Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 15:18

Plan: Grapefruit/Low Carb Plan
Stats: 172/165/158
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up The Grapefruit diet/2 page plan

I started out about a month ago doing SP, but I wasn't really losing any weight. My husband didn't get it and was doing a half baked version in which he gained about 5 Lbs. We travel a lot, and SP was hard for us to do on the road.
A friend of ours who had about 85 Lbs. to lose went on a diet after having a medical emergency. I believe her doctor gave this diet to her. She's lost about 45 Lbs so far. This plan is easy to understand because all of the instructions are included in 2 typewritten pages (which makes it possible for my husband to follow it). It is basically very low-carb, but includes 1/2 a grapefruit or a glass of grapefruit juice with every meal. I have lost 6 Lbs. in the last 8 days. This is a 12 day plan. 12 days on- 2 off. Repeat as necessary. It seems to be working, and we both feel good. I swam for 1/2 hour in the ocean this morning AFTER an hour of Pilates at my gym, and I felt great- not tired at all. Has anyone else done this diet?
I'm planning to check out SS and a couple of other plans for after the first 15 Lbs. have come off, because I need to relearn how to eat.
Thanks to everyone who tells about different versions that work for them.

Last edited by bajabarb : Mon, Jun-30-03 at 15:47.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 08:57

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%

is the diet called the grapefruit diet, what do you eat, i may try it.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 20:19

Plan: Grapefruit/Low Carb Plan
Stats: 172/165/158
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Stallqueen

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but my husband and I were out of town. Anyhow, I started to type this in, accidently hit the Tab key and lost the whole damn thing. There are two fairly long lists of stuff you can and cannot eat, but here's a synopsis:The diet excludes ALL white vegetables including white onions (?), high-carb stuff (you know, rice, pasta, potatoes, sugar, etc.), and all fruit except grapefruit, all caffeine and milk. No celery (!) Go figure...No eating between meals. No liquor.
Breakfast everyday: 2 eggs cooked any style
2 rashers bacon
1/2 grapefruit.
Lunch everyday: Salad, any dressing
Meat(fish, seafood, poultry), any amount
1/2 Grapefruit or 4 oz. juice
Dinner everyday: Vegetable, any red or green,
cooked w/butter or any seasonings
Or salad
Meat as above
That's basically it- You can have decaf coffee (1 cup) and decaf soda at will. You can have a glass of tomato juice at bedtime for a snack if you want. If you want more info, ask and when possible, I'll answer.