Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-11, 08:55

Plan: Dukan (was Atkins)
Stats: 326/238/188 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Stop these monsters munching NHS cash

I thought I would share the following item from a column in the Daily Mail from Richard Littlejohn, Friday, February 4, 2011. (richard.littlejohn~dailymail.co.uk) (I have emailed him to suggest that he challenges his attitudes and that I am mightily offended.)

"Stop these monsters munching NHS cash

"A couple of years ago, hospitals were hiring welders to reinforce maternity beds because of the ever-expanding girth of some mothers.

"Now we learn that the NHS is having to buy super-strength hoists to lift patients into ambulances. They are even installing heavy-duty toilets. Not a pretty thought.

"In the West Midlands, some hospitals are gearing up to handle people weighing anything up to 40 stone.

"Special vehicles are being ordered at £90,000 a pop. One NHS Trust has had to find an extra £1million to upgrade its ambulance fleet. A new tail-lift alone can cost eight grand.

"These gutbuckets aren’t all ill, they’re just plain greedy.

"Next time you hear of operations being cancelled and wards closed because of the ‘cuts’ think of the money being spent on an increasing number of slobbering, selfish monsters who think it is their divine right to eat themselves into Emergency Ward 10 at our expense."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...l#ixzz1DBsBjtO7

Last edited by joycie : Sun, Feb-06-11 at 08:56. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-11, 10:31

Plan: Zero Carb
Stats: 420/275.6/189 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Well that person is about as fat-bigoted as anyone I've heard of for a while
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-11, 10:45

Plan: tasty animals with butter
Stats: 170/115/110 Female 60"
BF:maintaining
Progress: 92%

I wonder if he would accuse people suffering from heart disease as slobbering, selfish monsters. Same poison, different symptom.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-11, 13:26

Plan: IF
Stats: 350/235/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:generous
Progress: 57%

Littlejohn's bigoted moron who thinks his writing is more complex than Tolstoy. That said, he has no right to say what NHS pays for or not as he lives in Florida (and far from respecting the culture he immigrated to like he expects people who move to the UK to do, he takes every opportunity to belittle most Americans as ignorant yokels when they appear in his column) and doesn't pay for the NHS. He's not a resident. He's not entitled to or responsible for the NHS.

The people who take him seriously hated fat people before he wrote this article. Don't worry. They don't need him to stoke any bigotry (for fat people or otherwise), but his brand of column helps sell Daily Heils.

[For people from outside the UK who might not know all the terminology in the links, the BNP is the "British National Party" is a neo-Nazi party which has had a rather spectacular rise and subsequent fall here in recent years. While not all Littlejohn fans are BNP supporters, I am sure most BNP supporters are Littlejohn fans. Will Self is a contemporary British author.]