Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#346   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-24, 07:01

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, right? I never thought of doing cause the thought of that being pierced makes me cringe big also like you LOL
yea, hearing his one and only baby girl is doing crap like this, I am sure his mind is on auto shut down at this point HA

Yes we are into days of rain starting today.....all is moving your way as usual. if you can get in golf you best go for it.

I love sending storms your way HAHA

by the time my sun comes out here you are annoyed u are getting socked in funny
Sponsored Links
  #347   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-24, 09:14

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

aaaahahahahahha omg Trig I am ROLLING over here. ROLLING. I thought my youngest tried to do me in but your kid is giving him a run for him money. He settled down once he went to college but yours is ramping up!!

Your advice to your Dh is absolutely spot on. Their adult bodies, their business. But can I imagine nipple piercings? Nope, not for me! I do want to get a tat though!

What do you think your timeframe for a beach house is at this juncture? What state? I know we've talked about it but I can't remember.

Still on hold in baby land. I've got some mild anxiety about it but it is what it is- I've got no control, she has doctors and I just need to trust the process.
  #348   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-24, 16:30

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey ladies!

Trig- I almost spit my wine. HOLY MOLY and Mother Mary and all the Gods to call from. Are you kidding?!?!?!?!? Nipple rings?!?!? I bet her daddy had a hard time. I would have paid a arm and leg to have been a fly on your wall!!!!
Yup- She is almost 19- best to just smile and nod. I am waiting for the TAT!!!!!! LOLOL - Best you just keep walking and let it go. Her body! LOL Oh MY!!!!!!!

RV- YAY girl! I know you are going to love your RV upgrades. It is no different than a house upgrade. YAY and just let the wallet go and enjoy!!!!! You actually got ALOT for the $$$- truly!!!

Lori-- Is it raining there? Did you get your game on? IT is raining here like mad here today!

Nic- We are all baited breath!!!!!- Wasn't the Eclipse amazing?!?!?!? I saw it and had a blast. My neighbor and I shared glasses to see it. It was really special.
We are waiting too!
----------------------------------------------------------------

Huge huge rains in today and going for the next 2 days. Weekend supposed to be good.

Work work work - started early ended late. I am tired.
Listening to a podcast on Iodine.

Just a work, eat, relax and repeat. Nothing new here

100% So on plan. I am feeling so good on my beef.

Later gators
  #349   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-24, 02:25

BF:

Lori, waiting on a morning update

did ya get our rain we sent up to you yet?

Nicco, on BabyWatch, we are waiting also....go Aril 15th lol

Yea told ya all my kiddo was mostly quiet and didn't get hyper or anything thru all the yrs, first year in college and all hell is breaking loose. LOL Come on, I am too old for this stuff right? Ahhhh, let them go and explore. I mean what I wouldn't give to be back in my early 20s!! Wow I would rock those yrs again HA

beach house probably far down on Georgia coast or top of FL coast or west gulf FL. Not 100% sure in that I want hot hot weather but I like SC coast alot but damn if it ain't cold in winter, I could do that and buy a small condo down in FL to travel in top winter, but I don't know. Do I wanna make moves or do I wanna find that right area to settle and not move? luckily still young enough to decide that later I guess. I wanna get the rv and do alot of coast driving but ain't there just yet to do that. I will end up coastal tho, no doubt on that

If ya got a tat what would you get? You got me curious cause you don't look like a tat gal. lol

Jazz, yea I am sure that darn tat is coming for her. Waiting for that call where she says mom can I really get a tat and I say sure and she says, good, I already did it LOL

At this point I don't even wanna know what she gets. I said on the nipple rings ya didn't even have to tell me cause I ain't gonna be looking but she says well I tell ya everything so...I said some things I don't gotta know

you sound tired in your post. work becoming alot on ya. dragging ya a bit.

Didn't you say you were planning a beach weekend or some trip sooner than later?

------------icky weather all around. nice thing is that rain tamped down that yellow air floating out there. when ya can taste air as pollen, ick. nice to have that fresher clean air to breath after the storms.

keeping zc simple. store has ribeyes on sale at decent lower price. might go get a few. not sure if I even wanna go out and about today. so sick of stores

so today is a cruise thru and see how it goes day
be good all
  #350   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-24, 06:02

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I was awake at 3:30 when Gabby jumped down from the bed, but she was a good girl and didn't come back to wake us up until 6. DH got up with her and I stayed in bed until after 7. Luxury!

The rain is coming and will probably get here around 10 or 11. We've cancelled golf for the rest of the week. I'll just be puttering around the house for the next few days. Oh....and of course I have my MRI tomorrow. That should be an experience. My knee has been pretty good the past few days.

