Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 08:22

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

Hi and hope everyone is having a great week.

Tracy.. glad everything is ok. Boy, when it rains it pours, doesn't it? Glad you had a CO detector.

I measure.. have much better results than weightloss.. BUT I also weigh to make sure I am not doing anything to sabotage myself. I weigh once a week, and weigh every a.m.

All of the names sound cute. I like the ones that make us sound powerful.

Take care, K
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 13:17

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Finally getting a handle on my eating again after the road trip. Yikes! I am still 2 lbs over my siggie, but won't change that yet - too depressing. Hoping I will see that number again by early next week sometime. Have a great week everyone!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 20:27

Plan: CAD
Stats: 250/245/200 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Tracy, glad you are okay. It is too bad you have to go through being sick though.

I am sticking as close to plan as I can. I am still off my feet and other people are cooking for me. That makes it a bit hard. Course I am not eating much where I am not moving around. I am just not that hungry. I am drinking a lot of coffee and water though. I had hives for 5 days and then stopped drinking diet pop and they went away... I guess I over did it. Hopefully I can go back to work next week. I see the surgeon on Thursday to get the okay.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 09:03

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

Wed. here's my daily plan.

Yesterday I did pretty good all CM but I had several snacks so I know that isn't recommended especially in the first 2 weeks, so my big issue is NO SNACKING today!

here's the plan

B- coffee w/ cream, 3 oz. ham

L- rotisserie turkey, salad w/ homemade italian dressing, 2 crepes w/ cream cheese and olives

Exercise- spinning class at the gym, then legs workout

D- salad, more rotisserie turkey, probably a krispy kreme or two.

How do you ladies feel about snacking? Okay or not okay, and how many snacks? And what do you eat for snacks?

Yesterday my snacks were mostly Laughing Cow Light French Onion Cheese (it's a triangle, about 1 oz.) and about 6 olives. Then I snacked on some pastrami, then I had a diet pepsi really late about 10pm.

Last edited by SummerSlim : Wed, Feb-23-05 at 12:14.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 09:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am having issues with irregularity. I am in no pain but I haven't gone (BM) in 4 days, and only twice in the last 15 days, and they were small amounts. What would you suggest, fiber or laxies? I was told fiber makes it "thicker", well if I am not going because it's too thick then that wouldn't work.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 09:37

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

Sue,
Glad you are getting back on track. I feel your pain.

Iateit.. Those situations are almost impossible to lose weight. Hope you are feeling better soon and back on your feet.

Summer.. I am not the best at judging others menus.. hopefully some others will chime in also. But snacking is not allowed. You can have one snack in the CALP book, but you have to watch it because of the insulin spikes. I don't lose when I snack at all. Also, the diet pepsi at 10:00 would certainly do me in. You raised your blood sugars right before bed. Try having it with your RMs. When I first started, I had to have the snacks. Zuleika in no uncertain terms.. told me to knock them off. Gradually I did.. felt better and things starting kicking in. Good luck!

Have a great Wednesday everyone, K
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 10:31

SSweet-
Thanks I needed that little 'nudge' in the no snacking direction. The first day I did great, then yesterday I wasn't working, so that's my excuse, too much time at home. I know the diet pepsi at 10pm wasn't great either.

My husband was eating, and I had to have something sweet. I should've just gone to bed, I could have used the sleep.

So far, I'm back on track today. And with some good tough planned exercise.

As for the problem with constipation, in the Hellers 7 day plan, they recommend 2 stalks of celery a day. So I'm going to try that, as it's often a problem for me, when I eat this way. Hopefully it will help.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 10:44

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Celery

I have been doing the two stalks of celery a day, most days since I read that book. I do think it is helping but I still occasionally take sugar free metamucil with my reward meal. I also use senna tablets which are a natural laxative, if I have gone a day or two without..well.. you know
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 11:22

BF:

Psyillium husks in water - 2 to 3 tsp in a tall glass of water. Mix and drink very quickly and then it is not too bad. Works!

Thanks, Softasweet - It is hard when one falls off the wagon, to dust oneself off and run after that wagon and hop on again. Yesterday was an okay day and today will be even better hopefully.

Snacking - I don't lose. I think with some folks it is important to give the body time to raid the fat stores - time when there is no food coming in. I think it is even more important on CALP than on Atkins or some of the other plans. Not sure why that is...
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 12:16

Okay with all this talk about no snacking, I decided to eat a little bigger lunch than planned. Probably 5 oz. turkey then 2 crepes, one with cream cheese and sliced olives-sounds strange but it was actually really good.

Now I just have to hold out until after I hit the gym.

I made the crepes last night, and I think I got the recipe off the 7 day plan book, they were a little tricky, you don't need much mixture at all for a thin crepe, and they are V.E.R.Y. good, I think they'd be a great wrap for tuna and/or cottage cheese.

What kinds of things do you like to eat for CM?
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 15:39
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

My CM for lunch was a hamburger and about 1.5 cups of leftover sauteed cabbage.
E

Last edited by Enomarb : Wed, Feb-23-05 at 15:40. Reason: spellling
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 16:36

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 185/169/163 Female 5'2"
BF:45%/39%/29%
Progress: 73%

I like Hour Power too!

I am in the middle of my 2nd week of CAD and really loving the plan. The best part is that my 15-year constant food obession is GONE. Sometimes I don't even want treats at RM. AMAZING!!! And I feel much healthier and with better energy than on Atkins.

So... newbie questions. The first week I went up 3 lbs initially and swung around a bit, but in week 2 I have been the same weight for 5 days. I know this is way too short to count as a stall...but I am wondering when some loss might show up. (It would help me be more patient). Anyone care to share how long after starting that you lost your first weight on CAD?

Also -- I have been having Splenda in my morning coffee and sometimes I have not started RM with a salad -- although other times my RM has been almost low-carb. Other than that I have been very careful, no snacks, no diet soda outside RM, etc. Does anyone feel strongly that either of my two bad habits will prevent me from losing weight -- or should I just "weight" a little longer and see?
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 17:19

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

wow look at how busy this board is.
Amy: Magnisum has relaxing properties so it will help you go. Take 400-800 this evening and it would do the trick. I am actually taking them in the eveing helps with sleep and regularity! I read that on another board! Surprised me!!!

Had such a busy day today...I didn't sit down all day except for like 5 min!!!!! I am exhausted!!!!

Time to go to a church meeting!! busy busy!
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 17:30

BF:

Hi everyone! I had a huge RM and went over my hour unfortunately. I blame it on the Champagne. One's inhibitions go out the window - I am SUCH a cheap drunk - getting that way after 2 small glasses! Anyway, I hope to have a "go slow" day tomorrow for a change. LOL

Selfcare, I am so happy for you that the cravings are under control. It's good to keep in mind the averaging of weight over two weeks - makes it easier to handle the inevitable ups and downs on the old scale. I think you can adjust your intake/calories to help see some movement on the scale more quickly. It is still about calories and exercise too - no question, however, with doing an end run on insulin, it sure moves things favorably towards success.

I'm exercising. Yay! I'm not drinking quite enough water. Will try to concentrate on that. Ummm, food intake, well - not too bad, but went over my hour and that's not good. That's it for me and drinking this week. I become a whole other person it seems - that hour begins to mean very little. Can you tell I'm still a litttle ummm a little inibriated. Bye everyone - have a good rest of the day.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 20:09

Plan: Lower Fat/Moderate Carb
Stats: 160/103.5/100 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hi, Thought I would check back in. I've been back doing some more Atkins; holding my own at least. Still trying to decide which way of eating I like the best.