Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-08, 20:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/136/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilaraye
Yes....all the weight was lost on CAD. I did try for a few days to do Atkin's, but my low blood pressure just went even lower. And the toe cramps were horrific!!
My one meal consisted of anything I wanted. No dividing the plate into thirds, etc. Whatever I wanted. To this day I follow this plan--we ate at a restaurant in Branson today. Started out with a shared appetizer of fried green tomatoes and sweet potato chip thingys...not sure what they are called. Then I had fish and chips, substituted corn for the slaw.....I HATE cole slaw. And drank about three glasses of Coke. Then a piece of coconut cream pie. When we finished the meal, I still had 16 minutes I COULD have eaten, but I couldn't eat another bite.
I'm still full and it's nearly 10PM.

IMO, CAD is better than CALP (don't throw rocks at me, Eno )
because it's much less rigid/restricted. Don't have to start the RM with salad, for instance.

PM me if you want and you can have my e-mail address and I will show before/after pictures.

Sheila

Sheila, if you don't mind me asking, about how long did it take to lose your weight?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-08, 07:46

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

How long did it take you Daisy?
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-08, 08:39

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers
How long did it take you Daisy?

I have only lost a couple pounds on CAD so far, I've only been doing it for 2 weeks.

I lost the first 20 on Atkins, I had a baby in December and then restarted at 160-but I switched to CAD because I just was not sticking to Atkins. I have a strong tendency to binge so I kept yoyoing between induction and bingeing on sugar every 2-3 days....really unhealthy! I have been doing better on CAD but am just curious if it will work long-term, kwim?
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-08, 18:23

Plan: CAD
Stats: 228/128/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Hi Daisymaiz!
It took a long time for me to lose the weight...more than two years but less than three. I had a lot to lose though.
I've been maintaining now for a few years.
Sheila
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-08, 19:10

BF:

Awesome, thanks!

I'm doing things similar to the way you described so that's why I was wondering. I have not been perfect so far but this plan still seems too good to be true.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-08, 21:02

Plan: cad
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:

SHeila, do you go out to eat alot? I don't. I like to eat at home where I have more control of the time but I DO love to eat out too. I don't think I will ever get over the "honeymoon" stage of CAD. I still love it after 10 years. I first went on it when the very first hard cover version of CAD came out.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-08, 13:34

BF:

I have a few tricks up my sleeve when it comes to eating out. And yes, we do eat out a lot--even though I LOVE to cook. I can give you two tips about eating your RM at a restaurant. First, WAIT UNTIL YOUR MEAL IS SITTING IN FRONT OF YOU TO DRINK YOUR REAL COKE/PEPSI/WHATEVER. Before your meal gets to you, drink only water. Then when your meal and Coke
is in front of you, only then begin ticking off the minutes.
Another thing--when the server refills your drink, order your
dessert then. That way, you are not waiting around. Also, always keep an emergency dessert in your purse. I have Snickers bars and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups with me at all times in the fall/winter. When it's warm outside, I keep Sugar Daddies in my purse...they do not melt. MMMm, CARAMEL!
In one of the Atkin's books, Dr. Atkins talks about using the CAD Reward Meal occasionally himself...he called it "damage control" for when he had too many carbs. Anyway, he said something really profound in one of his books. It was......
"Whatever you do, don't have a Reward Meal at a restaurant with slow service"........Amen to that!!
He had a sense of humor!
Hope this helps. Sheila
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-08, 14:12

BF:

Dr. Atkins did have a sense of humor, I remember laughing at a couple comments in his books-odd to be laughing at a diet book I thought.

Good suggestions-I have done the candy bar in the purse thing already, when I had to go to my sister's for dinner.
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-08, 16:54

BF:
Progress:

HA ha ha ha ha! Sheila you are my twin. I do those exact same things in the restaurants. I look like an idiot sometimes but I am over that. I mean in the beginning I used to order everything including dessert and the waitress would look at me funny. Or I would say "could you please bring my dessert with my dinner". I also load my purse with an unmentable desserts too. Sometimes I excuse myself to eat it in the ladies' room. What did you eat today? I had salmon salad, cheese, 3 packs of Reesees. I lost weight too from 110 to 108.5.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-08, 17:07

BF:

EATEROW!!!!!!! I HAVE eaten dessert in the ladies room, but only once. I cannot believe you even said this out loud!
I'm still laughing. We might be twins after all!
Today I was hungrier than usual, so I will e-mail you what
I ate today. Yesterday I wasn't very hungry at all, so that was more.....restrained.
Sheila
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-08, 18:57

BF:
Progress:

Sheila does your weight fluctuate or don't you look? I can gain 4-5 pounds over night. What do you do if you go out and the other person is paying?
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-08, 18:58

BF:
Progress:

Sheila what was your "restrained" rm like? Mine was 2 lg. apples and 2 kings sized snickers if you call that restrained. I lost 1.5 pounds too! Go figure on a totally unbalanced rm.
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-08, 19:14

BF:

Eaterow, you ask very good questions. I NEVER let anyone pay for my RM unless it's family and they insist. It's been that way for me from day one--
My weight does fluctuate slightly...IF I eat pasta or pizza it's a guaranteed slight weight gain the next day. But big deal--it goes away in a day or two. I don't weigh every day now, although I used to.
My restrained RM was way more than what you had.
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-08, 19:20

BF:
Progress:

So exercise was not a factor in your weight loss, Sheila? I used to exercise myself to death and still I gained in my diet days. I remember being on Slimfast and starving to death while exercising all ours. I still gained. It wasn't until I ate a huge rm and no exercise other that walking the dog that I finally lost.
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-08, 08:34

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

I have the same problem. It's the body going into starvation mode..sugar will do that..screws up insulin. I really have to watch my sugar now that I'm older. Menopause bites it. I really have to keep my grains low also..I ate some whole wheat the other day...I might be paying for that this week.