Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#286   ^
Old Wed, Dec-06-17, 13:07

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Feeling much better with sinuses! Yeah!
Back still just a tad sore when I move the wrong way but getting better every day yeah!

De.... that is the hardest taking care of sick grands! They miserable and the little ones just cry! Poor babies I just cuddle them and try to keep them
Comfy!

Karen.... yep I put those decorations up during our warm spell. I just do the bushes have an angel and wreath. That it! I like those light shows but they like 39 bucks no way!

Jo.... I trying every day to post because I also luv when all the warriors post! Yepper Jo I have the grandkiddies all Xmas break!
But weather permitting we will do libraries. Indoor play centers and I got them tons of arts 🎭 and crafts for Xmas!
Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
Sponsored Links
  #287   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-17, 04:45
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Thursday, 7 December 2017

Happy Friday Eve, Warriors!

Hope this finds all of you doing well!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:
One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to GIVE UP instead of what they have to GAIN!
~ unknown
Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Our temps finally reflect December weather around here... brrrrrrrrrrrr for sure.

It's gonna be a high of around 35 today! "Supposed" to get some snow flurries around mid-morning. If that happens and it's heavy enough, we could be released early. We shall see...

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
WOW everyone is coming down with something, some form of crud. This is a giant HOPE EVERYONE FEELS BETTER FAST!! to all
I know right? Thank goodness we can't infect each other on here... oh WAIT, wouldn't that be a computer virus????
Quote:
Hubby got some form of crud also.
So far I am good...knock wood.
Kiddo feels better so all good there and hoping we all hold and do better for the month now and leave the crud at the doorstep!
'Tis the season for crud... pffffffffffffft! Hope Tony recovers quickly and everyone stays healthy so you all can do your Winter RV trip to da beach!
Quote:
Yea the electronics just weren't there when I was younger. I just didn't ask for 'big $$' stuff like the kids are wanting today on the market. I was 'more my age and got more age appropriate things....kids now at 12 are like they are 18 or something! woof!) I guess we just bob and weave thru it all and get what one can get and call it a day Title of millionaire won't be on my name in this lifetime LOL so I have to watch how much ya push at the holidays but good thing kiddo knows there are limits.
Quote:
thinking today, might not bother with the small few outside decorations we have left (sun/dry rot has taken alot of those to the landfill now and I am sure not buying anymore in this lifetime).....but my mind is more like, bleck, why bother. We have the tree inside which is cheery, I am thinking I am not bothering with outside stuff this year. I am not in the mood and hubby wouldn't bother if I don't say let's do it, and kid is just too lazy to even think of tackling it So if momma don't do it then it doesn't happen and I think momma ain't doing it this year LOL

eh whatever, might get a decorating bug later cause I have time to put out some stuff, but will see and what goes down, goes down.
Sounds like no one has any preference either way about Christmas decorations outside your home...

I'd say save yourself some work now and later and NOT put any up! That's my vote...if you're looking for votes!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Feeling much better with sinuses! Yeah!
Back still just a tad sore when I move the wrong way but getting better every day yeah!
Imma so glad you're on the mend! Hope your back is a none-issue real soon!
Quote:
Jo.... I trying every day to post because I also luv when all the warriors post!
Me too!
Quote:
Yepper Jo I have the grandkiddies all Xmas break!
But weather permitting we will do libraries. Indoor play centers and I got them tons of arts 🎭 and crafts for Xmas!
Sounds like you have a lot scheduled to keep those grands busy and entertained. Find time for YOU too, my friend!

I truly applaud all the grandparents that provide daycare for their grands on a regular basis b/c their 'rents are working. I honestly don't know if I could commit to that full time, KWIM?
  #288   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-17, 05:39

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Bernie so glad you are on the mend. Seems your holiday time might mean you are then healthy and can enjoy without being icky

Yea I saw those light shows. I have a rancher home and figure they would show better on a 2 story home so I won't bother getting one either but they are cool looking LOL

Yea JO I doubt anything will go up outside. I mean I have time but if it is only left up to me, and no one asks me about it, then I am keeping my mouth closed and not volunteering at all....if kiddo comes and says--hey lets decorate outside, then I might have to do it but only if she gets interested...so just letting it slide for now and see where we land on it.

