Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 13:24
Registered Member

Plan: WW/Atkins
Stats: 320/306/200 Male 69"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Lost 16lbs in first week!!

Holly cow! I lost 16lbs in my first week of the Atkins diet . I followed it to the tee and results were great. Had a little bit of a headache but that is norm. Kinda scarey though. That's a lot of weight to lose in a week. I am a carpet cleaner so I am always sweating it out. Drinking a lot of water and eating lots and lots of meat. Any ideas on any other breakfast meals besides eggs?? Can't do eggs and getting tired of hamb patty's in the morn.

Thanks for your guys support and will be turning to you guys when in a pinch .

Mike
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 13:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Yipee!

Check out the low Carb Recipes on the orange bar at the top - there are some breakfast recipes. My favorite is breakfast meatballs. Do a search in the recipe area - all kinds of great things!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 13:49

Plan: adkins
Stats: 240/225/150
BF:52%
Progress: 17%
Default BREAKFAST

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I too, was 'stuck' at breakfast but found turkey sausage to be a good deal! I really don't like pork much because it's too greasy - but the turkey provided the texture and lots of flavor without the grease.

I tried turkey bacon too....it's okay in the microwave.....yucky pan fried....

I have also done omlets - 1 egg - 1 cheese and a meat...

Good Luck!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 13:57
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Thumbs up Weigh to GO!!

That is GREAT! I bet that inspires you! I know my loss of 14# in a week sure inspired me! Keep up the good work!~ Why have to have eggs for breakfast? Sometimes I will take deli-thin-slices of roast beef or turkey breast, spread a thing layer of cream cheese on that, roll it up and eat it... but like was already stated, there are plenty of recipes on this forum, and if you need more, go to Google.com, and on advanced search, put in low carb recipes and there's mega sites for them. Happy hunting~
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-08-02, 11:38
Work In Progress

Plan: G.I. Diet
Stats: 323/284/160 Female 5'3"
BF:Size: 26/24/12
Progress: 24%
Default CONGRATULATIONS

What A Great Start!!!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 08:19

Plan: adkins
Stats: 240/225/150
BF:52%
Progress: 17%
Default breakfast meatballs

Talon,

I've looked in the recipeis under breakfast and under meats....am I being blind? Can't seem to find your breakfast meatballs.

If you have time could you please re-direct me or let me know how to make these...they sound great!

Thanks Bunches,
Amy
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 08:39
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

Congratulations. You are doing a wonderful job being in control. What a great post to read. Be PROUD!

btw...my favorite breakfasts are....

leftover chicken
leftover meatballs(hehehe)
leftover cheese burgers

total YUMMMM

keep up the great work.
cin
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 09:36
Registered Member

BF:
Talking

Left over chicken and burgers are the best!! I have also been having peperonies as a snack. They taste great. Also, fresh lunch meat from counter with mustard is a great way to snack. Had a hamb. bun last night and could tell the difference in hunger. Worked it off cleaning last night though. Why are there so many carbs in fruits? I love bananas and strawberries.

Mike
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-02, 09:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Here is the link, we use hot rolled sausage - really spices it up!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...kfast+meatballs
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-02, 11:52
Registered Member

Plan: Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 320/276/138
BF:45%/38%/19%

I have never been a big meat eater or ate alot of eggs. I buy whey protein powder shakes at my local health food store. 4 carbs in a 1/3cup (serving size) with a whopping 20 grams of protein. I add water to mine. Its very filling.It feels like I am cheating and eating sweets
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-02, 14:42
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Autumn. How are they? gritty or a lot of powder ever though you mix in blender. I tried a couple of different ones and couldn't handle the taste. I have just been trying bacon and meatballs for breakfast.

