Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 12:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, The Zone
Stats: 169.5/169.5/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Switching from Atkins to SB

Hi All ~

I have tried the Atkins Diet 3 different times. I always get into ketosis, turn the sticks pink/purple, drink the water, etc. but I never lose any weight. The 2nd time I tried the diet, I lost less than 3 lbs in a month. This 3rd (and last) time, I had an allergic reaction. My face turned bright red and the skin started flaking off like a sunburn. It stayed that way for days. Twenty four hours after I stopped the diet, my skin was back to normal. So now I am looking at Sugar Busters.

I am wondering what kind of results folks have been having. I know that my weight loss results on Atkins fell way short of the "norm". While I understand that everyone is different, I would love to know what commonly happens. The Atkins book actually has a chart that tells you how much you can expect to lose during the first 2 weeks. I didn't see anything like that in the SB book. I would love it if SB veterans would share their results, good and bad, so that I can get an idea of what to expect.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 10:54
Registered Member

Plan: Combo Low Carb
Stats: 182/155/140
BF:Don't wanna know!
Progress: 64%
I'm hardly a "veteran"...but I just switched from Atkins to SB in November. I did lose a lot initially on Atkins (22#), but then stalled for 4 months. No pounds or inches lost! Talk about FRUSTRATING! I tried everything and eventually just decided after reading several low carb books that I'd try to change to a different form of low carb. I am doing SB, but probably a bit more conservatively than many. I really watch the "starchy carbs" (oatmeal, brown rice, ww bread, etc.). I do count calories now, too. I was thrilled that even though I ate all the goodies on Thanksgiving, I still have lost 5 lbs. since making the switch. I'm happy, and it feels like a "healthier" (although probably slower) approach to weight loss. I'm eating veggies, fruits (yes!), whole grains, and low fat meats. I'm certainly not on a lowfat diet, but a LOT lower than on Atkins, and I think this feels better for me. Good luck!