Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-01, 16:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/197.5/170? Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 33%
Talking

Hi all! I would just like to say that I'm new here. I've just started the low carb way of life. Today is the first day of induction (the Atkins plan). I'm a real carb addict. I can sit and eat and eat, it's like I never get full, and my sweet tooth is unbelievable. Anyway, my height is 5'10" and I weigh around 235 pounds. I'd love to get down to a size 8. I think that low carb eating is something that I can stick with. I know at times it will be hard for me because like I said I'm a carb addict. But as someone once told me "Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels." That is what will keep me on the right track. I've been reading the messages on the board and the support here is wonderful! I hope that I too can come here for support when I need it. Well, thanks for listening.
Erica
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-01, 19:01

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi erica and welcome aboard!! congratulations on choosing lowcarb. you're going to find this the easiest diet that you've ever been on. you're sweet cravings will soon be just a memory.

you've found a great board here. this is a great bunch of knowledgeable and supportive people. i wish you great success on this woe (way of eating). i hope to see lots of posts from you.

debbie
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-01, 21:34

Stats: 173/148/150 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Welcome Erica! I am a newcomer too. I began the Adkins Low Carb diet one week ago and the results so far are remarkable. I've lost over 8 lbs. but more importantly I feel teriffic. At first I felt tired and a little disoriented as my body adjusted but not anymore. I was starting my day off with either toast or cereal, always had the waiter bring more bread when I went to a restaurant and could not pass a Dunkin Donuts store without picking up a couple of Honey Raisin Bran Muffins... MERCY!

I'm certain most of the weight loss so far is water but some of it is also fat. Just knowing something positive is happening is a great feeling. Good luck and don't give up before it starts to happen for you too. The people here on this board are quite knowledgeable and understanding. Nobody knows the the anguish of being overweight and powerless unless they have been overweight and powerless. I don't feel powerless anymore! dankar
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-01, 00:35
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi erica,

From one sugar addict to another, welcome to the board!

You have a great attitude towards starting a new way of eating and that is half the battle. Whenever you feel discouraged. re-read your first post. In fact, paste it on your fridge!

Karen