Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-19-10, 22:10
Registered Member

Plan: Caveman
Stats: 175/160/120 Female 5'66"
BF:
Progress: 27%
Question acai berry and colon cleanse?

I saw this online today and I am wondering if it is ligitimate. Has anyone tried it and had good results? I do notice that they ask for a credit card number when ordering the free trial. I red a post somewhere a while ago from this lady who ordered something similar and they the pills kept on coming, months and months supplies that she hadn't asked for. I hope this is not the same?
Your opinions would be appreciated, thank you.

http://www.weeklyhealthnewscanada.c...diet/vclick/ca/

Toronto - (WeeklyHealthCanada) - Losing weight often feels like an impossible challenge. We have evaluted numerous fad diets over the years. All too frequently their results are just shy of painfully disappointing.

The reason for why most diets fail, in our opinion, is that they impose unrealistic restrictions on how you live your life. Some advocate eating tons of protein others emphasize carbohydrates. In either case, you're left with having to make rather drastic changes to the types of food you eat and when you eat it. In this special report, we take an in-depth look at an emerging and promising weight loss trend that we believe is a game changer, and it won't break the bank.
You may have heard of the enormously popular Acai berry in the news. It's a completely organic berry found deep in the Amazon rainforest of South America. Alone the Acai berry offers many benefits primarily due to its high anti-oxidant content. Combine it with a powerful colon cleanser, and you've created a fat burning machine. If you're skeptical, you're not alone. When we first learned about this weightloss combo, our diet fad radar went off right away.

Nevertheless, as we began to investigate the countless success stories reported by people from all around the globe, we decided that this weight loss trend was worthy of a closer examination. Moreover, we found it of particular interest that these people had not significantly changed their current lifestyles.

For the Weekly Health Canada test, it was inevitable that I was to be the guinea pig for this diet since I was about to get married. I wanted to lose 10 pounds for my wedding. In order to try the Acai Berry and colon cleanse diet, I ordered two products. First, I got a FREE TRIAL of Absolute Acai. Although there are many Acai berry offers available, I chose Absolute Acai, since they are one of the most credible and trustworthy suppliers on the market.

The Free Trial bottle of Absolute Acai was delivered in a few days from ordering and with surprisingly inexpensive shipping. Absolute Acai is one of the most concentrated and purest acai products on the market. It was our shared opinion that this would give me the most accurate results for my test.
Here is what Absolute Acai claimed on their website:
4 Times More Weight Loss Than Diet and Exercise
Boosts Energy
Rich in Antioxidants
Promotes Cardiovascular and Digestive Health
Although we were pretty skeptical, we wanted to find out for ourselves if this product could actually do everything that it claimed. Most of the success stories talk about combining Acai berry with a colon cleansing products to achieve maximum weight loss. The idea behind combining the products is that while the Acai Berry encourages weight loss and increases energy; the colon cleanse helps rid your body of toxins and allows your body to work and burn calories more efficiently. I chose Colon Cleanse to test.

Here is what Colon Cleanse claimed on their website:

Helps Eliminate Bad Toxins That Have Built Up Over the Years
Removes ‘Sludge‘ From the Walls of the Colon
Helps Get Rid of Gas and Bloating
Helps Regulate the Metabolism
The Colon Cleanse product like Absolute Acai offers a free trial backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Putting the Absolute Acai and Colon Cleanse to the Test

Both the Absolute Acai and Colon Cleanse arrived within 4 days of having placed my order online for the free trials.

The bottles I received contained a month worth of highly concentrated pills, which worked out perfectly as I was to follow the supplement routine for 4 weeks time and document my progress.

The Test: A Four-Week Combo Diet Using Absolute Acai and Colon Cleanse

Take one Absolute Acai pill per day (in the morning)
Take one Colon Cleanse pill per day (in the evening)

My Results
Week One:

After one week on the diet using both products I was surprised at the dramatic results. My energy level was up, and I wasn‘t even hungry. A welcomed side effect of the Acai Berry diet is its power to curb the appetite.

