Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#301   ^
Old Mon, Dec-11-17, 10:56

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Morning!

How's everyone today? Happy Monday! I am babysitting again today with my sick DGD. She has a bit of a cough and was running a fever yesterday, so I have her today & tomorrow.

A day or two a week is ok. I have never had the kids more than 3 days or occasional 4th day because of my son's work schedule. I am getting too ancient for full time care though...lol. I've always been a kid person, I know some people are not. One day a week works for me and one on one is easier too.

I have a little bit of a cough myself ( ...mmm wonder why).

Bernie...I hear you on the kids personalities. My daughter has more traits of her dad than my son does. She is more opinionated for sure! Plus she is more sensitive to what is said to her. A little harder to get along with I would say. I am easier going than the rest of them (JMHO).

Jo... on your maintaining your ideal weight! Like you I had my children early & am a kid person. It's too bad your girls don't want children, but of course it's their choice. They still have time if they have a change of mind.

Karen... I can understand not wanting to take care of little kids 7 days a week at an older age.

It's a real madhouse at the stores right now. Not liking that much. I went to one store yesterday but gave up because of the large crowds. Driving, parking and shopping on weekends is the worst around here. Luckily we have Amazon!

Enjoy your Monday all.
Sponsored Links
  #302   ^
Old Mon, Dec-11-17, 14:39

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

No grandkiddies today I usually have Monday’s off!
Today I went to have my eyes 👀 checked. I have one eye farsighted and one near sighted so monovision. I can wear just one contact and readers. That is a pain so I get both but the right is blank.
Jo.... congratulations 🎉 on another landmark maintenance achievement! Awesome job ! I do enjoy kids. But never wanted more than one or two!

Karen.... I am so glad you enjoyed your holiday adventures! Shame about over priced steak 🥩 but I bet delish!
De.... I still have a little ticke and a. Cough but then so do the grandkiddies! I hear you on the crowds no thank you!
Have a marvelous Monday and take care of yourself!
  #303   ^
Old Tue, Dec-12-17, 05:44
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Tuesday, 12 December 2017

Happy Tuesday, Warriors!

Have a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:
"Do whatever it TAKES, whenever it needs to be DONE, regardless of whether you feel like DOING IT OR NOT!"
~ Greg Hickman
Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Winter Concert tonight... makes me sad that this will be the last Winter Concert I will have with my guitar kiddos performing...

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I am babysitting again today with my sick DGD. She has a bit of a cough and was running a fever yesterday, so I have her today & tomorrow.
Awww poor lil' one, hope she feels better soon!
Quote:
I have a little bit of a cough myself ( ...mmm wonder why).
Same here with the cough thingy and I know why ~ we keep exchanging the same illness back & forth at school...pfffffffffffffffffft!
Quote:
Jo... on your maintaining your ideal weight!
Thanks, my friend!

Bluesinger (Glenda) said yesterday in my journal that "maintenance is the hardest thing". Here is my response to her post:
Quote:
You're totally correct, maintenance is hard. There aren't as many personal validations as before, like seeing the scale go down, clothing not fitting as tightly, peeps noticing the weight less and congratulating us when we're on the road to reaching our weight goals, etc...

BUT and this is a big BUT, maintenance sure beats the ever livin' daylights outta being morbidly obese or trying to lose the weight all over again!

My personal validations these days are 1) stepping on the scales every morning and seeing the results of my continued hard work, 2) knowing I am doing everything with in my power to go kickin' and screamin' into my 60s and beyond in the best health possible and 3) never having to shop in the women's or PLUS size depts to find clothing that fits.

There are more, of course, but those are the ones that readily come to mind at the moment!
Quote:
Like you I had my children early & am a kid person. It's too bad your girls don't want children, but of course it's their choice. They still have time if they have a change of mind.
Yeppers, always their choice and I support whatever they decide, of course!
Quote:
It's a real madhouse at the stores right now. Not liking that much. I went to one store yesterday but gave up because of the large crowds. Driving, parking and shopping on weekends is the worst around here. Luckily we have Amazon!
It's stories like these that make me so glad I live in my lil' burg and often wonder what I will have to live with once I move to Phnx...
Quote:
Enjoy your Monday all.
Mine was terrific but went by tooooo fast. Hope your Monday was terrific too!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
No grandkiddies today I usually have Monday’s off!
Nice! Hope you got a chance to just chil-lax!
Quote:
Today I went to have my eyes 👀 checked. I have one eye farsighted and one near sighted so monovision. I can wear just one contact and readers. That is a pain so I get both but the right is blank.
Imma glad you're able to see!
Quote:
Jo.... congratulations 🎉 on another landmark maintenance achievement! Awesome job !
Thanks!
Quote:
I do enjoy kids. But never wanted more than one or two!
We sure have had a lot of sharing with all the Warriors about our desire for kids (many, few or none) and how we handle or would handle babysitting our grands.