kiddo is hoping for a snow day friday. storm is rain/snow mixed and just forecast those words and school is closed instantly around here.

we got a cruddy little storm coming and it is his low 40s and into like 25 at night and that is just too darn cold for this old gal HA

JO I am amazed how the grandparents that pony up so much care for their grandkiddies. I would not be one at all, warned my kid already and she is only 12 HA HA....told here no way I am doing full time care ever in any way. BUT THAT IS because of my age mostly. retirement and college hit at the same time and I told her by the time she spits out kids I will be way too old to even consider doing it but I told her I would send a check if required for helping

nothing much doing
this and that and some final things to get handled and day shouldn't be a pain, should go smooth and easy

great day all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, Dec-07-17 at 05:45.
  #289   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-17, 10:08

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Morning All!

Trying to finish my shopping...had a break helping out with grandkids. DDIL is having early signs of impending labor...it could stretch out or be sooner than later, time will tell. She needs extra help with the kids right now so I'm helping with school drop off & pick up in addition to taking care of sick ones. Luckily DGD is feeling better today.

A couple of things I ordered for Christmas aren't going to make it...even though when ordered they stated they would, what a pain. Anyway, hoping to get more online done today, still waiting on a couple things. Need to get things mailed soon too. Will be glad to have this behind me and relax! Have to hit a couple stores too. Then I have to do my wrapping.

All this and my usual household chores and taking care of my pups are keeping me busy! Can't imagine all this and a regular job too, even though I miss working at times, mostly the interaction and pay check. I seemed to get it all done somehow when working!

I'm just not the type to not help with grands when they are right here! Sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed, but I wouldn't change it for anything.

Have a great day all...
  #290   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-17, 11:26

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Sinus are draining and feel good!

Back feels much better! I am limping a little!
We have snow ❄️ just a dusting!
Jo.... thank you so much for the kind words on taking care of grands! I guess I remember having no help and pAying for childcare and the stress. Figure make it easier for my kiddos! I do get a little frustrated when DD forgets to say thanks or expects more. She stops herself but sometimes she just expects it perfect!

De.... Wow you have a lot going on.

It is getting exciting by you with the new little one coming!

Karen..... Big snow ⛄️ storm they say heading south! We got a dusting, today temps in the 20’s today here!
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #291   ^
Old Fri, Dec-08-17, 06:04
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Friday, 8 December 2017

Happy Friday, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing you a totally fab-tastic day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“Successful people make MISTAKES, but they don’t QUIT!”
~ Conrad Hilton

Woot! Woot! All the HC Warriors posted yesterday! Right ON!

We got our snow flurries yesterday around mid afternoon... nothing to write home about b/c as it fell it melted away... It stayed around mid 30s all day, seriously brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Today our high is "supposed" to be around mid 40s and clear as a bell! Then we're gonna start climbing to the low to mid 50s...

Karen:
Quote:
Yea JO I doubt anything will go up outside. I mean I have time but if it is only left up to me, and no one asks me about it, then I am keeping my mouth closed and not volunteering at all....if kiddo comes and says--hey lets decorate outside, then I might have to do it but only if she gets interested...so just letting it slide for now and see where we land on it.
Sounds like a plan!
Quote:
kiddo is hoping for a snow day friday. storm is rain/snow mixed and just forecast those words and school is closed instantly around here.
Usually if we have any weather like that here overnight, they will either close schools for the day or have 2 hour delays since we have kiddos that are bused to the schools in town from the mountains... it's a rare thing for sure, but it happens!
Quote:
we got a cruddy little storm coming and it is his low 40s and into like 25 at night and that is just too darn cold for this old gal HA
Yeppers, you're getting the same weather we're having!
Quote:
JO I am amazed how the grandparents that pony up so much care for their grandkiddies. I would not be one at all, warned my kid already and she is only 12 HA HA....told here no way I am doing full time care ever in any way. BUT THAT IS because of my age mostly. retirement and college hit at the same time and I told her by the time she spits out kids I will be way too old to even consider doing it but I told her I would send a check if required for helping
That's cool that you'll send her $$$ to help out with daycare, if needed!

