Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-13-04, 12:49

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 185/184/150 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default NO CHEAT challenge anyone?

well..since I derailed myself this weekend, I'm thinking a good NO CHEAT challenge is in order.

My goal is to try to NOT CHEAT for the next 2 weeks and see if that makes a difference in my weight loss.

Anyone else up for the challenge??!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-13-04, 13:33

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

I'll join.. This time of year is usually the worst for me because of all the goodies that friends and neighbors bring over, and they are all so very good. If I can straight until Xmas I will be so happy. I don't have anymore parties to go to, so I don't have any excuses.

We can do this right?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-13-04, 16:06

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

I'd like the challange. I am aiming for that anyway, so might as well do it together right? I had a friend bring me a truffle and tell me to take it home or whatever I needed to do for my 60 min. I thought that was so sweet! Nice to have that support! I have cake sitting here that has to wait until tomorrow.!!! But I CAN RESIST!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-04, 07:51

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Sure, I will join the challenge
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-04, 08:18

BF:

1 day down....(and 2.5lbs down...but it was TOM and had a cheat weekend)....and only 11 more to go!!!

hey, this coincides w/Christmas, which means we need to start planning NOW for a good, balanced CAD Christmas dinner. Mine will be steak, green beans, salad, sweet potato and maybe spinach! YUM!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-04, 10:37

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Count me in, too!

I have made it through 2 previous holiday seasons with nary a cheat, so I know it can be done! One of the best times to be CADding, actually!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-04, 15:18

Didn't cheat yesterday! and today is going well so far...just need to balance those darn RM'S!!!

I need some movement too!!!! I am not seeing any downward trend in the weight department and I KNOW the movement would make a difference!

Been so tired lately that I am upping my vitamins. Feeling much better already!

Keep posting everyone! I need you!!! You are GREAT!!!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-15-04, 07:59

BF:

ok...DAY 3 for me..and I'm down 0.5lbs....I hope it keeps going! I baked w/chocolate ALL day yesterday afternoon and didn't even NIBBLE (drank decaf tea so I would keep my mouth busy!)....very proud of myself.

Have an xmas party on Friday night, and trying to decide if I hold off eating my RM until I go (won't be until about 7:30pm..and they typically serve sliced ham/turkey)...I might eat a LARGE salad just before I go out the door + my RM veggies, then I can eat protein and a few treats there!!! (phew..I have a plan!)
GOOD LUCK to everyone else, and good day!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Dec-15-04, 08:22

BF:

I have been doing really good too. Usually by this time of year, I have already gone off plan because of all the goodies lying around. This year, we had 2 Zucchni breads, and one I put right away in the freezer and the banana bread is down at work and out of site from me there. Another thing, I decided not to do any baking this year. That seems to be when I go off of plan. The smell of baked goods just sets me off, so this year I decided to heck with it. I am not baking a single thing. So far so good.

Looks like everyone is holding their own and that is great. We can do this.

way2goal, It looks like you have a good plan for your party. You will do just fine. Have fun.

Have a good day..
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Dec-15-04, 11:41

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Its always good to have a plan

I am doing good back on the losing track yay!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-15-04, 20:47

I am planning for my week ahead. Eating at school has just become too difficult and unhealthy...The food really stinks! SO PROCESSED AND HIGH CARB! It is silly to think I am saving money by eating it cuz I am killing my body! It is junk! I am going to start brinbing my food and just sitting with the kids pretending to eat...Others have started to bring food or order out so I am going to start eating healthy things! Too bad the kids can't join me.

Crazy that they are on a goverment program which is supposed to provide nutrious food. It is not better than McDonalds...Maybe worse as they don't serve salad. At least mcDonalds does!

I DID exercise for 12 minutes on the exercise bike! It is a start quit laughing!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 06:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204.5/184/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default I cheated this past weekend but am up for the challenge

Any tips anybody? Nights are a problem for me.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 07:23

BF:

Still hanging in there. Yesterday, my co-worker brought me in an Irish Creme Lattae. She is really a sweet person and she didn't understand that I could not drink this. No way was I going to blow things by drinking it, and I didn't want to hurt her feelings, so I just said "thank you, this smells wonderful", and took it over to my desk. Occassionally I would pick it up and walk around with it etc. I told her how good it was and when I had a chance I was able to get rid of it. I hated doing that, but on the other hand, I didn't want to hurt her feelings because I know she is strapped for money, and the fact that she bought this for me, well, I just couldn't say No.. Whew, at least I know this won't be a daily thing.

Karen, I don't blame you for not wanting to eat the school food. It is a shame that they are serving this stuff to the kids. I thought they quit doing that and started feeding them nutritious food, with veggies etc. This is really sad to hear. I guess they do it because it is cheap and easy to prepare. Good for you for taking your own. It will make staying on plan, that much easier. How are you feeling this am? I hope you have gotten over that little bug you had.

Looks like everyone else is doing really good with the challenge, right?? Have a good day on plan.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 07:52

BF:

Sparkles...just like everything, you need to have a plan.

First, make sure you are having enough food for your RM. Tons of salad, maybe some green/wax beans or other low carb veggie, and a good helping of protein. If the evenings are a problem because you are hungry, then you can't be eating enough. I finish my dinner with an Atkins-like dessert of Ricotta cheese + splenda+dash cinnamon+ dash of vanilla w/whipped topping. That usually fills me over the edge.

The other good thing to have is a hobby; I've taken up knitting, and have made a bunch of scarves for family for Chrismtas. If both hands are going, they can't be helping me eat!!!

You can do this! hang in there!!!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Dec-16-04, 07:55

BF:

Day 4 and I'm CRANKIN! down another 0.5 lb. Just 1 lb from my lowest again...and REALLY wanting to hit AND pass the lowest before Jan 1! I'd give my left arm to be in the 150's (heck, if I could cut it off, I'd probably make my goal!! ha!)

Hang in there everyone; the test (for me atleast) is always the weekend. Gonna have plenty of pre-cooked sauteed chicken and salad around so I don't have ANY excuses not to eat on plan!

SLIGHT PROBLEM: my party Friday night isn't until 8pm and won't include protein..ONLY DESSERTS. New plan needed; I will eat a large but balanced RM and will plan to be SO full by the time I go, that I won't want to eat! I don't drink at these parties anyways (get too tired!)..so that part will be easy!

Let's GO TEAM!!!