Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-14-01, 16:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/145/105
BF:
Progress:
Talking Newbie from uk

Hi Everyone

I have decided to try the atkins diet. I am in the process of reading the book and hope to start on sunday. I am hoping to lose 40lbs.

I am from England and was wondering whether anyone can give me some tips on which products here are Atkins friendly from burgers, sausages, cheeses and pork scratchings to sweetners sugar free puddings and drinks.

I would also like to know whether there is anyone who would like to become email buddies to compare notes and tips etc

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-14-01, 18:43

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile Welcome Aboard Claire

Hi Claire

Welcome to the board. Best place to come for inspiration, motivation, tips and laughter ... oh and some serious discussion on current topics as well.

The first two weeks are crucial. Sometimes they can be hard as carb-withdrawal symptoms kick in. But after 3-4 days you will begin to feel so much better and start losing weight so well that you will find it easier to carry on. Important that you do restrict your cabs to less than 20g/day though.

I would recommend that you stay with real food. Meat, fish, eggs, cheese etc. Dr Atkins has covered it thoroughly in his book.

You might consider starting a journal to keep track of your progress and get some feedback from others on the board.

Remember to weigh and measure yourself tomorrow so you will know what you were at the start of the diet.

Take care.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-15-01, 06:54

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome aboard claire! you've taken the first important step of your lowcarb journey by reading dr atkins' book! fiona's advice about real foods is great!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-16-01, 08:31
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 218/214/140
BF:
Progress: 5%

Welcome aboard, we are all glad you are here.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 14:19
Registered Member

Stats: 231/218/140
BF:
Progress: 14%
Smile hello

Good luck on your new start. As for some of the things you asked about in the UK.Sausages are a no no as far as I have found, full of carbs, Birds-eye homestyle burgers are hardly any carbs and very nice, good if you forgot to get the meet out.
try to drink lots of water,they keep telling me that. suger free jelly is good if you feel you need sweet, but you wont very often.
And I allow myself a drink of Perfectly clear (no carbs) when I`ve drunk all my water. Hope some of this helps. and good luck again