I really don't have to worry about it since both of my girls have stated point blank that they don't want children. The youngest one will be 31 on 17 Dec and not in a serious relationship. The oldest DD will be 33 on 23 Dec, her DH has a 21 yo son and since I don't live near them yet, I can't very well babysit if they do decide!

Seriously though, it makes me sad that they don't want kiddos...ain't nothing I can do about that... <insert Heavy Sigh here!>

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Trying to finish my shopping...had a break helping out with grandkids. DDIL is having early signs of impending labor...it could stretch out or be sooner than later, time will tell. She needs extra help with the kids right now so I'm helping with school drop off & pick up in addition to taking care of sick ones. Luckily DGD is feeling better today.
I know you'll keep us posted on your DDIL!!

Can't wait to hear that you're a grandmother again!!!
Quote:
A couple of things I ordered for Christmas aren't going to make it...even though when ordered they stated they would, what a pain. Anyway, hoping to get more online done today, still waiting on a couple things. Need to get things mailed soon too. Will be glad to have this behind me and relax! Have to hit a couple stores too. Then I have to do my wrapping.
Sorry to hear that some of your orders won't arrive in time for Christmas, what a pain!

I hope you'll get all the shopping, wrapping & sending done soon so you can just kick back and chil-lax!
Quote:
All this and my usual household chores and taking care of my pups are keeping me busy! Can't imagine all this and a regular job too, even though I miss working at times, mostly the interaction and pay check. I seemed to get it all done somehow when working!
Quote:
I'm just not the type to not help with grands when they are right here! Sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed, but I wouldn't change it for anything.
I know exactly what you mean.

For all my blistering about it, I think you know me well enough to know that I'd help my girls too if they needed me with the grands...

Berni:
Imma so sorry I forgot to say this yesterday but I wanna wish you a belated:

HUGE HUGE CONGRATS on your 2nd Maintenance Anniversary!!!!

Quote:
Sinus are draining and feel good!

Back feels much better! I am limping a little!
Imma glad your improving every single day...Imma sorry to hear you have a lil' limp goin' on...
Quote:
We have snow ❄️ just a dusting!
Precursor to what's headed your way??? Hope you guys have a mild winter this year!
Quote:
Jo.... thank you so much for the kind words on taking care of grands!
Well you and De are amazing!
Quote:
I guess I remember having no help and pAying for childcare and the stress.
I didn't have childcare since I didn't work outside the home. But we always lived over 2000 miles away from any family and my ex was always deployed... so I was solely responsible for my 3 kiddos...
Quote:
Figure make it easier for my kiddos! I do get a little frustrated when DD forgets to say thanks or expects more. She stops herself but sometimes she just expects it perfect!
That's one of the things I hate to see happening to you ~ I don't want them to take you for granted or take advantage of what you offer them since it is PRICELESS!

I sincerely hope that your DD and SIL realize what a gem you are & how much $$$$ you are saving them each week b/c as you well know GOOD childcare is expensive!
  #292   ^
Old Fri, Dec-08-17, 14:03

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

How are you doing today?

DS started PT today! They say his knee cap is popped out! Sounds painful but with exercises they can maneuver it back in!
Sunny 😎 here today but cold snow ⛄️ coming tonight!
Karen..... they have crab 🦀 legs on sale at Albertsons or Jewel! Thought of you! How is the weather there today! Did DD get off!
Jo.... Thank you so much for remembering my two year anniversary! I feel so blessed to have found this woe! I looked back over our previous threads and re read Dr A book. Just seems so clear each and every day the choice I have made. I have a metabolic disorder and my prescription is Dr A plan.
De....how is it going?
Have a fantastic Friday and take care of yourself!
  #293   ^
Old Fri, Dec-08-17, 21:32

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi Warriors...

Yay Bernie...congrats on your 2 years in Maintenance!

Jo..you got snow...wow. We had a pretty nice day today. Didn't need a coat when I went outside.

Karen...just wait...you might feel,differently once you become a grandparent! Ya never know!

