Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-27-12, 12:57

Plan: Low Carbish
Stats: 169/152/135 Female 5'2" Age:81
BF:
Progress: 50%
Question Question for Terry (Hoppinn)

Terry:

I use your daily menus often and my question is about calories. Let's face it I don't lose if I eat very much (like over 1200 calories), but I do maintain easily at more than that. Have you ever kept track of how much you take in? I'm not doing a very good job at portion control it seems. I only exercise 1-3 times a week. My bad.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-28-12, 12:08

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Hi Suze,

I have never kept track of calories, carbs, or anything else, but I have always done my best to keep my meals balanced. When I do have problems with my 1/3 balance, it is always protein that I overeat.

Carbohydrates are no longer a problem for me and I am happy to say that my chocolate addiction is well under control. I don't know if that is because I have been wheat and gluten free since the end of October, but it really doesn't matter since I definitely prefer the way that I feel now.

My weight has been hovering around 140 lbs. for awhile now. Since I still need to lose another ten to fifteen pounds, I must be overeating. I keep going back and forth whether I should do something about it and since I was not home yesterday, I went to a restaurant with my mom for lunch. I ordered a grilled chicken salad knowing I had some ribs waiting for me at home. I decided to tweak CALP a bit knowing the ribs were marinading in ingredients that are reserved for our RMs, and instead of having another salad, I added a single serving of vegetables to my dinner.

In other words, I am not perfect but I do the best I can!

I sincerely hope you find what works the best for you!

Last edited by Hoppinn : Sun, Jan-29-12 at 10:11.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-12, 18:12

Plan: Low Carbish
Stats: 169/152/135 Female 5'2" Age:81
BF:
Progress: 50%

Terry: Thanks so much. You are an inspiration.