I have my food planned for the day. Yesterday I had a couple beers and ate lunch at the club. Not ideal, but fun! I want to lose some weight, but I also want to enjoy my summer at the club and everything that goes with it. I'll just do my best and see what happens. I won't totally go off the rails, but not going to stress over it either. Life is short!

DH is going to work for a couple hours this morning. I have some things I could do around the house, but I don't have much ambition so far. I'm making fried haddock for dinner.....yum.

Have a good day!
  #351   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-24, 09:06

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori, go with balance IMO. Overall you are good about keeping things in check and life is to be lived, after all!

Jaz I'm glad you are enjoying your life, work not so much but all the rest of it seems like it is in a really good place for you. That can balance out some of the displeasure around work.

Trig yeah there are some things we just don't need to know as parents. I just feel like nipple rings would be so UNCOMFORTABLE all the time but who even knows. lol To each her own!

Tats- I have two planned : one is three little birds based on the Bob Marley song and also my own three little birds
and the other one will simply say "La famiglia e tutto" - DS22 has this and it means "Family is Everything" - I love it

Today is the due date, so the Bellini is fully cooked and ready to make her debut at any time! I've got my backpack ready to go, and planning to make some Padsicles and Lactation Protein balls for DD to have. It's go time!

Taking a walk today, hanging out, just being
  #352   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-24, 13:36

BF:

Whoot! Nic! Whoot- My bet is on Tomorrow! The 11th! We are waiting with ya!
What are Lactation balls? LOLOLOL Keep us posted!!!!!! Are you going to be in the delivery room too????

Cool on the TATS- La famiglia e tutto
wow that is so cool DS 22 has this. Speaks volumes. See below on TATS! LOL

Trig- OMG I was rolling on the Nipple rings! Now let's chat TATS!
Funny we are having this chat in our group. I was just THINKING of Tats last week. I passed a Tat Shop that is supposed to be "good" in our area. It got me thinking if I would ever put a TAT on ME. I would and might. So what would it be?
A "PAW" with the letter B/ and R on my ankle. Something small. Nope not the kids- my dog's paw. I told my son, and he rolled his eyes. LOLOLOL

So, Trig- if your kiddo gets something........ ya know it is in vogue right now- they are all doing it. It is not as shocking as it used to be.

Places to consider - Beach house. I Would consider either Charleston, Panama Beach, or Jacksonville. I say this leaving out St. Simon. Why leave out where I love? Lack of medical care. As we age that has to be considered.
FL. also has amazing Blue Cross insurance for people who live there.
Personally I want the warm- So it needs to be Charston and south, Second I need amenities, healthcare, stores, and community. Plus, I want to be able to get to my family in a day or less- ideally 6 hours or less. PLUS, cost of living- all things to consider. Fl does not have State tax! Bonus.

We will end up neighbors! LOLOLOL

Lori- I am glad you are getting the MRI!
I hear ya on wanting to live your life and not count every calorie! That is way I love Low carb- it is just frekin easier and suits me perfect.

Is it still raining there?
-----------------------------------------------------

OMG the rain here, on Day 2. One more to go before we see the sun. I AM considering running to Charleston this weekend. It is however my son's birthday on Friday. URGHHHHH, He has already gotten all his gifts, and accolades. He needs a girl and stop calling his momma every time he is bored. Is that mean????????

I made beef ribs. OMG low and slow in the oven- Holy smokes it was amazing.

Well- I am going to walk the pupper-

Later.
  #353   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-24, 02:45

BF:

Lori, sorry we sent ya up that rain
agree with Nicco, you are a master at maintaining literally at this point, your fun times don't overshadow your maintenance control at all. you can live it up a bit and enjoy and don't give it another thought truly. you surely are one who 'got this'

Nicco....I am still betting on the 15th lol
when I was preggo I never looked into preggo stuff. I just waited 9 mos and out popped the kid, lol. Never heard of lactation balls or any other stuff which was wild to read about from ya. I know your DD is well taken care of for sure. Hell I was throwing 70 lb hay bales when 9 mos preggo and funny thing is even hubby never mentioned something like, maybe ya shouldn't be doing that HAHA farmer crazy in us I guess.

your tats sound perfect for you actually. I see that all fitting you and it ain't like you are getting an entire full sleeze tat or anything, small and perfect

Jazz, yea this rain right. another day of it....omg sick of it too and the mowing to come after is gonna be crazy and already all growing and I can't get out to mow and it might take 2 passes for it all now. shoot me---need sun

Charleston for weekend. sounds sweet
your son tho is lucky u guys are close to each other but yea in the end he can't rely on ya for it all. heck even when kiddo comes home I tell her like...go find a friend and go somewhere, like I can't be your 24/7 bestie to do things with ya. I mean I do things but I can't be her boredom toy.

