Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 04:52

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default Small victories - big rewards - Day 3

Yesterday was day 3 on PP for me. My girlfriend and I had made arrangements to go for lunch weeks ago. She was gracious when I asked if we could change the location from the sushi place (aaaaaaaaaaaaaallll that rice!) to the Cajun place.

Disappointment met me when the waitress said there was no more chicken ceasar left. A scan of the menu had me in a tizzy. Nothing was legal. In desperation I ordered a philly beef with a side of salad greens.

When the meal came I was in heaven. Ohhh that bun. (bread is my weakness) It was warm. It was white. It was soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. I lifted the lid piece to my nose for a whiff of warm delicious bread. Just one whiff wouldn't hurt. Then I turned to my girlfriend and said, " I could eat this, or I could just apply it directly to my hips." She giggled as I scraped the shaved beef, gooey cheddar, onions and green peppers onto the plate, put both pieces of bun on the teacup saucer, and moved the saucer to the other side of the table, out of my reach.

Thank you all for your quiet support and encouragement. While I haven't posted except in the Introductions forum, I've been reading the boards and watching everyone else's victories and disappointments. This is a caring and helpful group. When the newness of this lifestyle change becomes more comfortable, and I discover simple ways to deal with meals (I hate planning and cooking from recipes. I HATE cooking but love eating) I hope to be able to share tips and help with you, instead of sponging for info. :-)

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 06:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Great wil power there, you should be proud of yourself! Next time don't be afraid if your in that situation again and tell them no bun or bread please. I get funny looks, but they do it
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 08:31

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Angela, well done on the will power

If your tastes can change, maybe your feelings about cooking can too, who knows

Keep up the good work,
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 09:20

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

Well done on the will power, major step. I find it helps to just tell them you CAN'T eat wheat or sugar as you are seriously allergic to them, I do this and usually end up with a larger portion of what I CAN (and do) eat! Doods