Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 12:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Weekly Support 01/17/05 - 01/23/05

Hi everyone! How are we doing this week?

Today is the day that my bridesmaids need to have their downpayments in and measurements done, and there are 3 not done yet, eeeech.

I have come back to low carb, will be doing somewhat CAD, some days I will not be having carbs at RMs but I will be following all other guidelines.

Hope everyone is having a great day, and please chime in and let us know how your doing or if you have questions or need some support!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 14:31

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hi Amy,

Good of you to start this up again, it comes in handy

How exciting that you have a wedding coming up..but how harried it can get as well. I remember it well and mine was quite a simple wedding, only three girls to worry about. But, it all seems to work out in the end ok.

I'm doing fine, trying to really get back to basics with CAD, as far as balancing my RM goes. I know that is what I need to be doing to get losing again.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 16:09

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Amy, How exciting that you are getting married. 6 months will be here before you know it. What a great insentive to stick with a plan.

I had a real good week-end on plan. I also need to work on the balancing issue. I haven't been eating my salads at the beginning of my RM because lettuce was so out of site price wise and it was half gone to start with. Today I found some at only 99 cents and it was in good shape. So back to salads with my RM.

I have gotten back into the routine of walking on my treadmill also. I always drag my feet to get me going but once I am on it and walking, I really enjoy it.

I hope everyone has a great week on plan.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 08:36

Plan: Lower Fat/Moderate Carb
Stats: 160/103.5/100 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 94%

Glad to see this thread. I'm a Newbie at CAD and so far, I seem to be doing ok. Had a good first day. I had lost 69 lbs. doing Atkins and regained 18 lbs. I needed to regain some of it as my weight had dropped to 91 lbs. Anyway, more than anything I'm wanting to get rid of my cravings, lose a few pounds, and stop this GAINING.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 09:33

BF:

Dianee, I have 7 bridesmaids. My biggest incentive is that we ordered the dress when I was a smaller size so now I need to watch myself.

Anleigh, I think this plan will be great for you. I am to the point where I figured out if I want to lose any I actually need to make my carb portion at RM smaller than the 1/3, and if I just want to maintain I can have a balanced RM. The only time I gain is when I over do the carbs, or have a lot of salt or MSG, well and peanuts. Everyone finds different triggers and issues.

Good day so far. Still at 132 but oh well I know it will come off if I dicipline myself correctly. I need to start remembering to take my vitamins.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 17:46
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi everybody-
Good start to a new week. Really enjoyed my RM tonight- lamb burgers, salad, cabbage and acorn squash. Finished off with a nilla wafer. I saw my favorite ice cream place had opened near my house, and I happened to be driving by....but I continued down the road. Why have RM ice cream outside of RM, and given that it is below freezing outside, why bother? I find that I am drinking a lot more (decaf) coffee than usual. Really like the taste and the warmth. I can fill my mug and just enjoy a few sips, or drink it down. I am a 1 mug/day type, so this is not typical. Lucky for me it is always black coffee!
Hope you stay warm and dry-
Congrats on the upcoming wedding, Amy! Very exciting!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 21:32

BF:

Wow Amy, you are really going to have a big wedding. I bet it is going to be a beautiful wedding with a beautiful bride. Don't worry, you still have time to take off a dress size and it will fit just perfect. Hang in there, you will do it.

Did good today on CAD. I just finished walking on my treadmill and I increased the time and the speed. I always feel so good after I am done, but just dread getting started.

Eno, You look like you always do so well and you eat so healthy. Good for you Good for you for ignoring that ice cream. Of course it might have been a little harder to drive on by if it had been 80 degrees out.

I hope everyone has a great Wed.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 09:48

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%
Smile Wednesday

Happy Wednesday all I am happy because I have 3 days off. Yippee! Its been a while since I have had 3 days in a row at home. My DS#4 is sick, he's been running a high temp yesterday and today He goes to see the Ear, Nose & Throat dr tomorrow. He's been having alot of ear infections. I just want him to feel better I have been great with CAD. This plan is the plan for me. I have been trying to keep more of a balance on my RMs, but that's not always the case.

Amy- Its so great to see you here Wow, your wedding will be here before you know it. Are you excited? What does your dress look like?

Tracy- I need to balance also, I am working on it This is the year we can do it.

Diane- I can't stand wilty or brown lettuce esp when I pay so much for it. I have better luck with romaine, but it seems like I am only in the mood for broccoli and cauliflower I guess its all the cold weather we are having, I don't feel like salads. Great going on the walking, I need to do that!!

Hi Eno- your RMs are always so inspirational, so are you! I have just started drinking a cup of coffee in the morning, I too like the warmth, and boy have we been having some cold days, brrrrr.

