Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-11, 10:51

Plan: calp
Stats: 196/140/137 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Recomend any journals?

Hi this is my first post. I am struggling at the moment with this WOE. I am nearly at goal and have that terrible feeling of it all slipping away from me as has happened so many times before when I lose weight. My binges are becoming more frequent. Anyway I would appreciate if anyone could recommend some journals to read on the CAD/CALP WOE as i think this may help me.

Thanks for listening,
TC
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-11, 10:59

Plan: Cambridge diet
Stats: 275/220/155 Female 158cm
BF:
Progress: 46%

Have a look at Candiflip's journal - she's amazing and maintaining well!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=47586

HTH
x
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-11, 14:21
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi TC-

first- welcome! There is research that posting online helps maintain weight loss- really! I found this site after almost 6 months on CALP, and it made a world of difference. to me. As you can see, I am 7.5 years in. I will help as much as possible.

Don't wait another minute to head over to the Premaintenance and Maintenance area- scroll down on the FORUM JUMP on the bottom right of this post and you will find it. It is just what you want- read lots of posts and threads. There are reposts of other blogs too-
excellent! And start to post a lot- once you reach 25 posts you can send private messages.

I don't have a journal- but I'm here almost daily.

Please tell us more about you too- you can do a really long post and tell us what happened last time, what is happening now. How did you lose your weight,- lots of anything you want to tell us!
This WILL help-
E
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-11, 09:20

BF:
Progress:

Thanks Wildeone I will read that journal as soon as I get a moment.
Thanks Eno for the welcome and your advice. I have just found this site lately and I love reading all your posts on the hourpower thread. I think I will also start posting there too as the support and ideas there are great and as you said it could help me to stay on track.
I find your story soo inspirational. To be 7.5 years in maintenance is amazing- well done you. If you don't mind I have a couple of questions I would love to ask you.
Before you lost your weight did you yo yo diet or binge eat (as I do)? If so has the CALP woe helped to stop the binges?
Do you ever have bad days now where you loose control and just eat loads of carbs?
As for me, I have been dieting since I was 8 years old. I have lost and gained so much weight over the years. My happiest time was when I reach 9 and half stone through exercise and low calorie diet. But I didn't keep the weight off for long and binged my way back up to 12 stone. After my last pregnancy 2 years ago I reached 14 and half stone and that was the lowest point ever in my life I was so depressed and life was just existing for me. That was 6 months ago when I just said enough is enough. I started the CALP woe and exercised hard 6 days a week and i have now lost 4 stone. I have been very strict on this woe of eating and I suppose most days would be more Atkins style than having a rm because i just wanted to loose the weight quickly. Now I am near goal I could relax a bit and try and enjoy my rm's but as I said earlier the craving to binge has creeped back into my mind and I am soo scared that all the weight I have just lost is going to pile back on again- like so many times before.
So I think I am at a critical point where i need to sort my head out, stop the binges and try and maintain the weight loss i have achieved. Its strange though, I am finding it difficult to not diet or try to loose weight! For as long as I can remember my eating has always been dieting or binging. I have never just ate normally (not even when I was pregnant). I know this sounds silly and so many would love to be where I am now and don't get me wrong I am over the moon with my new figure. But very scared that i loose it. It feels like hanging off a cliff edge by my finger nails.
Any way that's a bit about me for now. Sorry if the post sounds like i am moaning too much I promise I wont be so negative when I join you guys over in the Hourpower thread. And thanks to everyone who posts I find all your advice and knowledge so helpful.

Thanks TC
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-11, 16:04
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
I don't ever go off plan, and I must not have the kinds of cravings you have at RM.
I know you are not alone- there are so many people her to share your story and who understand.
There is an "Emotional Issues" thread area where you can post about how you are scared and post about the binging and cravings. We will help you here.

It is a very different place to maintain and not lose. I just stay on plan - this is not a diet, but a way of life.
Do you walk much- that can help. Not eating sugar for RM seems to help some people too.
I'm glad you are here-
E
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-11, 16:25
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 173/150/145 Female 5' 7'
BF:34/28.8/25
Progress: 82%

Well done TC, your progress is amazing! You are not alone girlfriend!!! I've been having the same worries lately (see my recent posts on the "Hour Power").

