Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 08:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 201/165.8/145 Female 5'9 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

I just wanted to add to this thread that I've been using the now oregano oil (mine has ginger and fennel and is 181.0 mg recommended to take 2 daily with meals) for about 4 days now and I haven't noticed any significant weight loss (well down a pound) but I notice I'm not so hungry!

I don't have bad gas or anything but I was getting burpy hiccups. That's over and it's fine. I'm going to keep using the oil bc i'm hoping it will help clear my face, help with my sinuses and yeast overgrowth in my belly. My belly is the only thing I ever wanted to lose so maybe this will help.

Thanks 2brickie for sharing this with everyone.
Tasha
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 11:20
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 169/161/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi their
First of all after all the running around and searching for the oregano oil (hard to find) I started takin it since tuesday and since then I am down 2lbs. The firsts two days I felt so tired I had to take a nap but yesterday I woke up earley and just felt completley refreshed full of energy, Im so exited I hope the scale keeps going down.
PLs scale keep going down.LOL

Again Thanks Brikie for sharing this with us..

Lily
  #183   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 11:51

Stats: 275.0/220.0/185.0 Male 72.5 inches
BF:??%/25.7%/??%
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by determine3
I just wanted to add to this thread that I've been using the now oregano oil (mine has ginger and fennel and is 181.0 mg recommended to take 2 daily with meals) for about 4 days now and I haven't noticed any significant weight loss (well down a pound) but I notice I'm not so hungry!

I don't have bad gas or anything but I was getting burpy hiccups. That's over and it's fine. I'm going to keep using the oil bc i'm hoping it will help clear my face, help with my sinuses and yeast overgrowth in my belly. My belly is the only thing I ever wanted to lose so maybe this will help.

Thanks 2brickie for sharing this with everyone.
Tasha
Do you dilute your oil, or is your Now Brand Oregano Oil in the gelcaps already? I called a HFS here in Indy, the woman said that taking Now Oregano Oil straight can burn up your stomach (acidity?).
  #184   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 11:59

Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks
Progress: 0%

Sixpence --
Do you WANT to take the liquid form or do you want capsules? I got my Solar Ray 150 mg capsules at Nutrition Unlimited on E. Washington Street here in Indy. The phone book says they also have a place in Zionsville. You might call them and see if they have the capsules if you're having trouble finding them. I don't feel comfortable putting their phone number here, but look under Heatlth & Diet Food Products - Retail in the Indy yellow pages.

Go Pacers!!!!
  #185   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 13:21

Stats: 146/123/123 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

i like mine in the gel caps as it goes down much easier than putting that stuff on your tongue. today im feeling super and its been 3 weeks for me on it.
  #186   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 13:25

Stats: 275.0/220.0/185.0 Male 72.5 inches
BF:??%/25.7%/??%
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio381
Sixpence --
Do you WANT to take the liquid form or do you want capsules? I got my Solar Ray 150 mg capsules at Nutrition Unlimited on E. Washington Street here in Indy. The phone book says they also have a place in Zionsville. You might call them and see if they have the capsules if you're having trouble finding them. I don't feel comfortable putting their phone number here, but look under Heatlth & Diet Food Products - Retail in the Indy yellow pages.

Go Pacers!!!!
Once upon a time, I worked at the Best Buy and the Kohl's Department store on East Washington Street. It looks as if it is in with the Factory Card Outlet, which I've been to many times!!! Hey, you cannot beat 49 cent greeting cards for almost all occassions!!! Thanks for the tip. I went out on my lunch break to the GNC in Fishers, and they had the liquid drops (not the same as now which needs to be diluted before using) for $15 for one ounce. I thought that was a little steep, so I decided to pass and try someplace else. I called NU and they said that their bottle comes with 60 gelcaps for $8.09.

And, oh yes, Go PACERS!!!!

Last edited by sixpence : Thu, Feb-26-04 at 13:43.
  #187   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 13:55

Yep, those are the ones I bought....Solar Ray, 60 gelcaps for $8.09. Hope it works as well for you as it seems to be working for everyone here!

Actually the NU on E. Washington is by Washington Square Mall, where the Toys R Us used to be and A Hard Day's Night is (just in case you ever need it..lol). They closed the Kohl's store out there....bummer!

PACERS are lookin' good!
  #188   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 14:04

Stats: 282/236/150 Female 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hi, All!

OREGANO OIL UPDATE: I don't know if it the OO or if it is the combo of it with the Co-Q 10 and multidophilus + DDS-1, but I have lost 6.5 pounds this week. Prior to starting the above, I had stalled out for 3-4 weeks.

I'm no rocket scientist, and this may not be a loss related to the OO, but I'm definitely going to KEEP taking IT! If nothing else, it is good for my morale!

Sue
  #189   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 14:21

Stats: 146/123/123 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

great supersue glad to hear that maybe its helping. i have really been feeling so good while taking it, i cant imagine not.
  #190   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 14:38

Congrats, SuperSue!

What's DDS-1?
  #191   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 15:00

Stats: 201/165.8/145 Female 5'9 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

Sixspence- the now oregano oil I take comes in gelcaps and has 90 capsules in the bottle. I paid about $17 for it at a local health store. It was so confusing, they had so many!!
  #192   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 15:08
Registered Member

Stats: 161/141/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I've been taking just one capsule of Oregaycn (it says it's 450mg of wild mountain oregano P73...whatever that means!) for the last 2 days and the burping of oregano is driving me crazy! I did also notice that even though I'm drinking my tons of water, that my urine has become very strong, almost burning.
Any suggestions???
Carol
  #193   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 15:31
Registered Member

Stats: 168/145/138 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hello Hoosiers!!
Add me to the list. Mine are Vitamin World Natural Whole Herb Oil of Oregano 150 mg. They were buy one get one free ~25.00. I didn't think $12.50 was bad at all. Mine are the extract in a base of olive oil. Next time I will try to find the ones with flax seed oil.
I will let you know how it goes. Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!
Kim
  #194   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 15:32

Plan: SB
Stats: 165/130/110 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

Brickie, scorpio--totally feeling you, i hate that this has been moved too...want advice of atkins dieters we should get whoever moved it to put it back, or just start a new one...lol!

Carol-- maybe the dosage is too strong?

general--i got the kind Brickie has today, but it doesn't say to take it in the morning, just take it with food?....any particular reason to take it in the morning?
also, i read in another thread that flax seed oil CAUSES people to stall????? is that true or have people seen the opposite effect?
  #195   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 15:47

Hello Fellow Hoosier and welcome to our little Oil of Oregano Club! LOL

Trusty - I really do wish they'd move this back to the original forum. Not a lot of people check out this particular forum and I think this thread is suffering because of it. Please, please, please move it back so everyone can participate?

Also, I believe Brickie stated in one of her first posts that she tried taking the oregano at night and it kept her awake. I've been taking it in the mornings, although I took one capsule at night a couple of days ago. It didn't keep me awake, but it probably affects everyone differently.

I also saw that post on flax seed oil causing stalls and am now wondering if I should stop taking it. Any feedback on that?

Thanks, everyone and keep on being big losers!!! :-)