Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-08, 11:08
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I'm 51 and do great. I just don't know- can you post some of your daily menus for us? Use the Hour Power #2 thread, or make a new thread.
Why are you eating only twice a day? How are you feeling? How long have you been doing this?
E
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-08, 07:11
Registered Member

Plan: Evolutionary Diet
Stats: 170/137/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Hi Eno,

It's been just under a week. I decided to try a twice a day schedule as soon as I noticed my weight was going up. If my memory serves me, the original CAD book recommends this as an option for stallers and I also have been reading up on intermittent fasting. And this schedule worked well for me when I did this before. Anyway, I'm up another half pound today - now it's two and a half since I started. I like your suggestion to post my daily menu. Would be helfpul to get feedback. Thanks. S.
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-08, 11:24

Plan: non processed food
Stats: 165/114/119 Female 5' 7.72 /1.72 m
BF:
Progress: 111%

That's right.
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-08, 12:10

Plan: High fat LC
Stats: 437/349/134 Female 5 ft. 5 in.
BF:Next/Goal/350
Progress: 29%
Default No, no not my Kipper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudencemm
Can you tell me if kippers are allowed

Oh, no, Prudence, not Kipper! (Just kidding). That avatar of mine is now a brute of a 20-pound cat I named Kipper.

Z is right...kippers are okay and delicious I might add.
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-09, 08:41

Plan: Keto
Stats: 148/146/133 Female 5'4
BF:36%/23/?
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraswati
Hi Eno,

It's been just under a week. I decided to try a twice a day schedule as soon as I noticed my weight was going up. If my memory serves me, the original CAD book recommends this as an option for stallers and I also have been reading up on intermittent fasting. And this schedule worked well for me when I did this before. Anyway, I'm up another half pound today - now it's two and a half since I started. I like your suggestion to post my daily menu. Would be helfpul to get feedback. Thanks. S.

hang in there! I am VERY interested to see how this turns out as we have similar stats with regard to weight loss goals and prior outcomes on CAD. I once tried CAD and gained a little as well! My thoughts are that it works best for people that were really loading on carbs all day, so just narrowing it down to one meal is a huge improvement and they lose weight.

I am hoping to lose on Atkins, and then have about 2-3 days a week where I follow CAD rules. The rest of the days will need to stay Atkins at near induction levels. The CAD days will allow me a bit of a break. I did something similar years ago and it worked well until I got sloppy.

As a side note are you able to fast? I simply cannot. I get headaches whether I am eating low carb or not. I was amazed CAD author Racheal Heller could go all day so well.
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-10, 08:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/224.4/185 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hello All,
I am new to this diet. I started with Atkins about one month ago. I took off about 10 pounds. Then I went off Atkins for 3 days and gained all 10 lbs back! How depressing is that?!? So yesterday I started on CAD. I think I over did the dinner though. 1 1/2 hotdogs with buns, 10 onion rings & 10 tater tots, steamed swiss chard, Kale salad & a generous slice of cheese danish. I overdid it didn't I? I am very leary about this whole idea because of the RM. Is there anywhere to see peoples menus so I can see what other people are eating? There is some conflict going on inside me because it seems what the CAD book says and what people are saying here on the boards are different. The book seems to be saying things that are too good to be true. What you all are saying here on the boards seems more realisitic for weight loss. Anyone else feel this way? Have a blessed day
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-10, 06:14

Plan: Carbo Addicts' Lifespan
Stats: 165/157.5/138 Female 5 foot 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

I did well the first week on CALP, but then started to gain a little and was already thinking of giving up. I read the post on stalls and that changed everything.

I had added some cheese to my diet. Must cause a stall for me. I took the cheese out and am starting to lose again.

For some reason I wasn't hungry yesterday for the first time since starting CALP again. I must have gotten rid of the triggers. Yeah!

Pam

Last edited by Nalaxu : Fri, Apr-23-10 at 06:17. Reason: did go under right post
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Apr-19-11, 16:44

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Hi,
I lurk a lot but I'm back on the CAD again..sigh. Stress is the thing that makes me fall off..that an menopause

You can also change the meal that you use as the rm to see if that works. Right now I'm doing lunch as my rm. I started out with breakfast but it's hard to eat a large breakfast when I work. Other members also did the 2 meal a day option and did well with that. I'll report back.
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-11, 12:25

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

I just realized that I responded to an old post so I deleted it!