I'm always trying to fight my desire to just pig out, on the few times I allow myself a RM. I'm sure that's the problem, but when I allowed myself a daily treat at RM the problem was even worse for me because once I get a taste of that carb or sweet thing I just want more and it's hard for me stop at a single portion. I believe it will always be a lil bit a struggle/balancing act for me but I'm hoping it get's easier once I'm in maintenance mode. My plan is to keep checking in here w/everyone and fess up to what I've been doing. When I don't have to answer to anyone it get's easier to go off plan.

I'm here for you!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-11, 16:27
Registered Member

Stats: 173/150/145 Female 5' 7'
BF:34/28.8/25
Progress: 82%

P.S. TC - I'm disgusted at Eno's stable "never go off plan" way of life. I'm so jealous of her willpower and stability. No offense Eno, you know I love you LOL
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-11, 18:31
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

I feel the love!

no really- this is the only way I can do this. I am sooooo convinced that it is all about the insulin- I can't go off. I was so sick/fat on low fat- and I have 'met' too many people here who go off for a day/week/vacation/holiday and never get back on.... and it is 30/50/100 pounds later. Staying OP is easier!
love you too-
E
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-11, 22:38
Registered Member

Stats: 159/143/130 Female 161 cm
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default you guys are great

Wow - the positivity and encouragement on here is amazing

Eno you are truly inspirational

I'm in a recovery program for my drinking problem (AA) and have just got back on these boards to address my eating issues

They are interlinked

Eno you are a testament to the promise of recovery from unhealthful eating and interestingly like in AA one of the greatest tools in recovery is giving back - its the 12th step.. helping others

Not to rant and rave about AA its just I see the likeness so much in your journey .. not only do you keep accoutable by coming on here but you are also helping so many people.

I've been lurking around these boards for years and do you know when I'm ever wanting inspiriration or encouragement I log on and read what you've been up to to prove to myeslf that freedom from constant dieting/binging is possible if you get your insulin under control (as you have)

Sorry for long rant - I just wanted to tell you how you probably dont even realise how many people you've helped all over the world! (I'm in New Zealand!)
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-11, 02:43

BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the support swtmelissa and Bluebell it really helps. And I agree with you about logging on and reading what Eno has been up to. It gives me hope too.
Well the last two days I have been very naughty and carbed out. I didn't even try to stop myself. I had such intense cravings and I was just drained from the whole mental fight. So I allowed myself whatever I wanted and although I knew I wasn't doing myself any favours the tension release from the struggle in my head was a relief. But today is a new day and a new start and i am feeling determined to stay OP. The next three days will be the hardest for me but once I get past them i should do fine. I also read the book again which has motivated me. Two things I forgot from the book that I am going to start again- To take the Chromium supplements and reduce my caffeine intake. I drink a lot of tea, no coffee. About 6 cups a day with a teaspoon of milk. I live in Ireland so tea drinking is part of the culture. But I am going to def cut down to 2 cups a day at the most see if it helps. Anyway am looking forward to getting back on track and being free from the binge monster in my head. Usually I lurk around here reading all the helpful advise and so on but I am going to start posting on the Hourpower thread because I think it will help me stay OP and I've never had anyone to talk to about my eating. As so many of you know its a big secret that you battle in your head on a daily basis. Well that's going to change for me too. I am going to let it all out to you guys! LOL. Hope I don't drive you all crazy. For the first time ever I am considering maintenance so a few new behaviors might all help.
So hope to chat to you all on the Hourpower thread at some point and share all my ups and downs with you.
Thanks again for listening and sorry if I go on too much.

TC xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-06-11, 19:39
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
TC, I am glad you are going to post daily on the HOur Power thread. Make that a new habit- it will help. One day at a time- right Blue?
Blue, I am inspired by you. Going to AA is one of the best things you can do- if you really work your program and work your steps it can change your life- I've seen it happen. The food and alcohol are linked- both addictions- and in the US we even have a group called OA- overeaters anonymous. 12 steps for food addicts.
Thank you for the kind words too. And you are right- I do this to give back and help others, but it also helps me. I do think "if I eat that I have to post about it....not worth it." I got some flack this weekend from my family when I wouldn't eat the carb only brunch they had- but it is my body not theirs. If my body worked like theirs I could eat like them, but my body is different.

about being positive- I never changed because someone was critical and mean- it just made me feel bad about myself. I really believe that we want to change- we have to do it ourselves- but having someone give you a hand / hold your hand really helps.

New Zealand! WOW!

Later-
E