Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 18:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/189/155 Male 5' 8"
BF:27
Progress: 41%

The Carb Solutions bars are the worst I've tried. Extremely dry and waxy tasting.

The Atkins Advantage bars are ok, but not great. I can eat them, but only about a 1/3rd at a time.

The only one I actually like is the Atkins Creamy Cinnamon Bun Breakfast bar.

It's still not a candy bar, but it gets me through the day if I'm hungry. I never was a huge candy addict in the first place so maybe that's why these are good to me.

I keep a box of them in my desk at the office and only dip into them if I feel tempted to eat a snack, and it is pretty tempting when the people in the office bring donuts and bagels in almost every morning.

The EAS bars were about the same as the Advantage bars in my opinion. Not horrible, but nothing to write home to mother about either.

That's my 2 cents
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 21:09

Plan: 35-65 net carbs
Stats: 362/281.8/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

all time worst has to be Atkins Brownie taste like cardboard but for 3 dollars a bar i gagged and swallowed it LOL

all time best :: PURE DELITE MILK CHOCOLATE & MINT YUMMY!!

i buy 5 every two weeks when i go grocery shopping and they last me until the next time

#33   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 21:28

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

I tried some Lemon something bar... I spit it out and threw the rest away! I do like some of the Low Carb bars out there... but not that one, YUCK!!!
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 21:57
Montana MaMa

Plan: My own lc
Stats: ***/***/140 Female 5'7"
BF:***
Progress: 26%

Hi wylloe,

Did you try the cinnamon bun atkins bars? I think they are not too bad with a hot cup of coffee (decaf) with cream. I also like the chocolate decadence ones, those are very good. But the ones that take the cake are the pure delite candy bars, everyone is wonderful! They taste like the real thing! Give those a try too!

Take care,

shama
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Apr-06-03, 22:44

Plan: South/Atkins/Ornish/etc.
Stats: 275/260/190 Male 5'10"
BF:lbs&in. first, ok?
Progress: 18%

I enjoy the Atkins Peanut Butter bars, but then PB flavored candies (Reese's and such) were my weakness pre-LC, so this isn't a big surprise.

I tried the cinnamon bun bar. Once. Blurgh. It tasted so like that chemical-industrial flavor you get on an artificial-sweetener-overdose that it overwhelmed any other taste that was trying to emerge.

One of the health food stores in my area is always giving out samples of LC foods; one time they handed me a banana-nut flavored Atkins bar. I opened that one up, took a whiff, and handed it to my kids. I didn't even get past the odor on that one.

I've tried the CarbSolutions peanut butter bars, but they had a gummy texture that made me want to keep chewing after I was done with them.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 22:24
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I think the brand was Carbolit. I remember the flavor though, Lemon Cheesecake. I love cheesecake so thought I'd give them a try. The first bite was so disgusting I couldn't eat any more. Generaly with LC bars the first bite is the best, then the Protien taste kicks in, but not with this one.

I also tried the Carbolite Cookie Dough. While it wasn't bad, it was no where near tasting like cookie dough and I was very disapointed. That commerical showing that flavour was the whole reason I started buying those dang bars.
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 22:25
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Carb solutions not carbolite, sorry my bad
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 23:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 218/185/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 42%

I bought a whole box of Atkins Lemon Chiffon Bars, big mistake, I had a taste of one and had to throw it away and take the rest back. Absolutely awful, these bars shouldn't be produced, its a crime against ones taste buds.

Best treat: Pure De Lite Chocolates the dark chocolate 1 carb, the cherry chocolate 3.3 carbs very yummy.

JoAnn
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 07:56
Registered Member

Stats: 244/218/185
BF:
Progress: 44%

Atkin lemon chiffon is the worst, but most of the Atkins bars are. I guess you have to give up some taste for this WOL, but keep looking some are better then others.
The Think Thin products are not bad at all.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 09:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 218/185/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 42%

Are those Think Thin products at the health food store? Don't think I have seen in the grocery stores.
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 10:23
Registered Member

Stats: 244/218/185
BF:
Progress: 44%

I would think they would be carried in health food stores, but I have found them in our grocery stores. Either in the diet aisle or some stores have a specific specialty food area.

If your local stores do not carry them you can always order them from their web site www.thinkproducts.com of course you probably do not want to order them until you at least try them and see if you like them. However, these bars are the only ones my wife and I eat, they really are good.
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:30
re-started LC 3/1/06

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 350/314.5/150 Female 5'4''
BF:Too Much!!
Progress: 18%
Default good and bad

I have tried several of the protein bars.. Atkins and others.
To me they were way too disgusting. I took one bite and tried so hard to find something good in the way they tasted. I hate the mealy taste they leave in your mouth.
I have found something I love though
it is the Atkins Endulge candy bars.
The best one so far is the caramel nut chew. It reminds me of a snickers bar. I havent had any tummy problems from them and they havent stalled me out yet. I try to only have one every few days.
I have also tried the peanut butter cups and the peanut butter stix. Like a recess fast break. It isnt recess but it is pretty good.
Another favorite of mine is carbolite pecan cluster bars. I can get a box of 6 at Walmart for under $5. I can purchase the atkins endulge or the carbolite (candy Bars) for $.96 each.
If you have a craving for a candy bar... I would go with the atkins.. because the carbolite is just a candy bar with 1 gm of protein.. the Atkins has 6 g of protein..
I wouldnt eat the protein bars if they paid me. GAG!!
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 16:02
~strange as angels~

Stats: 256/249/150 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:51%/49%/30%
Progress: 7%
Thumbs down Absolute worst

Biochem Ultimate Lo Carb Bars.
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 19:19
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 245/261/180 Female 63
BF:
Progress: -25%

I was at Rite Aid this A.M. and found a Pure DE-lite chacolate bar and I have had chocolate on my mind a lot lately. I was hoping it would be awful so I wouldn't get back in the chocolate habit I just started loosing. Well it was delicious!

Now I can't go back to that store again.

I am doing a search because I can't believe they are legal to eat that, that malitol is a low digestible carb not quite sure what that means one of those sugars that aren't absorbed or doesn't stimulate insulin ???????
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 20:46

Stats: 210/150/145 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 92%

All of the EAS bars are bad-especially peanut butter and lemon-yuck! I used to like Atkins cookies and cream but they taste too much like coco butter or something. I do like the Atkins peanut butter and almond brownie-yummy.