My family thanks me a lot, along with "we owe you" for helping with the kids. Plus the love and hugs I get from the kiddos melts my heart. ❤️

I'm going to start wrapping gifts this weekend and get a package sent Monday and then fill out a few cards. Then I am mostly done.

#294   ^
Old Sat, Dec-09-17, 07:45
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Saturday, 9 December 2017

Happy Saturday, Warriors!

Take some time today to just chil-lax to take care of YOU b/c you're WORTH IT!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“The difference between a SUCCESSFUL person and those that are NOT is lack of will.”
~ Vince Lombardi

Not doing too much today but the usual workin' the w/e "to-do" list... I can't believe the start of Winter Break is 10 days away... Imma soooo looking forward to that!

Tuesday is our Winter Concert !

It makes me sad to think that this will be my last Winter Concert...the district is still being PITAs about my lack of musical education...

Anyhoo...
I wrote a version of "Carol of the Bells" for guitar. I shared it with our music director and his string quartet will play it with us. It's gonna ROCK! At least I think so!

We're also playing Feliz Navidad and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer... We like to keep the concert down to an hour since its in the evening and makes it a very long day for the students and staff!

Berni:
Quote:
DS started PT today! They say his knee cap is popped out! Sounds painful but with exercises they can maneuver it back in!
Lordy that does sound painful! I suppose it's much like a dis-located shoulder, once it gets put back to rights, BOOM! You start feeling better right away...

So how long do they foresee him doing PT?
Quote:
Sunny 😎 here today but cold snow ⛄️ coming tonight!
'Tis the season my friend! Stay warm!
Quote:
Jo.... Thank you so much for remembering my two year anniversary!
My pleasure since you needed to be recognized for your hard work and maintenance record!!!

You are NOT at all as vocal as I am about announcing maintenance updates, milestones, etc...which IMHO, shows others on this forum that this WOE really is sustainable.
Quote:
I feel so blessed to have found this woe!
ME too! I also feel blessed that I have been able to maintain my weight loss, which is what every single person on these threads want to accomplish!

We are LIVING the DREAM, my dear dear Warrior sisters!!!
Quote:
I looked back over our previous threads and re read Dr A book. Just seems so clear each and every day the choice I have made. I have a metabolic disorder and my prescription is Dr A plan.
Yeppers, I totally agree since I have the same carb processing metabolic disorder and sure, we can't cure it, but we know how to CONTROL it!

Just like Dr. A said here in A' 72 pg 261:
Quote:
"I have an illness, a lifelong illness. I can't cure it, but I can CONTROL it!"
De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Yay Bernie...congrats on your 2 years in Maintenance!
We'll be celebrating your 2nd Anniversary in Maintenance in less than a month as well! I can't wait to bring out the pom-poms again! Woot! Woot!
Quote:
Jo..you got snow...wow. We had a pretty nice day today. Didn't need a coat when I went outside.
We don't have windows in our school, so if one of the teachers hadn't come to my room to tell me about it, I would have not seen it! Blink and it literally was GONE!!!!
Quote:
My family thanks me a lot, along with "we owe you" for helping with the kids. Plus the love and hugs I get from the kiddos melts my heart. ❤️
Imma glad they realize how truly precious you are to them...and Awwwwwwwwwwww on the "love and hugs from the kiddos"!
Quote:
I'm going to start wrapping gifts this weekend and get a package sent Monday and then fill out a few cards. Then I am mostly done.
Sounds like everything is rollin' along and soon you'll just be enjoying the holiday season w/o all the prep stuff/gifts etc!
  #295   ^
Old Sat, Dec-09-17, 07:45

BF:

Bernie, congrats on 2 yrs. Your maintenance day and my bday are the same, I always crack a smile on that one

Glad you are feeling better.

Yea we got like 2 inches which is mostly an ice slick now out there. Worrying about our back pasture trees but I think we will be ok. I despise the white out there HA
It looks like it is gonna stay for a bit cause temps are so cold.

