Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 09:27
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 194/189/120
BF:
Progress: 7%

Welcome Libby! We are happy to have you along for the ride. I hope you do well this week!

Looks like everyone is hanging in there okay. I seem to be having trouble and I am seriously thinking of going to plan D. We'll see how tomorrow scale reading goes.

Chris... just curious... I was reading CAD last night and it was saying that if seem to be stalled to look for hidden carbs. That cream you are haing in your coffee... does it have any sugar ingrediants in the list of ingrediants? Even if you aren't craving your body could be producing all htat insulin that keeps us from losing weight and that could be the problem. Just a thought.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 11:41

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default goals

Thanks for making me feel so welcome.

I am still hanging in there hoping that I will make my goal for Sunday. It's that TOM and I gained exactly 3 lbs....... two of which left this morning. I gain three lbs every single month without fail. I didn't know that until I started tracking my daily weight and TOM. (I do a weekly average as the Hellers book suggests)

I won't be upset if I am not at my long term goal on Sunday.....because I am on a long term way of life and what difference is a day or two going to make? RIGHT?

Anyway.... my motto is:

Be happy if you wake up and your weight is the same..... be very excited if you weigh less.

Libby
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 16:37

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Exclamation Lost 2 lbs.!!!!!!

I got on the scale this morning to find 2 pounds gone!!

I'm so happy... I was starting to get just a wee bit discouraged.

B: Scrambled eggs
coffee (was rushed this morning and didn't do breakfast as
usual)

L: Homemade chicken fingers
Spinach
Cauliflower "potato" pancakes
Water, water, water....

D: 2 pork chops
Asparagus
Salad
3 red baby potatoes
water water water

Hope everyone had a great day!
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 17:42

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default day1

weighed the same today........

b:sardine & cream cheese....(AND I LOVE IT!)
SN: TEA
L 2 WHOLE LEGS(FRIED........i was hungry)
sn: cheese, sf kool aid
d: cabbage, greenbeans. codfish

a friend gave me some tea. the tea was supposed to restrict appetite.....well guys, i should have refused. I WAS SOOOOO HUNGRY AT LUNCH!!! IT MUST HAVE BEEN A TRIGGER. first, it tasted like bubble gum, and the box said 1 g carbs..........oh well

i did not do the water thing........bad me!!!

thanks chris.......
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 21:47

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default HI

HI ALL!

ANOTHER DAY. I'M BEGINNING TO LOSE MY MIND. I NEED A NEW SCALE. I GOT ON THIS MORNING AND I THOUGHT I WAS DOWN A POUND. BUT THEN I GOT ON AGAIN AND I WAS THE SAME. I SHOULD HAVE STAYED OFF. SO WHO THE HELL KNOWS WHAT I AM. I'M NOT GETTING ON ANYTIME SOON. JUST GOT THE PERIOD ANYWAY.
ATE GOOD TODAY

B-COFFEE W/CREAM
L-TURKEY,CHICKEN,SALAD, BLEU CHEESE DRESSING
D-CHICKEN, CHEESE, SALAD,ASPARAGUS
REALLY NO CARBS. NOT THAT HUNGRY. DEFINITELY GOT ALL THE WATER IN. I WONDER IF I'M HAVING TOO MANY CALORIES. THAT COULD BE A PROBLEM.

OH, AMYJEAN-MY CREAM IS LISTING 0 CARBS AND SUGAR
COULD BE .99999 THOUGH. STILL NOT BAD. I DON'T USE THE 2OZ.

MAYBE I'M JUST STUCK HERE FOREVER. NOT GIVING UP JUST YET.
GLAD TO SEE ALL OF YOU DOING GOOD. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!!
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 21:56

Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default check in

B - napa cabbage and egg omelete
L- napa cabbage and chicken
D- about 4 cups of salad: green cabbage, napa cabbage, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, celery, mayo. 1/2 c brown rice, way too huge pork steak, and as a treat blueberry milkshake: 3/4 c soy dream, 1/2 c blueberries, 2 scoops soy protein. Napa cabbage has fewer carbs than green cabbage. I learned something new with that.

Looks like everyone is doing great. I enjoy reading all your posts. Till tomorrow.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 05:07

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Unhappy Feb 26 Meals

OK, yesterday wasn't a good day. Maybe it's because of the full moon... who knows.

BR: 2 pieces of LC bread - 1 coffee
L: 1 veggie spring roll w/s&s sauce (BAD ME), 1 bowl of soup.
D: 1/2 piece of pork, french fries, broccoli and 1 piece of cake.

A bit more water today, but not as much as I would like. Also I'm sick to my stomach a bit (won't share details) and busy at work.

Check in tomorrow.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 09:58

BF:
Default HELLO

HI EVERYONE,
GRACIA, DON'T SWEAT IT. BUT I DO SUGGEST DRINKING THE WATER. I THINK I FEEL A DIFFERENCE ALREADY JUST FROM THAT.

