Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 08:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/215/170
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question Cad

This is my second week on the atkins diet, only lost 4lbs but I am amazed, after being a count the calories look at the fat type of person, I am now enjoying my food for the first time in years....without feeling guilty! While surfing the site I have come across many other "different" diets and wondered if someone could explain this one to me, CAD. I am from the UK and have not heard of it before. Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 09:14

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Post Carbohydrate Addicts Diet

(aka Carbohydrate Addicts Lifespan Program)-since my reply will be the "in a nutshell" approach you should try and check these books out of the library and read them for more complete info.

Basically on CAD/CALP you eat two meals a day that consist of low carbohydrate (4g or less) foods, and then you eat a third balanced meal that can include any carbohydrates you want as long as you also include protein and veggies. This meal must take no longer than 1 hour from the time you put the first bite in your mouth to when you finish.....

Hope that helps (also see the link to which low carb diet is right for me at the right).....

-animaldoc
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 04:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins to CALP
Stats: 223/206/155
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi Angiep,

Animaldoc is right in his synopsis of CAD/CALP...the Heller's latest book, The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program, is great to explain the details - highly recommend reading it before you switch.

I too started with Atkins in early April then made the switch to CALP after induction.

I cheated one w/end in between and gained several pounds - sure wasn't worth it!

But then I buckled down and have really followed CALP the last 2 weeks and am so pleased - almost 6 pounds lost since.

I am happy with the program - it just helps to know that 1x a day, I can have that serving of mashed potatoes or dessert, and believe me, I have!

Happy LC'ing!

Speaking of happy, I'm off to Dallas this morning to see my favorite Beatle, Paul McCartney, tonight in concert...yeah, yeah, yeah! (packing a baggie with celery and taking along my trusty cream cheese)

Prsloan