Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 10:00
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Amy

I'm glad you looked in, I wish more people would!!! The more people learn about the good carbs the better, although I believe in low carb - to an extent it's awfully frustrating to hear all carbs given such a bad rap because of extreme plans like atkins - o no all my freinds on the atkins board will be bonking me now!!!!- but I'm not trying to tell them what to do, or sway them from Atkins not at all.

Too bad about your intolerances, they can be difficult to isolate, and elimination diets are such a drag aren't they. I tried to put my youngest son on one a long time ago - behaviour problems- but he wouldn't bear with it long enough to come to any conclusive results - there was one week he enjoyed though basically everything except potatoes had been eliminated and he was eating a lot of fries!!!!

Do you know how you react to legumes - beans, lentils etc?

Sometimes when an intolerance has been identified, there are solutions for it - I have heard of cases like that but don't know the procedures, maybe an allergist or nutritionist would be something to try, I know though how tired you are trying to "fix" the problem, it would be great to just eat wouldn't it? without the worrying about the consequences of everything we put in our mouths.
Good Luck finding your solution.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 06:57
Stepford Malfunction

Oatmeal, plain fat free yogurt with dried apricots cooked and pureed (verrrry good)

cream of leek soup (now all gone - no one else would eat it???) large vegetable salad with can of salmon mixed in and couple tbsp ceasar dressing .

dinner - black bean soup, some finn crisp crackers w/lite cream cheese and apricot puree

One things for sure when I make a pot of soup - I make a pot of soup!!!!! Also depending on the type of soup - I am often the only one who eats it so I have quite a soup supply available.

Not - I found the cream of leek soup very satisfying, even though the black bean soup contained a lot more fibre, the leek soup left me feeling almost unable to finish the meal several times. That might just be a personal thing tho.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 15:25

Plan: New Glucose Revolution (ex Montignacer!)
Stats: 155/125/120
BF:
Progress: 86%

koko - have you tried that homemade muesli recipe i posted a little while ago - i'm addicted to the stuff

it might be a nice change for breakfast for you - it fills me up for hours and hours!

spang
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 18:42
Stepford Malfunction

Great Idea Spang,

I'm printing it out now, (faster than lookin in de book) then I'll put it in the recipe section for easier finding by others. (once I start I'm obsessive )

It sounds great, and I'm always ready to try something new.

#20   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 07:41
Stepford Malfunction

Yesterday -

Breakfast - double serving All Bran, Plain yogurt/pureed apricots

Lunch-....small bowl of black bean soup(the end of it!!) large salad of mixed greens/chicken/dressing

Dinner -.....cream of Mushroom Soup (HMade) Large Greek Salad

Snack - ....3 rye crisp crackers /low fat cream cheese

I made the mushroom soup, not a Montignac recipe but simply used the recipe in Joy of Cooking and in place of the white sauce used evaporated skim milk diluted 1/2 - its not the creamiest soup, but quite good.

Finally I got around to dealing with that poor eggplant, I made ratatouile, Montignac has a recipe for it but since I had my Joy of Cooking Out I just used the recipe in there - not much difference.

I'll post the recipes later. I store these recipes in stor'n/serv type containers in the fridge - The rest of my family runs screaming when they see me stirring something like the ratatoille on the stove

I was going to make Spangs musesli but had no apple and am low on yogurt - so maybe I can get those things today and make it up for tomorrow - my tastebuds await that treat