Good insightful conversation, ladies!
  #304   ^
Old Tue, Dec-12-17, 08:54

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

JO I bet that concert rocks and who can ever go wrong with Rudolph!!! Glad you are enjoying your talent of giving people a fun time at the holidays hearing great music from talented kids, that is a great thing

Oh yea grands are so different for all and the age ya get some I think plays big into it for sure

DE, yea thing is when kiddo spits out some kids I will be WAY older for sure.....hey your schedule is not that bad, and after your troubles, I know you cut back to be safe. Plus one on one is WAY easier than a 'few' at a time LOL Kids in small doses is a world of fun vs. kids in large doses usually means some trouble is coming LOL

Bernie, wow on the eyes. nothing is simple is it? what a pain. I mean I am now getting that 'old vision' where I can't read a darn thing up close but I can spot a ground hog behind weeds, in a field, near a ton of trees from like 5 miles away HAHA
AND when driving, I can barely find all the 'buttons' to push in the darn car it has so many options and without readers I can't do it...lol...I mean come on ya know!

Hey all
off getting final shop done
easy Xmas here which I love love love
Things are going good and simple and fine and I like it just like that....kiddo pulled 'too tired for school' and I said get out of this house to school or you are dead meat'....she went without a hitch HA.......push the momma too far ya know I give her alot of off time from school due to great grades but hey, but this old momma knows when she is being played a bit too much HA

great day all
  #305   ^
Old Tue, Dec-12-17, 17:47

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

A quick drive by my DGS is having his Xmas concert!
Heading over now!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself
  #306   ^
Old Wed, Dec-13-17, 06:17

BF:

Bernie hope the concert was great

Hey all
running errands again
little of this and that
kinda do nothing type day here

have a nice rack of ribs for tonight to eat up --YUM

great day all
  #307   ^
Old Wed, Dec-13-17, 15:14

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Karen..... concert was so festive! I had a wonderful time! Got home slept 3 hours and started work! Today I tired 💤 home and bed for this old gal!
Hello to Jo and De!

Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #308   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-17, 04:34

BF:

3 hrs. for sleep, so not enough and I bet you had to ZZzzzz more! Glad you got to rest up and relax a bit! Glad the kiddies kept ya entertained

HEY ALL
do nothing day again for me...well this and that but nothing pressing at all that will annoy me

Didn't bother with the outside lights yet, pretty sure it ain't happening, just not in the mood at all to bother. eh, whatever, we are fine with it.

wrapped alot of filler presents and done so very very caught up now with the holiday.

great day all
  #309   ^
Old Thu, Dec-14-17, 13:02

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Karen..... Yepper 3 hours not enough for this old gal! Slept about 7 hours feel good! I didn’t put up much for Xmas this year either. Just lights on bushes and my holiday wreath. I figure once this stuff starts dieing I won’t replave!

Xmas at sister in law this year is December 23rd. Only appetizers. I be good eat before and there is always devil eggs!

DD is making roast in crockpot for our Xmas eve celebration!

Xmas day is whatever I want! I work Xmas night so the rest of crew can celebrate!

Hello to Jo and De! Stop in and let us know how you are doing?
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!

Last edited by Bernie2014 : Thu, Dec-14-17 at 13:12.
  #310   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-17, 05:28

BF:

Yea Bernie, curious on DE and JO. They need to pop in and say HI

I did the same on decorations. As they died I never replaced them and I am down to a string of lights, our giant green wreath and the little dog in the santa hat that lights up and even those don't grab me to bother putting out HA HA

Your food sounds very good Bernie, very controlled as us warriors do......would you believe they all want lasagna for Christmas dinner here? Which is fine, I will make a big old mess of chicken thighs and I will eat those. Anyone who wants one with their lasagna can have one also. The 'dinner' just isn't traditional anymore for us....we eat whatever we want.

Nothing much doing today.
little this and that as usual
Cold here!

everyone have a great day
  #311   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-17, 12:45

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi Guys,

I've been sick and I got my DH sick. I got sick from the grandkids. It's a bad cough and all that goes with it. Achy all over, headache, ears hurt, throats is irritated. Haven't been able to sleep much. Will be so glad to get this over with!

