Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Feb-17-05, 14:56

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Welcome. I had the same trouble with Atkins. The minute I started having any sweets - I would want them literally every couple of hours - then my whole day was blown and I would not eat properly either, because of my guilt. CALP is easiest for me to follow, although, my eating has been a bit uncontrolled of late again. I think because I keep telling myself I should skip meals..... Then I go back to eating whenever out of sheer rebellion. I MUST get back on track, but mostly I must get my head straight on this.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 07:59

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hello

Just a little hi. I have been home from work sick all week and not using the computer at all. I miss the forums and all of you. I'm getting better now so hopefully I'll be back to active duty soon.

Tracy
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 09:56

Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Sorry to hear you have not been well. Get better, Vel. Lovely day here - hope to have a better day of CALP and a good weekend. Happy low-carbing this weekend everyone.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Feb-19-05, 09:40
Registered Member

Stats: 195/187/&;150 Female 62"
BF:34%
Progress: 9%
Thumbs up New to CALP - New to forums

Just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying this forum! I never could stand WW meetings (did lose 40 pounds on WW in '02 but gained it all back once I stopped writing down every bite I ate) and instead used their online tools, but couldn't live with it long term (which is why I gained back the weight!).
You guys are WAY more supportive and accessible for a computer geek like moi!
Thanks!
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Feb-19-05, 10:35

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hello Everyone

I am still here. I am down 2 lbs this week. Last Saturday I decided to give up sugar and flour, and now the scale is moving downward. I feel really great also Its a wonderful side effect. I really love CAD, but I just felt like my weightloss was coming off way too slow. I wanted to be at goal by July, and when I set that goal it was only 1 lb a week, which seemed reasonable, but it just wasn't happening. I guess I wanted to do something drastic to break this plateau. I only commited to LC for 2 wks, but I may take it longer than that. I hope I can still come around the CAD forum. I really credit CAD to helping me understand my body (and cravings), if it wasn't for CAD... I know I couldn't be doing what I am doing. Does that make sense? So I am very grateful for that!

#21   ^
Old Sat, Feb-19-05, 15:12

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great weekend.

I am doing well so far. I am excited to be at a lower weight now. I have maintained it for more than a week even through it's tom!!! I really am pleased! That is big. I would see that # once in a blue moon but never for more than a day! I am aiming now for 132!!! I was that 2 years ago when we first went to FL. My actual goal is 124 but will be so excited on any of those #'s that will be on the way down. It has just been too long since I have seen them!!!!!!

Have a great weekend and WELCOME to everyone who is new. CAD/CALP is a GREAT PLAN!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Feb-20-05, 09:19

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

Welcome Little Texa and Katy! Hope you have great success!!

Congrats Mom and Pre3Teach. It is amazing how good it feels to go in the right direction.

I am still losing inches. I lost a pound yesterday.. but cheated last night and it is back with some obvious water. I know it will probably come right back off, but I wish I hadn't cheated.

Still working out like crazy. I have been weak from a cold.. and diving into bed at night.

Hugs to all, Kandi
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Feb-20-05, 13:41

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 185/169/163 Female 5'2"
BF:45%/39%/29%
Progress: 73%

Hi everyone,

I am back to my CAD starting weight of 172 for the last 2 days. I think through this week I have learned to be careful with salt at RM, and also to ditch AS treats. There is no point and it's much much better to eat a small amount of the real thing.

The other thing I noticed is how helpful the advice to "eat toward your carbs" really is. I used to always start with them because I usually liked them best, and had to force myself to eat my meat and veggies. Now I start with the healthy stuff and am almost full by the time I get to my french fries (for instance), and I can't believe how much less I eat, and that I even threw some away. That is unheard of for me!

Also I learned -- I should eat either carbs with the meal OR dessert, not both...

Have a great week everybody!