I honestly felt fantastic.

Best of all, I didn‘t even change anything about my daily routine. On Day 7, I got on the scale and couldn‘t believe my eyes. I had lost 3.5 lbs. But I still wasn‘t convinced, since they say you lose a lot of water weight at the beginning of any diet. I wanted to wait and see the results in the upcoming weeks. But it sure was looking up! I now weighed under 120 pounds for the first time in years!

Week Two:

After two weeks of using both supplements, I started the week off with even more energy, and actually sleeping more soundly than before. I was no longer waking up during the night and tossing and turning because my body was actually able to relax (this is a result of getting rid of the toxins, I think). Plus I still managed to lose another 7 pounds, putting me at an unbelievable 10.5 lbs of weight loss, in just 2 weeks.

I must admit that I‘m starting to believe that this diet is more than just a gimmick.

Week Three:

After 3 weeks, all my doubts and skepticism had absolutely vanished! I am down, 2 full dress sizes after losing another 3.5 pounds. And I still have a ton of energy. Quite often, around the third week of other diets, you tend to run out of steam. But with the Absolute Acai and Colon Cleanse diet my energy levels don‘t dip, instead they remain steady throughout the day. I no longer need that cat nap around 3pm in the afternoon! I am even noticing that my stomach is digesting food so much better. No bloating or embarrassing gas after I eat.

Week Four:

After the fourth week, my final results were shocking. I lost an unbelievable 18 lbs since starting the Absolute Acai and Colon Cleanse diet! Actually everyone at WeeklyHealthCanada is kicking themselves for not having volunteered to be the guinea pig. Using the Absolute Acai and Colon Cleanse in week 4 I lost 4 more pounds. The results are consistent! But to be honest, I really didn‘t have much more than that left to lose. I am definately going to continue taking the Absolute Acai afterwards because it has so many antioxidants and vitamins that makes my skin look unbelievable.

I couldn't be any happier with the results.

I Lost 18 lbs in 4 Weeks, No Special Diet, No Intense Exercise.

In conclusion, if you are a little doubtful about the effects of this diet, you need to try it for yourself; from our own test, the results are real. We at Weekly Health Canada had our doubts initially, but we were quickly turned into belivers. After conducting our own study, we are pleased to see that people really are finding success with the diet.

You can reach your weight loss goals with the Absolute Acai and Colon Cleanse combo diet,

Helen Cohen

Click Here To Get A Free Trial Of Absolute Acai (Offer Expires On January 23, 2010)
Click Here To Get A Free Trial Of Colon Cleanse (Offer Expires On January 23, 2010)

Using both products is highly recommended to get the results like mine, because one product alone may not help you achieve your weight loss goal.

Free trials are limited. Offers Expire On January 23, 2010

Would you like to share a consumer tip for next week? If so, please send us an email.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-19-10, 22:27
Armywife26

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I ordered Acai Berry before...didnt really work for me AND they do keep charging your credit card unless YOU cancel it.(The company that I used) It was a rip-off for me at least. Read the Terms and Conditions very carefully before you give them any info. Good luck :-)
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-19-10, 23:46

Plan: Carnivorous / WAPF
Stats: 168/152/145 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

I would call it a fad diet like a thousand others.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-20-10, 06:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/155/130 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I've heard by so many people that they too continue being charged on their credit card and they had a heck of a time trying to cancel the order. If you really want to "try" it, go to the GNC or other health food store and purchase one bottle. Also, I believe Dr. Oz, stated that the "berries" themselves are what is good for you, antioxidents. Plus, he said they have a very short shelf life. I personally don't believe in them, only because too many people didn't see, feel any difference while taking them. As far as a cleanse, I'm browse the internet for something natural, not processed.
Just be careful if you do order online or over the phone. Again, that's the biggest complaint I've heard, when people try to cancel their order, because it just doesn't work.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-20-10, 12:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/179/165 Male 68 inches
BF:26.5%
Progress: 50%

Group challenges acai berry weight-loss claims

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Consumers should be skeptical of health and weight-loss claims of the increasingly popular Brazilian fruit, acai, and the free trial offers that ask for their credit card information, a nonprofit health group said Monday.