DE, that stinks you can't get some stuff you ordered. I had that a few times. Luckily my list is small this yr since kiddo bought 1 big present and the rest is fluff so I got away alot easier on it, I don't have alot coming online thankfully, all my few things will make it before Dday

Nah, I hate to say this but I am not a kid person. Never was. I am not the type to babysit grandkids, well of course I would do small babysit type thing, but I would never take on 7 day a week childcare so they can work. Not me, won't ever be me lol....I know, some can easily do this, me, nope I know me, I won't be doing it. But like I say, when she pops a few out way down the line I will be alot older than most of ya'll younger grannies makes a diff. for sure I think, the younger granny got some spunk left, I will be that way older granny!

JO, alot are opting for no kids. I was in that category til I got married and the hubby wanted at least one and he got one. I could have married a guy who didn't want kids kinda either and I would have been fine with that also. But now that I got my one I am super glad I had that one LOL Hey whatever floats your boat on the family life right? Whatever fits your style.

Hey all
we got the dreaded snow. omg 2 icy inches. yea it is real, it is out there, it stinks and it is driving me crazy Pretty to look at for like 2 mins. and then I start growling at it HA HA

around 11 we are going to pick up kiddo's friend.
Then the other one up the street will come down.
Leave around 4 or so for the holiday light festival at Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. Hours are 5-9. Huh seems early, you would think open til like 11 but they aren't. Well that will be enough holiday lights time.
Then back home for sleepover and I will get rid of them by 12 that next day so all of them can go home and sleep it off and get good for school the next day.

Our school screwed up. Kid was 55 mins. late getting home yesterday. Snow started at 12:30 and came hard and fast. They let the kids out at 2...1/2 hr early...by then roads were a mess (which is surprising here cause it usually melts fast on the roads but not this time). Busses had a hard time......what gets me is this is the school system that shuts the school down the night before IF THE forecast even says 'chance of snow 10%' LOL and here they pulled a blunder for sure. Kiddo said all the teachers were freaking out and moaning about driving home on the roads and more....a ****up for sure on their part on this one HA

All I can do is pray for the fast melt now LOL

All good here. nothing doing except for kid invasion in the house and our adventure out tonight. Hope it goes smooth on those roads for all this crap

great day all
  #296   ^
Old Sat, Dec-09-17, 12:32

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Been snowing all morning! I have been working on my things to do list! I made sure and got everything done at the grocery store before the snow ❄️!
Jo.... DS will have to go for 4 weeks to get muscles around knee caps stronger!

Karen.... Have fun at the light fest and enjoy the sleepover! I liked when they were at my place always knew what they were doing!

De.... so glad they are thankful for you and I also luv those hugs 🤗 from grandkiddies!
Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #297   ^
Old Sun, Dec-10-17, 05:55
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 10 December 2017

Happy Day, Warriors!

Have a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

"There are no secrets to SUCCESS. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure!"
~ Colin Powell

Karen:
Quote:
JO, alot are opting for no kids. I was in that category til I got married and the hubby wanted at least one and he got one. I could have married a guy who didn't want kids kinda either and I would have been fine with that also. But now that I got my one I am super glad I had that one LOL Hey whatever floats your boat on the family life right? Whatever fits your style.
Weren't you older too when you got married?? I mean, like not in your 20s?

My only concern is that my DDs won't regret their decision later in life, KWIM??
Quote:
we got the dreaded snow. omg 2 icy inches. yea it is real, it is out there, it stinks and it is driving me crazy Pretty to look at for like 2 mins. and then I start growling at it HA HA
I heard that it was moving away from you and headed north!
Quote:
around 11 we are going to pick up kiddo's friend.
Then the other one up the street will come down.
Leave around 4 or so for the holiday light festival at Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. Hours are 5-9. Huh seems early, you would think open til like 11 but they aren't. Well that will be enough holiday lights time.
Then back home for sleepover and I will get rid of them by 12 that next day so all of them can go home and sleep it off and get good for school the next day.
How fun for your DD!
Quote:
Our school screwed up. Kid was 55 mins. late getting home yesterday. Snow started at 12:30 and came hard and fast. They let the kids out at 2...1/2 hr early...by then roads were a mess (which is surprising here cause it usually melts fast on the roads but not this time). Busses had a hard time......what gets me is this is the school system that shuts the school down the night before IF THE forecast even says 'chance of snow 10%' LOL and here they pulled a blunder for sure. Kiddo said all the teachers were freaking out and moaning about driving home on the roads and more....a ****up for sure on their part on this one HA
WOW that is a royal f***up for sure.

