Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-16-07, 18:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/188/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I havent really been doing it 100%. I wanted to wait to go full force until i went to the grocery store and got all the foods i wanted and needed. but I haven't been cutting out the breads, pastas, etc.. I plan to go to the store this weekend. So I can start 100% on monday. That is great you lost 10lbs in just a week and a half! I hope I have results like that...I find it so motivating when I see results fast or like that.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-07, 00:52
Registered Member

Stats: 205/194/165 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 28%

What's up everyone? Can a guy join? I am 19 yr. old sophomore college student. I have been doing Atkins almost 3 months and have lost 30 lbs. I guess I am no longer a rookie in this, so I can give “advice” if any of you have questions. It’s a good idea to keep in touch with people our age who are doing Atkins since we are likely to have similar experiences. Hope to have good chats here.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-07, 16:34
Registered Member

Stats: 270/258/140 Female 70 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hey SoCal! Sure you can join! I'm just so glad people are actually posting! congrats on the 30 lbs! You probably do have some good advice for us 'rookies'

Rachel04: I know how hard Atkins can be sometimes. Don't worry, I've cheated too! But I know you can commit and do it 100%! I know I'm not going to cheat again. This could be the hypochondriac in me speaking, but I think I'm either sugar intolerant or have Celiac, which is an intolerance to a protein in grain called gluten. I'm pretty sure of this, because, the two times I have cheated I actually felt sick. I cheated yesterday- I had a day off and it is so hard for me to diet on the weekends- and I felt sick and tired the entire day. I felt gross. I was in a horrible mood and had a headache. I slept for most of the day and I'm still feeling the effects today. So, I hope I can motivate you by telling you that you will literally feel 1000x better on Atkins. Obviously, this will motivate me not to cheat, but I'm kind of worried because now I am literally afraid to eat sugar and carbs! Not because I'll gain weight, but because I get sick! Anyway, on to more happy things. I know I'll also stay on Atkins because I'm going to Costa Rica in June and I have a crush on this guy! And I really want to go to prom with him! I feel so stupid saying that- but its true!
So, good luck on Atkins! And I must say, the food really is the best. I was almost going to cheat today, but I didn't want to feel sick again. So, right now I'm going to go make a low-carb cheesecake! The food on Atkins is definitely the best. Some advice: now, whenever I want to cheat, I come here! It has really helped me. Also, look around the recipes. I've found some incredible ones, and, if you don't already know this, each recipe category has a special section that lists all the recipes suitable for induction! Good luck with everything!