Anleigh- Welcome to CAD! Its such a wonderful plan, its one I can live with for life, that's how I know its the plan for me My cravings are so out of control off this plan, that I just HAVE to stick to it. I have lost 20 lbs since Sept, so this plan does work!

Well, nothing else new with me. I am off work for 3 days, but I know at home I work harder than at work Esp with my baby not feeling well. I hope I get some answers from the dr tomorrow.

To the CAD lurkers out there- We'd love for you to join in and participate in our weekly thread. The more the merrier

Adios Amigos~ Jill

#9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 11:42

BF:

momto4boys and anyone else - I would love to hear of some of your personal experiences with CAD. So far, not too bad. The worst part is no snacking and no sugar alcohols, especially gum. Just the same, I knew I had to get some of my cravings under control and that is the primary reason I am doing this thing as well as to lose a few pounds. Not sure what I will do after the first two weeks are over. If I feel I have my cravings under control I may go back to Atkins Maintenance, maybe even Somersizing. Who knows, may even want to stay with CAD or CALP Maintenance. How does it work? Still reading the books. By the way, some of you that have done Atkins, how do you compare the two diets? Is it easier to maintain on CAD/CALP compared to Atkins or Somersizing? Thanks.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 12:57

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Anleigh- I can't do Atkins because I have to have my insulin controlled. That's why CAD works so well for me and gives me that "in control" feeling, and its always nice to know I can have something if I really want (it during my RM) that seems to help keep me on track I started CAD during labor day weekend and I have been going strong since. Of course that probably averages less than a lb per week, but 20 lbs later..... I feel great. This plan doesn't work for everybody, but it sure works for me. It also feels as if it was made for me
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 07:24

BF:

Quote:
By the way, some of you that have done Atkins, how do you compare the two diets? Is it easier to maintain on CAD/CALP compared to Atkins or Somersizing? Thanks

I tried Atkins before I started the CAD diet. I was on it for 6 weeks, and I never cheated. I stayed in Ketois the whole time and I felt really good and it was amazing how much I was in control of my eating and didn't have any cravings. BUT, I didn't lose a single lb. It got very frustrating. I followed it to a tee, but nothing. The CAD book was sent to me, so I switched plans and within 2 weeks, I had dropped 10 lbs. I don't know why Atkins would not work for me, but CAD sure did, and I felt so good on it. I have never tried Somerzinng.

I have found out over the years, not all plans work for everybody. You just need to find what works for you. There sure are a ton of plans out there to choose from.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 07:45

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default I was lucky...

I feel really lucky that I came across CAD and tried it as my first real low-carb diet. I was aware of Atkins, but had a gut feeling that it just wouldn't be for me. I knew myself well enough to know that a plan which wouldn't allow for some of my favourites, some of the time, would only lead to cheating, guilty feelings and eventually ditching it altogether. So, I can't really answer the question about how one plan compares to the other...luckily for me
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 08:00

BF:

The biggest thing I miss about Atkins is being able to eat more times (snacks) and the use of Splenda and such things as Davinci Syrups. Of course, I can't have the high carb goody at a RM on Atkins but then there are so many lowcarb sugar free substitutes out there, and that was my problem. I started overdoing them and that is what got me in trouble and created super cravings. Some days I would eat as many as 4 lowcarb chocolate bars.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 09:06

BF:

Anleigh, you can have one snack half the size of a CM per day. You will notice the cravings for snacks and even meals decrease as time goes by, at least most do.

Two of the girls are still not sized yet, Im starting to freak. The dresses need to be ordered by Sunday.

Hope everyone has a good day.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 08:42

BF:

Good Morning,

I should have walked on my treadmill last night, but I was so tired and just not in the mood. I will do it tonight. For some reason Thursday night before I went to bed, I was starving. Not cravings, but actual hunger pains. I guess I didn't eat enought for my RM. I was going to make a CM snack, but it was so late, so I went to sleep instead. I need to make sure that I am kind of full, but not stuffed at my RM.

Anleigh-I think that is a lot of what happens to people who are doing Atkins. They have so many LC goodies out there, and they eat them off and on all day long because they think they are legal and all of a sudden the scale comes to a screetching halt and starts going the other way. A lot of them have had to drop the AS and the sugar alcohols because it stalls them so bad. You are doing really good, but like Amy said if you get hungry you can have a snack.

Amy, Oh Oh, sounds like stress is starting to become part of your life right now. I can't imagine why. Hang in there. I am sure the girls will show up for their fitting. What date you are getting married on, if you don't mind me asking?

Everyone, have a great week-end.