Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 12:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default Re: Best Atkins Food products

Quote:
Originally posted by YoungGal
Has anyone tried Atkins food or pills? Tell us about your favs and not so favs!!!!!!!

Have you had a look at the conversational thread already started here, see down at the bottom of this main Products page, with the Subject line of Atkins Products Opinions?

I think you'll find just about everything there...
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-03, 01:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/139/120
BF:36%/29%/18%
Progress: 60%
Default Atkin's Products

I like the bake mix. Ok, maybe like is too strong of a word. I tolerate it, lol. If you add lots of spices (no carb spices) and flavourings, it is not bad. I also LOVE the Atkins Advantage Bars. I recently discovered that you can build a tolerance or become sensitive to the 'artifical' carbs in them and your body may begin to treat them as real carbs. I now will only use them as a treat .
  #93   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 15:33

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Question Question.......BBQ Sauce...

I did read through this thread, and everyone seemed to like it. But I was wondering if it can be compared to any other BBQ sauces? Especially the fast food ones? lol I love BBQ sauce and was thinking about ordering it, but some brands are nasty..Ever have Burger King's? lol

Can't decide if I want to order it or not. =/

Last edited by SlimShAdY : Sun, Aug-17-03 at 15:43.
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 07:36
Registered Member

Plan: Suzanne Summers/Atkins
Stats: 240/250/145
BF:
Progress: -11%

SLIMSHADY - The best BBQ sauce I have found is Waldon Farms Thick and Spicey. Very thick like BBQ sauce should be but not too spicy. It is my favorite and I think I have tries them all.
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 09:49

Stats: 193.5/179.5/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 32%

I love the Endulge bars - peanut butter cups, carmel nut and chocolate peanut, BUT cannot lose any weight when I eat them. Too high in sugar alcohol.

The Advantage shake (chocolate) is also very good. Again, too much sugar alcohol.

I am anxious to try to La Tortilla Factory tortillas, our grocery was out of them they other day -- too much demand.

I have tried the Andre's lc crackers - parmesan cheese and country onion, not good. Taste like cardboard and are expensive.

I am heading to the store for some lc carb bread now. Any recommendations?
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 11:15

Stats: 215/165/145 Female 5'9
BF:26%
Progress: 71%
Question

Hi! Anyone know which pancake syrup tastes best; Atkins or Walden Farms?????
Jessica
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 22:31

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Where do you all find Waldon Farms products? I have never heard of them here in Seattle.

I bet there's some great LC recipes for BBQ sauce somewhere around here if I can't find Waldon's. I tried Atkins, but to be honest, the taste didn't strike me as worth the cost.

Annie-Pie
  #98   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 07:39

Hi Annipie! Well to be honest I don't like Atkins barbeque sauce either and ordered the Walden Farms and it's thick and tastes pretty good. I'm new in Denver and I need to find somewhere that sells it also, so I had to order online. If anyone knows where I can find it here in Denver, CO that would be great! I can't help you though, in Seattle, sorry. Let me tell you though, once you try it you'll enjoy it!

Jessica
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 08:45

Plan: Organic, Raw Foods
Stats: 176/138/117 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Hi all!

I have seen lots of posts about the DaVinci sugar free syrups. Are they available in stores or do they have to be special ordered? Is the sugar substitute Splenda?

And, totally off the subject, the USA Today article earlier in the week that was talking about all of the low carb specility stores springing up (I am SO jealous of Oregon having so many wonderful shopping places!), also mentioned that Atkins Nutritionals will be putting out the book Dr. Atkins was working on at the time of his death. The release date was mid 2004. I remember Dr. A saying on Larry King that he wanted to call it Diaobesity. Anyway, I'm always excited to see a new Dr. Atkins book.

Kathy
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 21:23
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Okay, I'm odd, because my favorite Atkins bar is the Lemon Chiffon, with the chocolate Decadence coming a close second. Don't like the breads, either mix or frozen. (Of course, that was from the last go round--have they changed the recipe?) Like the RTD Vanilla, Chocolate, Chocolate Royale (yummm!) and Cafe au Lait, but the strawberry is a shudder and spew. Haven't tried the breakfast bars yet, but have some for quick bites during the school year...which is rapidly approaching!

Jude
  #101   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 09:34

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpgrl03
Hi! Anyone know which pancake syrup tastes best; Atkins or Walden Farms?????
Jessica

My favorite pancake syrup is Keto. I think it taste great.
  #102   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 09:54

Really????Have you tried both of these syrups? I bought the Keto chocolate milk and "OH MY GOD"! It tastes awful! Thanks for the input!

Jessica
  #103   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 10:05

BF:

Quote:
Really????Have you tried both of these syrups? I bought the Keto chocolate milk and "OH MY GOD"! It tastes awful! Thanks for the input!

Jessica

I think Atkins is a great diet but I do not care for his products. I have not had the Waldens syrup after I found Keto I stopped lookingl It tasted so close to the Aunt Jamima and Log Cabin syrup we use that I felt Keto was the one for me. I also use the Keto catsup It's good to. I have tried many Keto produts and have been please for the most part. There are a few things I DID NOT like in the least.
  #104   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 13:06

Wink

Thanks for the info BIRDOG!The only kind I've tried is Atkins. It's ok but really watery. I should probably try the Keto brand if you say it tastes like Log Cabin, that's what I used to use.....I have the Atkins Ketsup and it's ok, but when I'm done I'll try the Keto. What progress you have made! WOW!COngratulations on the loss! Thanks again on your input!

Where do you buy your syrup? Or do you have to order it?

Jessica
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 14:13

BF:

Quote:
Thanks for the info BIRDOG!The only kind I've tried is Atkins. It's ok but really watery. I should probably try the Keto brand if you say it tastes like Log Cabin, that's what I used to use.....I have the Atkins Ketsup and it's ok, but when I'm done I'll try the Keto. What progress you have made! WOW!COngratulations on the loss! Thanks again on your input!

Where do you buy your syrup? Or do you have to order it?

Jessica

I am afraid I have to order mine. When ordering there is a section to sign up for thier special offers. They will E-mail you with thier specials. You also might want to check out Netrition.com sometimes they are cheaper.