Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-03, 14:52

Plan: Atkins (modified inductio
Stats: 232/181.5/145 Female 5ft 81/2in
BF:
Progress: 58%
Unhappy Lost/gained same 3 lbs for bout month

I am "yo-yoing" the same 3 lbs for about a month. I have only been on the second stage of Atkins for about 2 months and I am having problems with it.

I haven't ate anything any different than usual for the past month, I don't think, to cause this to happen. I am staying between 30-35 carbs per day. Drinking my water 64-96 oz daily.

I haven't cheated since started which was last Aug 02. Not even one little bit (I would KILL for a baked potato).

Any one else experiencing this? I didn't have any problems losing the weight on induction. I am thinking about dropping my carbs back to 20-25 till all the weight is gone. Then slowly raising them to maintain.

Any suggestions would help. Thanks,
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-03, 15:12

Plan: shangri-la/lowcarb
Stats: 185/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hello Pebbles,
I am doing the same thing those 3 pounds are sure a pain in the neck. I am dropping my carbs to induction and spreading my eating to 5 meals a day. Good Luck, Pat S.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-03, 16:07

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Hi Pebbles,

Sorry you're struggling, it can be tough. It is possible that your body is just taking a break from losing after all your success so far. Have you been measuring? Sometimes when we're not losing weight we're losing inches.

Your journal doesn't have much info in the way of menus, but you did indentify that you might have a problem with Atkins bars. Those are a major staller for some, so it's worth it to cut them out and see if that helps. If you want to post a typical menu, maybe we have some suggestions from the peanut gallery.

But, on the upside, do you feel better on the way of eating? Still have lots of energy, feeling good? Those things are important too.

Wishing you the best.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-03, 19:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/low carb
Stats: 210.0/210.0/140.0
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

Pepples,
I just want to say you "look" great to me. Youv'e lost most of your weight and that's fantastic!!!! You'll lose some more don't worry too much about it. I wish I was at your weight!!!

Vicki
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-03, 08:11

BF:
Thanks for the words of encouragement Pat, Angela and Vicki.

Pat- I also went back ot 20-25 carbs this week to see if I can get the rest of the weight off, then up them again to maintain. Hopefully this will help. Let me know if this helps you and I will do the same.

Angela- I usually eat bout the same every day. But I will post what I eat in my journal. Would greatly appreicate letting me know if I am doing something wrong or is there are hidden carbs. Even though I am been on this for 7 months I still consider myself a "newbie".

Vicki- Thanks...... My DH thinks I shouldn't loose anymore but.......I really want to get to my goal weight. You will get there!!! Best of luck to you..........
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-03, 03:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 197/197/145 Female 5.2
BF:
Progress: 0%

Pebbles
Don't get too discouraged. I have also been playing around with 2 lbs for the last 2 weeks and I know most of my mine was retaining water as I could feel it in my hands and feet. This past Sunday, I read an article that calculate how much water I needed to drink for my weight and my habits and it was 15 glasses a day. so I decided to give it a try. I've been drinking 120 oz and maybe alittle more a day. This morning I have not only lost the 2 lbs but also one more to go. I am not sure if this is the reason but all the fluid is gone. I keep my carbs about 20-25 and I did drop my calories down to 1500 cal. or so. I haven't seen much inches lost in the past month at all which is what I would prefer but I'll keep going. So, hang in there and take a look at the water-I wasn' t a real big believer but this forum has made me one.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 09:52

BF:
Well............... lost 1.5 of the 3 that keeps coming back??

Luvhump, I did try the more water suggestion and I am floating lol

Hopefully the trend will keep going with the losing and not the gaining!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!