Finally got my daughter and family's gifts sent. Boy is mailing something pricey! If feeling good enough I plan on getting my cards done this weekend.

Next year I will send everything amazon!

Hi Bernie & Karen.....Where's Jo?

Warrior on...
  #312   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-17, 13:48

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

De.... sorry to hear you are sick 🤒! Sending feel better vibes your way! This is the first week I am starting to feel better from the sinus infection and the cough I had!

I am worried about our dear Jo! Hopefully just busy with real life!

Karen.... lasagna sounds delicious! My DSGF family are doing chik Parmesan for Xmas this year. Seems a lot of families changing it up. I use to make a low carb lasagna with just ground beef layered with cottage cheese mixed with eggs no tomato sauce but hot sauce on the cottage cheese. More like a lasagna bowl!

Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #313   ^
Old Sat, Dec-16-17, 05:37
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Saturday, 16 December 2017

Happy Saturday, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing you a totally spectacular day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:
Stop the mindless wishing that things would be different.

Rather than wasting time and emotional/spiritual energy in explaining why you don't have what you WANT, start to pursue other ways to GET IT!

~ Greg Anderson
Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Been a few days since I've been on here which is unusual for me...

Tuesday's Winter Concert was amazing! Didn't get home 'til after 8 pm, of course I got my second wind and couldn't get to sleep. Slept in later than I usually do Wednesday morning, so I didn't get a chance to come in here.

On Thursday morning, my internet was totally wonky

I felt like I had time traveled back to the days of "dial up" speeds.... Grrrrrrrr! So I didn't get to post in here like I wanted.

Came home Thursday night sick as a dog.

Let's just say my bathroom was my bestest friend all Thursday night and all day yesterday. If I wasn't in the bathroom, I was sleeping like the dead. I guess I was fighting something nasty and slept it off. Whatever it was is totally gone now... So I am a happy camper!

On another note: Hard to believe that Winter Break will be here Wednesday! I can't wait!

Karen:
Sounds like you've got a handle on your Christmas and you're taking it easy! Hope you still get a chance to go on your beach trip!

Berni:

I know your DGS's Christmas concert was a blast!

I the kiddies' Christmas concert, most esp the elementary ones. There's always one kid or another that's goofing off or acting silly and making us laff!

Great plan for eating before or after with your SIL's appetizer Christmas get-together. I know you go for the people and not the food. And that's why you're a Warrior member of TEAM 5%! Woot! Woot!

Awwww so sweet of you to work Christmas eve so that the rest of the crew can celebrate Christmas.

Sounds like your Christmas plans are über low-key for sure! Much like mine since Imma not doing anything spectacular, yet...

De:

So sorry to hear you and your DH are sick. Hope both of you are feeling better today!

Crud is floating around our school, takin' out students and staff! We even have strep going around and around...

Oh yea, mailing stuff these days is über expensive... I like your plan to shop Amazon next year & save on the cost of shipping!
  #314   ^
Old Sat, Dec-16-17, 06:13

BF:

WOW DE sounds like you guys got hit hard. Not sleeping enough is rough also. Hopefully you guys can get rid of this sooner than later!!

Bernie, so they are doing chicken parm!! very cool. Yea the old turkey and ham is just too confining and no one really wants the big old dinner with sides anymore around here. Keeping it basic and easy, that is mostly what we all want LOL
LC lasagna bowl, with hot sauce? ok now I read everything HA

JO, yikes. Sounds like you have it rough like DE for sure! But at least yours went thru your body and ya seem on the mend.
Wonky internet? that stinks, feels like my world closes off when that happens Glad things are getting more settled for you.

HI ALL
off to mom's today
hit grocery store for all her fixings for making a lasagna. She is in the mood to make one and I told her to go for it.
Then home to do mostly nothing, little this and that. Most holiday stuff is done so I am safe on that part.

great day all
  #315   ^
Old Sat, Dec-16-17, 14:40

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

I have finished Xmas shopping ! Got DD and DSIL presents, batteries, and wrapping paper. I ready. Make sure all grandkiddies stuff has proper batteries and built.

Jo.... So happy to see you back! Made my day!

Karen.... enjoy 😉 these precious moments with mom! I miss my family terribly during the holidays! I know I have my kiddos and my extended family but I still miss them!

De.... feel better!

Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!