The Center for Science in the Public Interest said companies offering free trials of diet pills made with the acai berries have bilked thousands of consumers using fake celebrity endorsements and blogs to lure customers.

Consumers are asked to provide a credit card to pay shipping and handling charges, but begin almost immediately receiving $80 to $90 monthly charges. Thousands of consumers have had trouble stopping those charges once they canceled the free trial offer.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/03/2...scam/index.html
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-20-10, 14:17
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you everyone for your responses. No I will not be ordering these!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-20-10, 17:56
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatzKatz

Ahem. Please scroll down to the bottom of that page, and read the disclaimer ..
Quote:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS

*CAREFULLY READ AND AGREE TO PURCHASE TERMS BELOW BEFORE ORDERING

This webpage is an advertisement. This page is a fictious demonstration of what an individual who uses the advertised products could potentially experience.

bla bla bla yada yada ... < snip >
Notwithstanding the fact that they misspelled fictitious .. it's an admission that the whole thing is a load o' b.s.

Caveat emptor, and all that ...

Doreen
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-21-10, 13:42
Registered Member

BF:

wow!

I didn't read that, I mean, there is such an information overload sometimes it is hard to just go and read everything.

hard to believe what people can get away with to make money at other people's expense in exchange for nothing!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-23-10, 15:21

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Also they usually have a bit where you are agreeing to pay for a monthly sum for some sort of diet advice club where they take something like £8.50 for ever unless you telephone the number and cancel it. And of course the number is always engaged or out of order!!

When you try to get your bank to cancel it there is a problem because they use a different company each month to claim the money, and of course they can supply your name, adress and security number as proof you agreed to it, even though you supplied those details for the original 'free' order to pay just the postage!!
Google acai berry scam for countless tales of woe!!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-23-10, 15:26
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

i would suggest you put your money in maintenance..
pedicure, manicure, facial, hair cuts and lightening..
don't waste your money on foolish items when we have saturated fat that keeps our colon sparkling clean.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jan-23-10, 17:19

Plan: Low Carb - High Nutrition
Stats: 213/175/175 Male 72 Inches
BF: Belly Fat? Yes!
Progress: 100%

I supplement with Braz A Vie 90% Pure Acai Berry on a daily basis. Very thick and tastes great.

We purchase it at Costco.

Bo

Last edited by BoBoGuy : Sat, Jan-23-10 at 18:08.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-24-10, 15:29
Registered Member

BF:

thank you all for the comments

does the berry juice from Costco help with weight loss?

and how much do you drink a day?
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jan-24-10, 17:50

Plan: Low Carb - High Nutrition
Stats: 213/175/175 Male 72 Inches
BF: Belly Fat? Yes!
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatzKatz

Does the berry juice from Costco help with weight loss?

How much do you drink a day?

I've not noticed any weight loss benefits and am very skeptical of the many claims of this benefit.

However, as you know, it does contain a remarkable concentration of antioxidants that help combat premature aging, with 10 times more antioxidants than red grapes and 10 to 30 times the anthocyanins of red wine.

I consume approximately two ounces (60 calories/8g carbs) daily.

Bo

Last edited by BoBoGuy : Sun, Jan-24-10 at 19:50.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-12, 07:22

Plan: paleo with L plates
Stats: 180/162/143 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 49%

Keen to cleanse a colon?

Try colonic irrigation. I remember having the most amazing feeling of happiness for hours. This was after the treatment, and the treatment itself was not terrible or uncomfortable.