Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 08:28

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

way2goal that sounds like a good plan. You are better than I am. I would just eat my CMs like normal and plan one hour at the party for my RM. I did this a few mths ago over a friend's house that was just doing "dessert", she did have fruits, so I chose mostly fruits and a slice of pound cake and that was my RM for the day, unbalanced but I didn't have to turn down the desserts No one even knew I was on a different way of eating.

Sparkles- Welcome! Having a plan is good I usually don't eat anything after my RM, I usually try to time that for about 6pm. If I want anything after that time frame I just grab a glass of water
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 08:44

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Sparkles,

Way2goal gave you some good tips. You probably are not eating enough at your RM. Try to balance it as much as possible. Sometimes if you eat a load of carbs and not enough protein, you could be hungry for the rest of the night. I agree too, start your RM off with a big salad. You would be amazed how this feels you up. Drink plenty of water also. If worse comes to worse and you are still hungry later on, have a snack, but make it CM friendly. No Carbs.

Good luck.. Let us know how you are doing..
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 09:47

BF:

BTW Karen, I am still laughing.. I guess I should not laugh too hard, it sort of sounds like me..
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 08:26

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 185/184/150 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 3%

Ok..it's the end of the week; how did everyone do? I did well with no cheats!

I'll see how the weekend goes. GOOD luck!
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 08:50

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

No cheats, no reason to cheat I've been good.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 17:02

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

I have been rather down. I didn't cheat...yesterday I wanted to so bad but I didn't. have been on plan today too...no cheats. The depressing part is my weight is up even though it isn't TOM. I am trying to get my water in and such...just not really sure why the scale hasn't shown anything but increases.

And ESPECIALLY after all that exercise I did!!!

I have a cold now but I am still going to do some exercise...that is really the only part of my plan that is lacking.

I am so sad.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 19:08

BF:

I had a good day on plan. No cheats at all. I am not even wanting to cheat. My RM could be a little better balanced, but with all the goodies that are starting to appear at our house, I am just thankful that I can stay on plan at all. I will worry about balance later. I am so proud of myself this year. Normally by now, I am totally off plan. I think I can really do it this year.

Karen, Sounds to me like you are gaining muscle from exercising. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat. You are fine tuning your body now. Don't worry about it. It might be awhile before you see the scale move again, but I bet you will start to lose inches and your clothes size will start to get smaller. Hang in there, I am sure this is the problem.

Sounds like everyone else is doing great.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-04, 14:52

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%
Talking

I was actually kidding about the exercise! Esp. since I have only done that 10mintues on the bike...That is 10min for the week!

But thanks for the support anyway! I am not sure what the problem is but I will keep trying! I am doing GREAT with the water the last few days!!! Time will tell if that will help..it won't hurt!!
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Dec-25-04, 08:42

Plan: cad
Stats: 256/256/200 Female 5' 3"
BF:51%/51%/?
Progress: 0%

Hi I know its near the end of your challenge but can I tag on ?
I started my own 2 week challenge of restarting cad around the same time and am really doing well.I was just diagnosed with diabetes so really need to lose the weight.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Dec-25-04, 09:11

BF:

Hi Lusana,

Of course you can join. It is never too late. It sounds like you are not a stranger to CAD. How long ago were you on it and how did you do? Sorry to hear about the diabetes. My DH is diabetic, so I know the fears that you are having..

Sounds like you are off to a great start. Keep posting and join our weekly suppor thread too. One of us will start it probably on Monday morning.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Dec-26-04, 18:38

Plan: cad
Stats: 256/256/200 Female 5' 3"
BF:51%/51%/?
Progress: 0%

Well I have managed to be cheat free all weekend actually its 10 days now and I have lost 4.5 lbs so I am really happy.I am hoping this woe will help me control the blood sugar so I can delay any medication for as long as possible.I am also trying to be sugar free which is actually easier than I thought-for now anyway!!!