Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-12, 22:57
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 172/159/130 Female 67ins
BF:
Progress: 31%
Question Anyone combined a smidgen of Atkins "net carbs"?

To expand the eggs and cheese which are my only CM protein options, I was thinking if I see enough progress to try out having half a Haas avocado, which I gather from Atkins is low in NET carbs...

Has anyone else tried this, while still doing primarily CAD/CALP or eating one main meal a day/IF (intermittant fasting), and making a <8g carb snack + coffee with cream your only other intake?

Possibly not, but "if you don't ask you won't get"!

Edit to add I KNOW avocadoes aren't a high-protein food but they are quite fatty and I love 'em... and my night-time CM is a snack, not a meal.

Last edited by MrsSnape : Mon, Jan-02-12 at 23:59.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-12, 10:59

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

There have been many times where I have included an avocado in my CM. I have always mentioned when I write them down in my menu that they are not considered CM according to the CALP program, but I enjoy them anyway since they do not set off any cravings or problems with me.

I love this program because I am in charge. The guidelines are easy to follow, leaving it up to me to decide what I am going to eat each and every day, and I would never want to change the freedom I feel.

My mind will continue to remain open when it comes to food and how it affects me. My goal has always been to become fit and healthy so any knowledge that I can develop in that department will always be welcome.

Best wishes to each and everyone of you for making the best choices for you too!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-12, 06:21
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 172/159/130 Female 67ins
BF:
Progress: 31%
Thumbs up

Thank you for replying!

That gives me hope... I'm only on Day 3, I think I'll give it another week and then I should know my reactions better, and I'll try then: that's very helpful to know it works for someone else, I seem to remember a few times throwing together a quick meal of av & cheddar and finding it very satisfying, without the "slump" afterwards, so fingers crossed!