Mike
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 07:35
Registered Member

Plan: Insulin Resistance Diet
Stats: 320/276/138
BF:45%/38%/19%

I buy the "Now" Brand vanilla flavor. I add a little almond flavoring and a little vanilla extract it makes it taste alot more like a treat, you also add a touch of splenda to it. I mix mine in my blender and its not gritty at all. I think the whey has a much better flavor and blends better than the soy.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 20:07
Registered Member

BF:
Default Lost 4lbs my 2nd week

Well, I lost 16lbs first week but then only 4lbs my second week . I am kinda bummed but at least its a loss. I am having pains on my side. I have been told by a doc that I need my gallbladder out. So meat diets are tough for me to process. I am gonna try to cut back on meat intake. I will just be cutting back on size of my meals. Any help or ideas would be great .

Thanks guys
Mike
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 06:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 370/270/160
BF:50%/36.6%/24%
Progress: 48%

Hi Mike,
You lost TWENTY POUNDS IN TWO WEEKS and you Are BUMMED OUT???? Get outta here! That is Fantastic! Holy cow, man, whatcha want??? If you don't want that loss, I'll take it, no problem! Really proud of you!

Yup, the GB thing- been there, done that. It is actually the fat in your diet that will get things in an uproar, rather than the meat. You might be able to stall the inevitable surgery by reducing the fat while keeping up the protein- you know, you have completed your first 2 weeks of induction, so add in more carbs with some green veggies but only to the point where you still remain in ketosis. At this point, I would add in small amounts of green veggies withevery meal, even breakfast- celery;spinach, cabbage, lettuce. Veggies for breakfast seems weird, but you can always work in a stick of celery. Also try smaller, more frequent meals- that should help too.

If you have gallstones, then you might as well schedule the surgery and get it over with. If you don't, you are running a risk, as the stones may get bigger and may eventually get stuck in the bile duct, possibly requiring more extensive surgery on an emergency basis, which, trust me, will come at the most inconvenient possible time in your life.

Trust me, Mike, the procedure is a piece of cake now, requiring an overnight stay, or sometimes in and out same-day. They use an endoscope now, and just make a few very small incisions for the scope and a few instruments. It's done under general anesthesia, and first they puff up your abdomen by blowing in C02, then locate the gallbladder, cauterize the base, and "suck" the little bugger, plus resident gallstones, out through the scope! A few tiny stitches, and DONE! Afterward, pain is very minimal- a little IV Demerol or Morphine, and then you feel really good. Post op pain is minimal- I only required one dose of Demerol after surgery and felt fine later. Most of the after affects come from the general anesthesia, and also from the C02 in your tummy- the residual gas left in there rises and presses against your diaphragm, and you may feel some funny pain or discomfort in your shoulder. If you know what it is, you won't think it much; if you aren't warned, you will think you are having a heart attack! That is why I tell you now! If you get up and walk around as soon as possible, and stay on fluids that first day, you'll be back to normal in a day or two.

Afterward, this diet seems to suit those of us without gall bladders very well. Without a gall bladder, you simply can't STORE the bile that helps digest fat, but your liver is still secreting bile all the time. Before Atkins, and after my GB surgery, I tended to get diarrhea after eating a fatty meal, but apparently that was just in combination with high carb foods. Now on Atkins, everything is totally normal.

I know Mike, you probably are just THRILLED at the idea of having the surgery. I stalled on that. I am a nurse, and I knew exactly what was wrong with me, even without the tests, but just couldn't make myself do it, until I wound up in the ER in the middle of the night, doubled over with pain and nausea. OOOooo, that was fun. Don't go there! I waited so long, my gallbladder was gangrenous, and I almost croaked. Just another hard-headed nurse!

Good luck, and hope this helps.
Kat
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 10:18
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Kat. I know what I need to do. My wife is an ultrasound tech. She was the one that found it. And of course, the one that told me I need to get it out!!! We will have Kaiser insurance in Dec. I will be scheduling one then. I know 20 lbs in 2 weeks. WHat the heck am I thinking??? Just a lot of things going on right now and feeling sorry for myself I will hang in there because I need to lose the weight!! Thanks for the greens. I love a salad. Maybe Chicken salads will work in morn

Thanks again Nurse Kat

Mike