Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 14:40
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 188/187.5/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

I was just wondering that at the end of the day we can post what we ate for our meals? I'd be really interested in seeing what everyone is eating and being alerted if certain foods are not being chosen properly. Just a thought.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 14:53

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Wow, there's quite a little group forming here

All4Morgan-I often finish my RM's in about 20 minutes, but am so stuffed that I do not feel the urge to eat more. The only time I've come close to my limit is eating out at restaurants.

Here is what I ate today:

CM1: 2 eggs, 1/2 t. butter, 3 chicken links, 1 oz mozzarella
CM2: 7 oz chicken, 1.5 T. mayo, 1/2 cucumber
RM: 2 large Trader Joe's chicken sausages, 2/3 c. cottage cheese, 1 small apple w/ 2 t. peanut butter, 1 small tomato, 1 c. zucchini sauteed in 1/2 t. butter, 8 strawberries, 24 pistachios

My RM's tend to include a taste of a ton of different foods. The calories of my dinner was around 700 and the carbs around 50, although I know we aren't supposed to count. I am stuffed! Does anyone else find that you need to eat your RM's early? I just feel like eating my dinner now no later than 5, and can be completely fine until the next morning. Today and yesterday I didn't have any grains during my RM, but usually I will have some whole grain bread, pasta, pitas, just a bit.

Have a good night!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 15:37
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hello!
Posting late today, as I just got back from work.

In the beginning it was hard balancing, and I also found myself eating extra sweets just to have them. Then, it was easy to avoid all sweets and keep them as a treat for once or twice a week.
For me the milk only in RM wasn't a problem, but no AS is still really hard. I don't use any of the LC recipes that call for AS, and do limit myself to one AS drink/day. I know the Hellers really want us to stop all AS (CAHHP), but I'm not there yet.

Breakfast:2 eggs,2 slices turkey bacon
Lunch: salad w/ chicken
Dinner: (on the stove now)shredded chicken cooked with pesto and sundried tomatoes, pasta,sauteed cabbage, salad and cherries.

See you-
E
  #19   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 17:03
Registered Member

Stats: 188/187.5/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

Well, it looks like I am the only one cramming in dessert at my RM

CM: 2 scrambled eggs (1/2tpbutter, 2TB 1%milk) 2 turkey bacon.
RM: really awful tasting "pizza bites" made by Morningstar. I was so bummed that my 1 meal of the day was gross. Cookies and milk.
CM:Salad with tuna and blue cheese dressing.

Do your CM's have to be eaten in a certain time frame???
  #20   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 17:09

Plan: low- to medium-carb
Stats: 114/105/105 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile Two sample days for me...

Hi, all!

As I mentioned, I'm on CALP within a PP structure. I tend to have an "RM"-type meal for lunch (except for the salad, which is a CAD staple for RM), and I finish it within one hour; I have two CM-type meals as well, but I also count ECC carbs ("net") and stay within 20-30 grams ECC carbs/day (a Protein Power thing). I'm sure that I do not eat as many CM veggies as CAD advises (or as I should), but on the whole I believe I'm staying within prudent guidelines for both PP and CAD, particularly with respect to the latter (to avoid an insulin spike at the two CM-type meals). Here are two days' worth of meals:

Saturday:

b'fast: 1 hard-boiled egg
lunch: 1 oz tofu mozzarella and 4 slices tofu pastrami on 1/4 Atkins bagel; 1 bran cracker with puree of 1 tablespoon peanut butter and tofu light slice; 1 tablespoon cottage cheese + 2 hard-boiled egg whites; 1 leCarb ice cream bar; 1/2 cup keto milk + 1/2 cup soy milk blended with instant coffee granules,stevia, and ice cubes.
dinner: 4 medium stalks celery; 1 tablespoon mayo; 8 oz boneless roast chicken breast.

Sunday:

breakfast: 4 oz grilled ground chicken.
lunch: 4 slices tofu pastrami + 1 oz tofu mozzarella; 1 bran cracker with 1 tablespoon cashew butter; 1 oz light cream cheese; 2 leCarb bars with 1 oz melted unsweetened chocolate; 1 cup soy milk with coffee granules + stevia + ice cubes.
dinner: 2 cups lettuce + 1/2 cup cucumber with 1 hard-boiled egg; 1 grilled turkey burger; 2 chicken livers + 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.

CAD/CALPers don't need to count calories, but I do--and use fitday to help me keep track. I'm not going to list specifics here--don't want to distract from the main thrust of CAD--but anyone interested in things like calories, carb totals or protein grams is welcome to access my fitday specs or check my journal!

BEst, Sona

Last edited by Sona : Tue, May-25-04 at 17:17.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 19:01

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Wow, I was surprised when I got home from work and saw so many people had posted in this thread. I am sure there will be more joining us as we go along. I think this is great.

I have been trying not to have processed sugar for my RM. I am doing a little experiment. I did break down and had some vanilla Oreo cookies last night with my RM. I could not resist them since I had never eaten them before. I was worried about craving dessert tonight at my RM, but I did just fine. I just had my fruit and was content.

Today's menu
Breakfast
Scrambled eggs with saute chicken breast

Lunch
salad with Salmon V & O dressing and a dolop of mayo

Dinner RM
salad with Ranch Dressing
pork chop
cauliflower
sm portion of mashed potatoes
dab of gravy
cantalope
coffee with cream

all4morgan. You asked if your CM's need to be eaten in a certain time frame? I never read anything in the book, but I have heard some say 20 minutes and others say 30 minutes. I don't know which is correct. Not too sure if anyone really knows the answer to this. I just eat at a normal pace.

Have a great eveing everyone.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 20:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Just posting my menu:

Coffee with Cream

CM: salad (3 slices of turkey, romaine, radishes, jal., ranch)

Another Coffee with Cream (I know I know)

RM:Salad
Fried Chicken, thigh and wing
mushrooms
almonds
1 pizza roll
piece of pie
  #23   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 23:32

Stats: 110/110/100 Female 158cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

thank you for your replies guys.. im so touched!! It sure beats posting on the journal cos it makes me feel like im talking to the wall.

Regarding my problem; i keep my RM within one hour.. in fact, i eat so fast that i usually finish within half an hour!! the worst part is, i'll go around looking for something to munch on for that half an hour cos i dont want to "waste" it, even thou im full..

and if i lose any weight, i'll tell myself "since ive lost weight, it wouldnt do me any harm to have just one small biscuit"..then this one biscuit will become 2 and 3..then what the heck!!! full throttle..cramming everything i can lay my hands on.. all this happens after RM, so you can imagine the amount of food i take in a day..

ive switched my RM to lunch.. at least if i feel like eating some more, ive still got a CM to go before bed-time.. not so bad..

how are you guys doing?

Btw, its 2pm afternoon at my end.. guess all of you are still in bed..

My sample menu Wednesday
-----------------------------------
CM B/F: Coffee with milk
RM Lunch:Sir-fried chicken with carrot shreds, deep-fried mackerel, plain rice, 3 cashew nut cookies, a chocolate waffle and a sip of creamy chicken soup.
CM Dinner: Planning to have corned beef straight from the can.

Im heading down to the gym for my cycling classes.. will do 2 hours if i can.. im so scared i'll get all bulky and huge especially my thighs..

Last edited by shepherd29 : Tue, May-25-04 at 23:41.