Imma sure you were fit to be tied since your DD was so late... did she txt you to keep you posted???

Bottom line should always be better safe than sorry. "They" are lucky that none of their buses were in accidents with all the bad roads! Idiots! Hope all the teachers and staff made it home safely as well!

Our kids live on base so they are "walkers" and for those that live off base, their 'rents bring 'em to and from. But if the weather gets bad, our district thinks about the staff heading home too, not just the kiddos and those kids in town that are bused to schools...

Berni:
Quote:
Been snowing all morning! I have been working on my things to do list! I made sure and got everything done at the grocery store before the snow ❄️!
Imma glad you got to the store before it got too bad!
Quote:
Jo.... DS will have to go for 4 weeks to get muscles around knee caps stronger!
That's good news and 4 weeks will go by quickly!
  #298   ^
Old Sun, Dec-10-17, 08:07

BF:

JO, so you are saying that your base school has no bus schedule kinda thing. walkers and car riders? That is wild actually LOL
I never think of a school without the dreaded bus routes happening

Yea I was like 34 when I got married, then around 37 the hubby was moaning for a possible few kids? ugh........see getting married later in life I kinda thought kids would be kinda a no option for me. I didn't have no bio clock ticking at all. It was hubby that was more 'let's have one NOW' before we can't. Around 37 we started trying. No go. He thought about a doctor situation to start that crap and I said no way. If it happens it happens, if not then it was not meant to be. THEN at age 40 I got pg but had a miscarriage...and we thought for sure this was over and not in the cards, then at age 42 I got pg again--what a friggin' shocker at that point cause of my age...but popped out a perfect kiddo at age 43. I didn't have a normal kinda kid timeline thing in my life I guess but I think if ya really want them you will try for them and if ya don't, ya just don't and I doubt they will regret it. Everyone follows their own path and comes to terms with their decisions. One kid is kinda hard for me in that I am not a kid drawn type person actually. Now my mom, omg she would have dozens if she could HA she is a kiddo person, me, not so much at all. My one is way more than enough but even if she never came, I would have been fine with that draw in life also. I don't know, just my take on how it goes down for me personally on the whole thing. I guess it is just a way personal way one wants to live their life and if they are cool with it then they got it settled into their mind how they want life to go down I guess.

Hey all
wonderful light show.
the displays were stunning, and a gazillion lights.
kids had a great time, they took the giant horse carriage ride. June and George were the horses, big black draft horses.
The band was fab, just 3, a great lady singer, a drummer and a guitarist. All Christmas songs and they did a great job!
The orchid conservatory, wow, just wow on those orchids. Just flowers that had the most stunning colors and variations.

so yes it was fab.

off to restaurant after, I wanted crab legs. They were out. Can you belive that?!!! Then I wanted the crab dip and a side of peel eat shrimp....no crab dip! I settled on a ribeye steak. So I paid big money for a steak I could buy and eat cheaper at home! It irked me HA HA but we had a great time.

I am holiday'd out. Done for the season. That was enough for me now.

Kids sleeping and later will drive Emily home and day will be over and done. rest of day doing mostly nothing.

great day all
  #299   ^
Old Sun, Dec-10-17, 13:40

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Happy Belated Birthday 🎂 Karen!

Karen.... Wow what a great attitude you have about kiddos! If it was meant to be then it would happen and it did how awesome 😎 is that. I had DD and then was in scho and working so wasn’t sure if I would have another! Along cane DS and was truly blessed he is a good one similar personality to me! My DD is a risk taker and very similar to her dad so sometimes she finds me a bit stuffy! Oh well I always calculating and play it safe!

Jo.... that is cool 😎 that the kiddos walk or ride to school no buses. It Crazy when all the buses are in the subdivision!
Are you doing anything special for Xmas?
Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #300   ^
Old Mon, Dec-11-17, 05:17
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 11 December 2017

Happy Monday, Warriors!

