Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-06, 13:14

Plan: IR
Stats: 220/217/175 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi, I am new to the sight. I have been on Dr. Heller's carb addition plan for about a month and have lost 13 lbs. I took the carb test and am severe which I already knew but until the book I did not understand my want to eat 24/7. I enjoyed reading your messages. I feel that the support group can really help. Tahnks Doris
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 19:58

Plan: not sure
Stats: 154/154/135 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress:

I cant go to this link for CARB Testing. Please resend..
Thank you,
KIM
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 06:59
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

#64   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 07:28

BF:

Hi, I left a message a few days ago introducing myself I am first time user of the board. I have a question can we use a product called Spry it is used in gum, ments, also is a sweetner it is recommended for diabetics because it has a low glycemic index. Would it be OK for the CAD program. I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks Doris
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 08:13

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bero48
Hi, I left a message a few days ago introducing myself I am first time user of the board. I have a question can we use a product called Spry it is used in gum, ments, also is a sweetner it is recommended for diabetics because it has a low glycemic index. Would it be OK for the CAD program. I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks Doris

Hi Doris- The Hellers do not reccomend using sugarless gum or mints b/c it will trigger your body to release more insulin. The only way I would use it if you had to have it would be right after a meal, sort of like brushing your teeth. It may be a YMMV type thing. But they do not reccomend it. I hope this helps.
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 10:12

BF:
Smile Thanks

Jill thanks for the help I feel lost on the different threads. I am new to the message board and have been doing the CAD for about 6 weeks now. I am really happy with the program it is working for me and no cravings I have lost 15lbs as of today. It will be nice to have a help line to talk to. Thanks again. Doris
  #67   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 21:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/197/155 Female 5feet 6inches
BF:
Progress:

hi to every body i am very new to the cad cal/calp diet,i've tried atkins i did lose weight but did not keep it off, i would really like to try something new,i started the cad from monday and so far every thing is fine but i am still wondering if iam doing the right thing seeing that i want to loose and not gained

i really need some insight as to what i should do and not do, are there any rules i should know about?

halla

#68   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-08, 23:23

Plan: animal diet
Stats: 217/211/170 Male 67 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Hm, link seems to be gone

Interesting thread, but the original link seems to be gone. Does anyone have another link to the content?
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-08, 15:39
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.carbohydrateaddicts.com/caquiz.html
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-08, 09:08
Registered Member

Plan: Stella/Carb. Addicts Diet
Stats: 238/210/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 29%

ok where did everybody go. more carb addicts please. let me know how u are doin out there. i am just getting started. are there any success stories to be told. has anyone reached there goal of better health and total weight loss?
  #71   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-08, 04:48

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 224/224/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

I took the test this morning and scored 100% also. I started on this way of eating right away. I am hopeful that it will work for me but have many doubts simply because I have failed on every diet I have ever tried (apart from one when I almost starved mysel to normal weight and then got pregnant and put all the weight back on again). I gained weight on Atkins, gained weight on Bernstain, managed to regain my lost weight while on Weightwatchers and Slimming World etc. Do you really think that at last I might have found a way of eating that will really work for me? I do SO hope it will.

I think I need a lot more information about the Reward Meal as the only book I have read is the original CAD book and all it says is that you can have whetever you want and try to make it balanced. I am waiting for the arrival of the Lifespan Program (it is currently not available from Amazon as it is out of stock - that is an indicator of its popularity).

I think I have to start my reward meal with salad. Anyway I will trawl my way through all this excellent information and find out.

Just need to say one thing - thank you all for being here
  #72   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-08, 10:07

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

(((Josiegirl))) Thank you for being here, hon.

jetinagain, how are you doing? Still on CAD? Sometimes it's slow around here as far as posting, but several of us journal; you might want to check out our journals as a way of seeing what we're up to. And maybe you could start one of your own--I promise to check in and post on it.
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-08, 09:35
Registered Member

BF:

i'm here, doing good on the program for 13 days. i have really only had 2 CAD meals and was very disappointed with the outcome. i seemed to have gained back 2 #'s that i thought i had lost. i don't have my books anymore. really going by memory until i can get to the ex's and get them again. does anyone know the rule for wine?
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-08, 10:59

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

I don't think there's a rule for wine. I think you can have it at your RM if you want it.

I'm not quite getting your post...are you saying you've been OP for 13 days, or are just now starting a 13 day regimen? If you only had two CAD meals, then you wouldn't be expected to lose weight. Do you mean two RM meals?

I hope we can help you more....
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-08, 07:57
Registered Member

BF:
Default starting new

ok i sort of...well i don't have a cad meal everyday. i don't want one everyday...so what i do is: eat low carb and have a cad meal about 1 or 2 times a week, only within the 60 min time frame. i try to keep my carbs around 12 per meal, with the exception of my cad meal. i have now lost 6 #'s. i think i paniced when i ate a cad meal last week and it seemed like i had gained 2 of the 5 #'s i had previously lost. i know i am not doing everything right, but until i can get my books back i am working on memory. please feel free to correct anything that i am wrong on. i am here for help. thanks for being here. i appreciate all of your support.