I AM OFF TO BUY A DIGITAL SCALE. I CAN'T STAND THIS CRAPPY ONE. I AM STRAINING MY EYES TO SEE THE DAMN LINES. THIS MORNING I THOUGHT I WAS DOWN A POUND THEN I WASN'T SO SURE. I CAN'T TAKE IT. SO I'LL GET A NEW ONE. EVEN IF I SEE SOMETHING LIKE 1/4 DOWN I'LL KNOW IT'S WORKING.

OK GOOD LUCK. BE BACK LATER ON
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 10:30
Registered Member

BF:
Default Wednesday

Hi! Did okay yesterday. I weighed myself this morning and I am at 187. Woo hoo! go me! Anyway, I am happy about that. My menu for today...

Breakfast: Cottage cheese
Lunch: Tuna fish
Dinner: McDonlads Yum
Exercise: Tone and Sweat
Water: 100 oz

Looks like everyone has been doing okay. How is that new scale working out for you Chris?

Last edited by amyjeanap : Wed, Feb-27-02 at 15:41.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 10:51

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default veggies

Hey Amy...... where's your veggies? ((Looking in Amy's fridge for her veggies..... I know they are in there!!))

I am tickled to see everyone doing well. I am hanging in there too. I would post what I have been eating but it is just about the same as all of you.

I am down one pound since yesterday..... the last one from my TOM gain.

Recently I bought a Everlast sport tank top/bra thangy. I love it. So yesterday I ran down to Wallymart and put four of them on layaway. One in each color. Silly me...... I have never done anything like that before....... but I decided to leave it at the store on layaway as a gift to myself for when I reach my next mini-goal. I thought it would be a fun thing to look forward to.

What are YOU ladies doing to reward yourselves? You deserve it you know!!

With best wishes,
Libby

oh....and I was just teasin' ya Amy.
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 12:41

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Hangin' in there

Hey guys So good to see everyone in good spirits!

Chris.. let us know what type of scale you decide on.. I'm thinking digital as well.

Amy.. we're the same weight!! I finally lost another 2 lbs. ::smile:::

I'll be back tonight to post today's results.

Lisa
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 13:21

BF:
Default THE SCALE

HI,
JUST BOUGHT THE SCALE. MACY'S HAD A SALE. I THINK ITS A TERRALLION. NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE, BUT IT WAS 19.99 DOWN FROM 29.99.
I THINK I'LL INTRODUCE MYSELF TO IT IN THE MORNING. OR MAYBE FRIDAY MORNING. GOING OUT TO DINNER TONIGHT WITH A GROUP.
I'M A LITTLE SELF CONSCIOUS ABOUT THE ONE HOUR TIME LIMIT. I THINK I'LL JUST ASK TO HAVE MY SALAD AND MEAL TOGETHER. SOMETIMES WHEN THEY BRING EACH COURSE OUT IT TAKES TOO LONG.
I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES.
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 13:46

BF:
Default AAAAHHHHHH

I AM TAKING THAT !~#$%$#~!&*^%$##~ SCALE BACK,I DON'T FREAKING BELIEVE THIS. THE NEW SCALE IS 5 POUNDS HIGHER THAN THE OTHER ONE. SO I REALLY WEIGH 5 POUNDS MORE. THIS IS SO HORRIBLE. I'M READY TO GO OFF THE DEEP END HERE. JUST FARTHER FROM MY GOAL NOW. THIS IS MAKING ME *%$#~!~$%$#CRAZY.
DAMN.
NOBODY BUY A NEW SCALE. STICK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE.
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 15:47
Registered Member

BF:

Lol Chris... I know it's not funny but I am so laughing right now about your scale! I needed a good laugh! I hate going to the doctor because I know their scale is ging to say something different than mine at home as well. At least I know I am losing weight and I can delude myself 364 days a year thinking I weigh one thing and then the one day when I am at the cr I can pretend that it never even happened. Bad aren't I?

Libby... I am sorry I didn't post my veggies... I don't have them for breakfast or lunch though because it screw up the 5g of carb thing for me and I always have a salad and another veggie for dinner. At McD's tonight I will get one of their salad shakers.

Go Icon! Yeah you! Now we are weight buddies! Looks like you are doing great as well. Looks like we all are! Go Us! Go Us! (doing a little dance around the computer singing...)
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 19:13

Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default checkin

B- Vegetable omelete
L- Sardine salad
D- salad, green beans, spaghetti, blueberries.

Think I balanced according to size, sure hope so.

Cris - Our cat broke our digital scales. Dh got on them to weigh himself, the got the cat and SPROINNNG. Together they weighed 89 pounds. Haven't replaced them, still using the ones my son got me from a second hand store 10 years ago.

Before you weigh, use the bathroom, blow your nose, then weigh while fully exhaled standing on one foot, arms outstretched for balance with one leg stretched out in back. If you can't read the dial, at least you won't care.