Take some time today to just chil-lax to take care of YOU b/c you're WORTH IT!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

"There is no FAILURE except in no longer TRYING."
~ Kin Hubbard

Weekly Maintenance Update = 3 years, 10 months and counting... 114 lbs!

I know I am truly blessed to have found the WOE that really controls my carb metabolic processing disorder.

This fantastic WOE not only helps me to maintain a "normal" weight but keeps me as healthy as I can be!

I am LIVING the DREAM for sure!

Topic Change:
I finished the knitted Infinity Scarf I was making for a friend of mine then started and finished another baby sweater to add to my growing collection of gifts:

"Aran" & "Mint" stripes Baby Sweater (finished yesterday, 10 December 2017)

Karen:

Wow, sorry I missed the part about it being your B'day on 7 Dec!

Happy HAPPY Belated B'day, girlie!
Quote:
JO, so you are saying that your base school has no bus schedule kinda thing. walkers and car riders? That is wild actually LOL
I never think of a school without the dreaded bus routes happening
That's the great part about being military and living on base/post. Depending on where the bases/posts are located and the size, I'd say most have at least an elementary school and some have a middle school. (Base = AF & post = Army)

As a kid, we were bused off base to another base or post when we were stationed in Germany to attend jr. high school and hs b/c the bases my dad got stationed at weren't very big.

When my kiddos were growing up, they attended schools (elementary to hs) on the same base/post b/c we were stationed in Europe on bigger bases/posts.
Quote:
Yea I was like 34 when I got married, then around 37 the hubby was moaning for a possible few kids? ugh........see getting married later in life I kinda thought kids would be kinda a no option for me. I didn't have no bio clock ticking at all. It was hubby that was more 'let's have one NOW' before we can't. Around 37 we started trying. No go. He thought about a doctor situation to start that crap and I said no way. If it happens it happens, if not then it was not meant to be. THEN at age 40 I got pg but had a miscarriage...and we thought for sure this was over and not in the cards, then at age 42 I got pg again--what a friggin' shocker at that point cause of my age...but popped out a perfect kiddo at age 43. I didn't have a normal kinda kid timeline thing in my life I guess but I think if ya really want them you will try for them and if ya don't, ya just don't and I doubt they will regret it. Everyone follows their own path and comes to terms with their decisions. One kid is kinda hard for me in that I am not a kid drawn type person actually. Now my mom, omg she would have dozens if she could HA she is a kiddo person, me, not so much at all. My one is way more than enough but even if she never came, I would have been fine with that draw in life also. I don't know, just my take on how it goes down for me personally on the whole thing. I guess it is just a way personal way one wants to live their life and if they are cool with it then they got it settled into their mind how they want life to go down I guess.
Thanks for sharing all of that!

I love your attitude about "if it happens, it happens!"

I always wanted to have kids and I am more like your mom, I would have had a dozen if we could have afforded it...
Quote:
wonderful light show.
the displays were stunning, and a gazillion lights.
kids had a great time, they took the giant horse carriage ride. June and George were the horses, big black draft horses.
The band was fab, just 3, a great lady singer, a drummer and a guitarist. All Christmas songs and they did a great job!
The orchid conservatory, wow, just wow on those orchids. Just flowers that had the most stunning colors and variations.

so yes it was fab.

off to restaurant after, I wanted crab legs. They were out. Can you belive that?!!! Then I wanted the crab dip and a side of peel eat shrimp....no crab dip! I settled on a ribeye steak. So I paid big money for a steak I could buy and eat cheaper at home! It irked me HA HA but we had a great time.
Sounds like you had a totally fantastic time with your Christmas excursion out to the Botanical Gardens.

Sorry you didn't get your crab legs! And I know how you feel about paying big $$$ for a steak you could've eaten cheaper at home... I HATE when that happens....

Berni:
Quote:
Jo.... that is cool 😎 that the kiddos walk or ride to school no buses. It Crazy when all the buses are in the subdivision!
It's a big plus having no buses for sure!
Quote:
Are you doing anything special for Xmas?
Nope, nothing scheduled. But then, since I live by myself, I could get a wild hair and decide to get up & go some place... doubtful but it could happen!

De:

Hope you're doing well! How's your DDIL doing??? Any baby news yet???