Sorry,
  #85   ^
Old Sat, May-05-12, 08:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/140/120 Female 5:4
BF:
Progress: 44%
Talking doing so well...heres what worked for me

I am severely hypoglycemic, did the six hour fasting test at the doc's. this is a problem because i produce excessive insulin which is known as the hunger hormone. any carbs set it off. weightloss is exceedingly difficult. Read the cad book years ago, and a lightbulb went on. wow. she nailed it. what causes low blood sugar is food,carbs or caffeine. I remember she said she stumbled upon the premise for this.plan on the day when she was too busy to eat all.day..so she didnt get to eat till dinner. she felt great all day and wasnt even that hungry at dinner.i remembered having days like that. i remembered feeling fantastic..hungry at times, but nothing tht could not be handled..i had no time to eat. ti tried the book..with the cm meals..howeever the trick for me is a hardboiled egg whenever i need it..maybe one or two during the day before rm...maybe a glass of unsweetened almond milk. thats it.no coffee..it releases tremendous amounts of insulin. you will be hungry. no tea. no soda,diet or not.note:alot of.the artificial sweeteners have a higher glycemic index.than sugar! Leave out any diet stuff. I only use pure stevia (not truvia, it contains large amounts of another sweetener) this is the first time in fifteen years since my diagnosis i feel normal. great energy,clear head,no more ravenous appetite,no more crippling fatigue for most of the afternoon. weight flying off. before i had no energy to work out. i do now. i dont need any food before or after. i try to look at the day as a cleansing fast, giving my tired old pancreas a rest from all this constant food i was eating.they always tell u you must five to.six times a.day when youre hypoglycemic. this means your already overstimulated pancreas and liver is. constantly working..still. with cad i give my body a chance to recover and just detox and just "be"...like i.said, my appetite has decreased dramatically which is.because my insulin production is near zero. at my rm i eat what i want,but im honestly not able to eat that much.i finally feel free from my severe food addiction.
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Oct-03-12, 21:47
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 190/184.5/170 Female 5 8"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedelfin
I am severely hypoglycemic, did the six hour fasting test at the doc's. this is a problem because i produce excessive insulin which is known as the hunger hormone. any carbs set it off. weightloss is exceedingly difficult. Read the cad book years ago, and a lightbulb went on. wow. she nailed it. what causes low blood sugar is food,carbs or caffeine. I remember she said she stumbled upon the premise for this.plan on the day when she was too busy to eat all.day..so she didnt get to eat till dinner. she felt great all day and wasnt even that hungry at dinner.i remembered having days like that. i remembered feeling fantastic..hungry at times, but nothing tht could not be handled..i had no time to eat. ti tried the book..with the cm meals..howeever the trick for me is a hardboiled egg whenever i need it..maybe one or two during the day before rm...maybe a glass of unsweetened almond milk. thats it.no coffee..it releases tremendous amounts of insulin. you will be hungry. no tea. no soda,diet or not.note:alot of.the artificial sweeteners have a higher glycemic index.than sugar! Leave out any diet stuff. I only use pure stevia (not truvia, it contains large amounts of another sweetener) this is the first time in fifteen years since my diagnosis i feel normal. great energy,clear head,no more

ravenous appetite,no more crippling fatigue for most of the afternoon. weight flying off. before i had no energy to work out. i do now. i dont need any food before or after. i try to look at the day as a cleansing fast, giving my tired old pancreas a rest from all this constant food i was eating.they always tell u you must five to.six times a.day when youre hypoglycemic. this means your already overstimulated pancreas and liver is. constantly working..still. with cad i give my body a chance to recover and just detox and just "be"...like i.said, my appetite has decreased dramatically which is.because my insulin production is near zero. at my rm i eat what i want,but im honestly not able to eat that much.i finally feel free from my severe food addiction.

I need to reread this often. I have been on plan except for coffee and diet pop..........this is a direct hit for me......and essential to remember
  #87   ^
Old Sat, Dec-12-20, 12:10

Plan: SEC
Stats: 198/183/150 Female 168 (5.512 ft)
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hey, long time.
Agreed. i do have tea + coffee in the morning at times both with a dash of cream within the hour. Better to stick to one cup. I make egg milk some days but think cream is better for my tea.

Bless ya folks.
  #88   ^
Old Fri, Dec-18-20, 14:55

Plan: SEC
Stats: 198/183/150 Female 168 (5.512 ft)
BF:
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy girl
Hey, long time.
Agreed. i do have tea + coffee in the morning at times both with a dash of cream within the hour. Better to stick to one cup. I make egg milk some days but think cream is better for my tea.

Bless ya folks.

*Should say within 15 min. At times I do enjoy a second cup with milk/cream though durring the day. That's why it is so good imho to find what works and not in both CAD and CALP - very helpful.