have a great effect on my metabolism and weight loss, i hardly ever do this kinda thing and wont be buying ice cream again.
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 13:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

besoge, this is the CAD forum, you must of posted in the wrong spot. Just thought I would give you a heads up.