Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-12, 14:52
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Eat-
welcome back. Of course this is a great plan for PCOS- have you found that area on the forum too? Scroll down on the FORUM JUMP and find it.

ANd post here too-
E
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-12, 14:44

Plan: Ketogenic Diet Dr Westman
Stats: 267/243.6/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi everyone! Count me in. I've been pop since December 16th.

I'm only weighing in at the beginning of each month but so far I've lost 2.5 pounds.
  #93   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-12, 16:45
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi DAR-
welcome back!
E
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-12, 14:16
Registered Member

Plan: Carb Addicts/Hellers
Stats: 293/218/175 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Back again

Hello all,
Glad to hear from all of you, and enjoyed rereading the posts. I found mine from September 2010, obviously more than a year ago, and my weight was the same. The OLD me would be beating myself up for not losing more. The new me (the WOL, no dieting, lifestyle is most important) says, "Hurray! You have not gained weight!" I read something from Dr. Oz recently (don't like his low fat more traditional approach, but I do like some of his psychological tidbits) and it said to get a routine and eat the SAME THINGS for breakfast and lunch. That really rang a bell for me. I have been all over the board, eating leftovers (always protein) and hotdogs and chicken for breakfast. That does not seem to hold my hunger as well as eggs. SO, I am back to eating fried spam and eggs every day for breakfast. (I know, I know, SPAM. But I love fried spam. Grew up in the south, can you tell?) Anyway, the eggs and spam keep me much more satisfied. Now I just need to add the spinach back in. I don't know what to do for lunch as I really hate salad, but I am thinking about possibilities.
Good luck to everyone, and I am thrilled to see all the new posts.
Marcy
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-12, 15:13

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpmd56
I don't know what to do for lunch as I really hate salad, but I am thinking about possibilities.
Good luck to everyone, and I am thrilled to see all the new posts.
Marcy

Spinach-cheese casserole...makes a great lunch imo (recipe that I use is posted somewhere in my journal I believe)..more eggs for you, and a way to use some of that spinach Only issue would be if you don't want to have cheese, as using two cheeses is a key component of the recipe.
  #96   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-12, 14:14

Plan: CAD
Stats: 238/236/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hi, everyone. Moana, here. What do I have to moan about? I wonder. Am 46 1/2 and promised myself at 20 I'd lose weight; at 30 I'd lose weight; at 40 I'd lose weight, always had all the time in the world, and now here I am still promising myself I'll lose the weight once and for all. I have failed at so many diets (or different ways of eating), but have finally realized that my insulin resistant problems are not going to go away if I continue eating carbs all day long. So, I remembered the CAD diet and thought that if I can't do Atkins, I could try CAD.

For someone who stuck with WW for 2 years and only lost 30 pounds even though I followed it to the T and starved half the time, I realized that calorie counting just isn't going to work for me. So a few weeks ago I started intermittent fasting (Fast-5) but didn't enjoy waiting so long in the day before I fueled my body, so I switched to CAD. I'm down two pounds and my clothes are looser and my shape is starting to punch its way out of my rolls.

So I'm here to get good snack/meal ideas, read inspirational stories and view inspirational photos, and basically just enjoy hearing about your success with CAD.

Good to be here!
  #97   ^
Old Fri, Feb-03-12, 20:26

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

I hope you find that this program will help you to fulfill your promise to yourself this time around.

The best suggestion I could give you would be to stick to the three simple guidelines and enjoy!
  #98   ^
Old Sat, Feb-04-12, 01:03

Plan: SEC
Stats: 198/183/150 Female 168 (5.512 ft)
BF:
Progress: 31%

Moana Lisa,
welcome to the happy diet!

CAD is wonderful and really works
  #99   ^
Old Sat, Feb-04-12, 07:25
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Mona-
welcome to this forum! Please use us for support and info- post lots, read lots and tell us all about you!
I am 55 and started this when I was your age- changed my life! But it is NOT a diet- it's a new way to eat.
E
  #100   ^
Old Sun, Feb-05-12, 14:14

Plan: CAD
Stats: 238/236/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hi, ladies. Thanks for the nice welcomes. I wasn't sure where to post my introduction, but knew that someone would see it.

I have been eating this way for about two weeks and am loving it. I am more energetic, my hips don't hurt after I get up from sitting too long, and my voracious appetite is under control.

It seems like I keep losing and gaining the same few pounds, though, but my body is definitely smaller and my clothes are fitting looser. I did WW at Work and all my co-workers lost easily, but I would go weeks without losing a pound and then drop three or four. I'm not letting the scale discourage me, though. I mean, I have too much to lose if I do and I don't mean weight!

Eno and Happy Girl, I have been lurking in the Daily thread for a week and really appreciate how much info you dish out to everyone, along with encouragement. You two and Hoppin and so many other ladies around here are my incentives to get my insulin resistance under control so I can start losing and maintaining.

Thanks again!
  #101   ^
Old Sun, Feb-05-12, 14:48
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

thanks-
and keep on doing what you are doing!
E
  #102   ^
Old Mon, Feb-06-12, 00:09

Plan: SEC
Stats: 198/183/150 Female 168 (5.512 ft)
BF:
Progress: 31%

Thanks Mona!

Hope you have a great day
and many more to come

Bless!