You gonna be my southern neighbor down there in FL or ?? I feel ya. me and you got the final life beach vibe happening for sure. I agree with you on what ya wrote about health care and convenience. Older we get the more we need things near us for sure. But darn tho if I don't love remote locations more. So finding that balance on what small coastal town we choose is gonna be a wild ride for sure.

-------------rainy day again. blah. didn't sleep good. I feel a big ol' rainy day nap coming to me early afternoon LOL ugh

same old right now. which is a good thing I think! no drama around and all seems more settled and can't go wrong there.

dread the 16th and that first dumpster coming.

bought a memory foam bed to replace kiddo's queen. Came in a box to the house I love convenience to the max....lol...her old one is time to go and with dumpster coming I thought, yup, time to go. gonna throw her bed, that older loveseat and throw rug from the back play room out and a few other big things. THEN tackle MILs home a bit. no telling how many dumpsters?

ok lets see what the day brings.
  #354   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-24, 05:36

BF:

Good Morning!

Let's try this again. A post just went *poof*. I got a page that said "Verifying that you are human", then it said something about an invalid link. WTH??

Yes, thanks for the rain! We're hoping it clears out before tomorrow as we're supposed to go to our DGS15's baseball game. It is Grandparent's Day and we are to stand on the 3rd base line during the National anthem and then DH got selected to throw out the first pitch! They put all the old fart's names in a hat and he was selected. He will throw to our GS. I hope the weather doesn't ruin all the plans.

Today is MRI day at Noon. Hoping the old metal screws in my jaw don't cause a problem. We'll see.

---------

Nic.....Come on baby....you're on the clock!

Trig.....Online shopping is the bomb. Thank goodness for it as we don't have any malls or stores around us anymore. The only thing we have is Walmart, and I'm not a fan.

Jaz.....Beach dreamin'! Oh yeah...nothing better!

---------

Time for more coffee!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Apr-11-24 at 05:42.
  #355   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-24, 09:58

BF:

Lori, your DH got selected to throw out the first pitch, that is super cool actually, hope the weather is better for you guys and not totally rained out or anything. Love it.

Hope your MRI goes well but key on that is it gives them a more in depth focus on what truly is going on in that knee so this is all a good thing, you can find your way forward on it after some good info comes from the MRI I would think.

yea not a fan of wally world either but with free shipping for only over $35 and it comes damn near on the same day ordered, if I order early AM, yea I still do it. It beats going to store, driving car and me having to go into wally world LOL I gotta say their delivery service is the bomb. but get ya on them.

Hey Nicco and Jazz, waiting on updates again

-------------day 3 rain and yes it is raining and grass is growing out of control and front of house landscape beds are out of control overnight actually, come on. It was fine yesterday, go out to fill bird feeder and wow the weeds and grass coming up are like insane and I have to mulch over and weed kill it all for some control. Overnight, thought I had more time HAHA but mother nature never gives us that and how do those all come up thru the landscape barrier I put down, guess they use the top mulching as their dirt now....whatever, annoying as hell if ya ask me. I SO been thinking of cementing a path of say brick or ?? directly adjacent to the house to meet my front porch area and stop literally all the landscape crap I deal with along the front but always now am on that fence of do it or not cause I am more leaving this place than staying here......ugh the agony HAHA

oh well

NY Strip first
second meal, have to USE UP those darn crab legs in freezer. they are still so much work I hate even doing it anymore but I might do crab fest tonight. alot of things are now getting on my last nerve again come spring LOL oh well, will live thru it all HA

be good all

edited to say: CRAP ON A CRACKER
got the bathroom cleaner out of the cabinet under master bath sink and bottom was wet??? huh??? yup checked and I got a leak there. COME ON TRULY HAHA didn't I say above all was easy and good and now I gotta empty out the bottom cabinet, dry it out and RELY on Vern to fix it ok whatever on this one but at least I discoverd it. not wet up in front, but all toward the back area....bleck....will handle as we all gotta handle the BS that is thrown our way. see, told ya the coming of spring can annoy the hell outta me and this is it LOL

oh well...time to call the Chop

Last edited by Whirrlly : Thu, Apr-11-24 at 10:12.
  #356   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-24, 11:49

BF:

Hey!

