Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-06, 09:57

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%
Question Any active CALP posters here?

Hi, I am a long time follower and strong believer in CALP. I am here for the support and inspiration I wasn't getting enough of elsewhere, but it sure seems quiet here. WAH!

C'mon folks, if you are on calp or are interested in discussing it, please post. I promise I'll answer
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-06, 12:34
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Pat-
of course we are here for you! I am going to read all eight of your posts- and I will reply to ALL OF THEM- promise!
The best thing to do, IMHO, is to look at a bunch of the old posts. Find people who have a JOURNAL button, click it and see who is still here and CALPing. You can also start a journal. One of the bet ways to keep track of the threads you are intereested in is to click on the "Quick Links" on the toolbar- then click on "susscribed threads". It only took me 2 years to figure this one out! Every time you read a post, that thread is automatically subscribed to - and you can manage it and keep track that way.
If you click on someone's screen name, you can see all the threads they have started or all the posts they have written- fun.
WELCOME-
and yes this is a bit slow right now- but you can be busy reading for a LONG time!
You know who I am-
Eno
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-06, 13:23

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi Patricia

I am an active CADer, do I count? I try to strive towards CALP but I don't always balance my RM. I am a work in progress I do know this is the only WOE for me.

Welcome to the forum!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-06, 16:54

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 164/143/130 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

Hi Patricia....
I'm an active CALPer as well..
I've been following this WOE since last summer, with a few hiccups along the way...but still trying to keep balanced (most of the time)
Hope to hear lots from you..
Mary-Ann
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-06, 19:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
Hi Pat-
of course we are here for you! I am going to read all eight of your posts- and I will reply to ALL OF THEM- promise!
The best thing to do, IMHO, is to look at a bunch of the old posts. Find people who have a JOURNAL button, click it and see who is still here and CALPing. You can also start a journal. One of the bet ways to keep track of the threads you are intereested in is to click on the "Quick Links" on the toolbar- then click on "susscribed threads". It only took me 2 years to figure this one out! Every time you read a post, that thread is automatically subscribed to - and you can manage it and keep track that way.
If you click on someone's screen name, you can see all the threads they have started or all the posts they have written- fun.
WELCOME-
and yes this is a bit slow right now- but you can be busy reading for a LONG time!
You know who I am-
Eno

Yes, I do know who you are and thank you so much for introducing me to this forum

The tip on subscribed threads, just what I needed. Been a busy day, so I may get a bit behind, but I am looking forward to reading your replies (and everyone elses!)
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-06, 19:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto4boys
Hi Patricia

I am an active CADer, do I count? I try to strive towards CALP but I don't always balance my RM. I am a work in progress I do know this is the only WOE for me.

Welcome to the forum!

LOL...I like to say I am a "perpetual work in progress". Yes, of course CAD counts, I'm just not as familiar with it.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-06, 20:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaspesiene
Hi Patricia....
I'm an active CALPer as well..
I've been following this WOE since last summer, with a few hiccups along the way...but still trying to keep balanced (most of the time)
Hope to hear lots from you..
Mary-Ann

Hi Mary-Ann, thanks for the note. I'm in the process of tightening up my program again, so I get back to losing weight. I got into some bad habits..skipping salad before rm, skipping veggies with cm's, you get the picture!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-06, 20:14
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Hi Patricia,
I got lonely here too so I go to all the forums and my journal nearly everyday. Right now I'm doing the reward meal 2x/week since even having rm food in the house is a temptation sometimes I have LC chocolate which I guess is an rm too. 2x seems to be the longest I can go in a week without rms without really intense cravings overwhelming me.

You're doing so well the program, how long have you been on? Having meals throughout the week has been the only way I can lose wt. I guess I am a true carb addict.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-22-06, 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawchem
Hi Patricia,
I got lonely here too so I go to all the forums and my journal nearly everyday. Right now I'm doing the reward meal 2x/week since even having rm food in the house is a temptation sometimes I have LC chocolate which I guess is an rm too. 2x seems to be the longest I can go in a week without rms without really intense cravings overwhelming me.

You're doing so well the program, how long have you been on? Having meals throughout the week has been the only way I can lose wt. I guess I am a true carb addict.

