Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 10:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/181/145
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Help

I'm stuck at this weight for almost a month now. What am I doing wrong? I had diet barq maybe that was wrong? But I lost 5lbs the week I had Pepsi One. Maybe I need to exercise? Or could it be that I'm not eating enough calories????? I started out losing at least 5 a week!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 14:02

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 356/332/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Hi Sweetie!

How about you post a few typical menus. I think we could help you better if we could see what you are eating.

molly
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 22:03

BF:

I have a few posted in my journal

I usually eat things like a bowl of oatmeal 3 days a week and then no grains the other days
bacon, eggs, chicken, squash, green beans, beef steaks, pork steaks

I was doing great then wam.....but I do know the last 2 weeks about I haven't been able to eat regularly and that results in not eating as much as usual. Also the Barq which I REALLY like and want to keep drinking. On Mondays I get a cheese burger with bacon from wendys w/ out bread maybe it's the cheese?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-02, 08:53

BF:
Default Hello LB Dropper!

I took a look at your journal and I have a few suggestions.

1) I noticed on some days that you had quite a bit of bread. I find that I cannot have more than 1 slice of whole grain bread a day and lose weigh. If I want a sandwich cut the bread in two pieces and make a half a sandwich. Load the bread up with lots of turkey or roast beef, lettuce, tomato and a good slice of sweet onion...mmmmmm... heaven!
Or I often take a PBJ to work with me ... SF Peanut Butter and ALL-Fruit on whole wheat... have a few raw veggies on the side... makes a tasty lunch.

2) I assume that you are having Instant Oatmeal for brekkie. I know the SB books includes that in the 14 day meal plan but I don't think instant processed anything is a good idea. Try lower GI Old Fashioned Oats or Steel Cut. You can even put them in the crockpot the night before and its good to go when you wake up. Or nuke 'em. It doesn't really take that much longer and you will have real food.

3) Girl where are your veggies????? I'm going to be forced to report you to the veggie police. And fruit???? Fruit makes a great portable snack. Just keep and apple or an orange in your back pack to have between classes. You need the nutrients that fruit and veggies give you.

4) Are you drinking enough water? Water helps me more than anything else.On the days that I get plenty of H2O I can count on a weight loss. Plus it makes our skin look great!

Hope these ideas help.
molly

Last edited by molly1844 : Sun, Dec-08-02 at 16:01.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-02, 13:47

BF:

I've been cutting the bread out because it tends to make me feel sick. The oatmeal? Is that the one in the round canister? If so I am going to get it tomorrow. I will only have oatmeal on Tues and Wed and then getting off of it. I'm trying so hard to eat veggies, but I just don't like them. I grew up eating them at every meal and I guess I'm sick of them. I'm going to try to start eating raw veggies once I get to my parents this week. They always have a lot around and my mom cooks veggies better than me! I was able to hold my breathe and eat a cup of eggplant last night. I'm working on the water. I drink about 3/4 a gallon right now. Is Crystal light powder allowable?
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-02, 15:59

BF:

Yep- you want the round canister but make sure you get the "Old Fashioned" kind and not the "Quick" variety.

You really don't have to give up the Oatmeal for Brekkie unless you just want to. It is SB Legal.

How about Cereal? Shredded Wheat & Bran is good. Or Puffed Kashi.

I make a yummy Rice Pudding that I eat for breakfast sometimes.

That being said. I find that for myself at least I lose better with a Protein Breakfast.

As for veggies: I like a good Vegetable Soup. Make a big pot and you can eat off of it all week. I even stuff my omelets full of veggies --- usually whatever is left over from supper the night before.

Crystal Light is legal. Aspertane does stall some people though.

molly
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 21:06

Plan: sugar busters
Stats: 220/220/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Rice Pudding

Hi Molly,
I read this and would love your recipe for rice pudding. I assume you use brown rice.
Still looking for the bread machine recipes. I don't know if it isn't there, or I'm just lost! Thanks.
Marybee
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 04:53

BF:
Default Hi Marybee

Sorry for the delay. Haven't been able to get on-line for a couple of days --- oh the joys of techology! LOL!

The recipe for bread is on our Bread & Muffins Recipe Thread on this Forum.

I'll try to post the Rice Pudding Recipe this evening.
molly