MRI done and all went fine. A really nice technician listened to my concerns about the screws in my jaw and reassured me that all would be ok. Of course, I had a panic squeeze ball if I had felt any pain or anything. I'm just glad to know that I can have an MRI if needed......I know it's the gold standard of imaging tests. Now to wait until my Dr. appt. on 4/23 for results.

Trig....Oh yeah, if I have to use Walmart, online and delivery is the way to go. I just don't like going into the store.

Oh man about your bathroom sink.....good grief, it's always something!!

Just taking it easy for the rest of the day.
  #357   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-24, 11:59

BF:

Lori super great ya got your MRI done and it was a decent appt for you. we are always lucky when we get those super nice people who take the time to calm us down cool

Online and deliver, way to go LOL

Oh yea the Chop came home after I called. he said work was slow so when we got it apart it is the top part of the actual facuet that is leaking, not pipes or cracks anywhere..........so easy fix. Install new faucet. Is it? Is it really tho? Will the damn thing be put in backwards? lol too funny

but yea he is off to Lowes for new faucet and got away lucky on it plus at same time I have, with no mercy whatsoever, cleaned out under that master sink. if I hadn't touch it in a good bit it is now gone. yup what goes back is way less than what came out HA
ugh
  #358   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-24, 16:24

BF:

Hey ya'll- chatty today I see!

So today is the 11th- and WHERE is NIC?!?!?!?!?hummmmmm Makes me go Hummmmmmmm I said 11th!

Waiting for that update! YAY

OMG Trig- URGHHHHHHHH a leak.......Yup put that CHOP to work!

Lori-
let us know what that MRI says!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------

Sorry for shortie post- I have a monster headache. I think all this rain- and fog, and pollen, and humidy, and and and ..... I feel my head is in a vice grip! URGHHH

I made plans to hit up Isle of Palms this weekend and a long weekend at that. Leaving Sat- back Monday / off Tue.
I booked a room at a fancy dancy hotel about 5 minutes from beach! YES PLEASE .

More tomorrow when I feel better and can type.
  #359   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-24, 17:32

BF:

Jazz, Isles of Palms, ohhhhh sweet!! we know you are gonna have a great time.

sorry ya feel bad. darn sinus acting up for me, one ear even clogged up some.

we just got tornado warnings and monster storm rolled thru. big thunder along with huge windy rain and giant drops at that.

enough days of this now, time to move out and sun to come up.
  #360   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-24, 04:24

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!

I feel like an ALMOST new person! I just have a very low level headache now. I am hopeful that my cup of coffee will take care of that.

Yup- Wanted a "new" beach this trip. Isle of palms is a bit "ritzy" but when I was deciding between that on and Folly- It was CHEAPER to stay near that one. I am almost as excited where I am staying as the beach. It is going to feel very "vacay" like. Just what I wanted.

Trig- Did you get any damage from storms yesterday? Those storms really knocked our trees around here. Thankfully it has moved north!

Did you get your field mowed, sink fixed? Always something right????

Did I ask you if you use an air fryer? It is perfect for us carnivores. Do you drink your coffee black?

Lori-
Hey, when do you get your MRI results back? How is the knee feeling this morning? If you actually tore something it can take a good minute to heal!

Are you getting all this nasty weather that moved north?

Nic.......... we are waiting!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------

I work today with a FULL schedule! I will have my bag packed and leave out of here early tomorrow. 3 hour ride to get there! That is pretty good actually. I can leave by 8 and pull in before noon!
I will be staying at a spot across from a slew of beach bars and restraunts. Plenty to choose from and walk across the street. YAY

I am happy to have a few days off too! Next week will be a busy return! LOL urghhhhhhhhh It pays the bills.

Speaking of bills- I need to get an oil change I am thinking next week. I have decided to keep this sweet lil Honda of mine. Do you know the first trip I took in it was to meet ya'll in Charleston 2018! Was it that long ago? DO I have that date right???????- Dang- time flies.

Ok- need more coffee, head DOES feel better!

WOE-
I have been 100% meat based with a few spices here and there. If someone would have said SPICES can cause inflammation and a stall I would have laughed. But "something" is giving me some low level inflammation. I can't put my finger on it. Half and half in my coffee? It is the only thing I can think of. I use just enough for flavor and color. I dunno. I don't use sweetener.
I just do "do" black coffee I do need some creamer. But again, I am stuck and still feeling a slight bloat. This is my year to get to goal. It will happen. I just need to figure it out.

I am on day 7- of iodine. I don't feel any different yet. I am not going to up my dose for a minute.

Other than that- all is well. Just cruising along.

Rock on kids!