Hi Nawchem,

I've been on and off since 1998, but back on plan without going off since February of 2003. I find if I am truly well balanced with my rm and solidly on plan, I can have whatever in the house and I'm okay. I can walk through the grocery store bakery and be fine (that is amazing to me compared to before).

I would not encourage having rm only twice a week, but would say to play with what kinds of carbs. you have at rm. Some folks simply do better when they cut out sugar & white flour completely, and stick to things such as squash, nuts, bit of yoghurt w/fruit as their carbs works best. I guess my biggest concern would be that the Hellers have consistently advised not skipping one's rm.

I found my blood sugars do fine if I have sushi (3-4 pieces) as my carb, or one local to my area brand of dark chocolate covered giant macadamia nuts. In general, dark chocolate seems to not set off my bloodsugar at all (now, a white roll? Forget about it..I spike!).
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Sep-23-06, 09:38

Plan: Count calories/Whole food
Stats: 305/197/199 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hello!!! I'm a CADer!! Trying to be more of a CALPer but I'm still having issues with balancing. I'm a work in progress too!! It sounds like you're doing great!! I'm trying really hard to leave the sugar alone. After being on Atkins for so long I went a little crazy. Right now I'm trying to starve my sugar monster so I can get the rest of this weight off. Keep up the good work and hopefully one day I'll be balanced like you. I'm going to keep trying because I really believe this is a plan that I can stick to for life.

Have a great day!!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Sep-23-06, 13:14

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by oraki
Hello!!! I'm a CADer!! Trying to be more of a CALPer but I'm still having issues with balancing. I'm a work in progress too!! It sounds like you're doing great!! I'm trying really hard to leave the sugar alone. After being on Atkins for so long I went a little crazy. Right now I'm trying to starve my sugar monster so I can get the rest of this weight off. Keep up the good work and hopefully one day I'll be balanced like you. I'm going to keep trying because I really believe this is a plan that I can stick to for life.

Have a great day!!

Thank you! One trick I've seen work for others, is to use 3 small bowls to be sure your protein, cm veggies/carb are all in that 1/3 1/3 1/3 proportion.

The lovely thing is that we all work slightly differently...what some can tolerate (me with my chocolate covered macadamia nuts) others can't, so you just have to really listen to your body and learn what works, what you can eat, and what you can't.

I have come to love wasa bread with unsalted almond butter as a rm carb for instance Gives me a bit of fiber, cracker crunch and flavor, with yummy nut butter for richness.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Sep-23-06, 21:07
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

That's a good point about the kind of carbs being able to set you off. I have a thang for breaded fish. I can barely control myself around plain fish but breaded I have no control at all. I'll have it for my rm and then I'll eat it again like at midnight and call it the next days rm. That seems to be the food I crave the most and can't resist at all.

I guess I do have more rms as I feel the need to treat myself frequently and its the stuff that you mentioned like nuts, protein shakes, starchy veg.

This is the only way I've been able to lose wt. If I just keep my carbs down I don't lose anything and I'm climbing the walls. I gained wt when I did the meat and egg fast.

Wow patricia since 2003! You've made it a real life-stye!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 13:08

Plan: IR
Stats: 220/217/175 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Hi Patricia

I started CAD heart health plan in February and have lost 27 lbs so far. I do pretty well at balance in my RM. When I first started I ate cake, icecream, pie, cookies, ect but now I have started to pick high carbs that are healthy and it seems to work better. Hope you will set up a journal and visit ours that is where I do most of my writing in my journal and in others.

Glad to have you join us.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-06, 15:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bero48
I started CAD heart health plan in February and have lost 27 lbs so far. I do pretty well at balance in my RM. When I first started I ate cake, icecream, pie, cookies, ect but now I have started to pick high carbs that are healthy and it seems to work better. Hope you will set up a journal and visit ours that is where I do most of my writing in my journal and in others.

Glad to have you join us.

Thanks for the welcome Doris! I am just not sure I have the time for a journal, as I am a small business owner and this is the busiest time of the year for me, plus I am on a few other lists But I will try to at least read and comment in others journals
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Sep-28-06, 16:56

Plan: CAD
Stats: 208/199.5/154 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I am so glad you started this thread, I only joined tonight and was beginning to think all CAD'ers faded on 2002. It is such an encouragement to find that it is a lifestyle to eat like this. I have only just started but the books make so much sense.