Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-06-02, 10:32

Plan: Carb Addict
Stats: 205/194/145
BF:
Progress: 18%
Cool New here!

Just found this board!

Hi everyone! I have been doing CAD for 4 weeks now and have lost 8.5 lbs. I am from West Virginia, have 4 kids (now you understand why I need to loose weight, lol) and love carbs.

This plan IS the best one for me!

Look forward to the conversation and tips and support.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 09:46

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

I'm new here too,

I've been doing the plan for 2-1/2 weeks and have lost 4-1/2 #, I'm soooo excited,

I've never been able to find a diet where I can stick with it! I think I'll be able to stick with this, because during the day the cravings for snacks are GONE!

I'm never starving ( I think my stomach is shrinking ) then for dinner I can have a reasonable dinner, including pizza and dessert, and just about everything I love!

Let's support eachother,
I love this new way of life.

Nicole
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 13:54

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet
Stats: 200/200/140
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Everyone,
I'm also new to CAD. I found this board a few weeks ago, but just posted my first message yesterday to say Hello.

I will be starting CAD on Monday. I wondered if anyone here had started a journel so I could get ideas of what everyone was eating. I thought that the CAD diet would work best for me because the evening meal I could share with my family. It's so hard to cook dinner for everyone else knowing you can't eat any. Plus no one else in the house needs to lose any pounds.

Hankypanky
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 14:45

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Journal

I have a journal (even though I haven't been very faithful since I started-not because of the WOE, just because of my crazy life!). There should be some ideas in there. My husband is skinny and I like to eat dinner with him too!

-animaldoc
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 08:05

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet
Stats: 200/200/140
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks I'll look to see if I can get any ideas. One thing I wondered about was could I eat catfish on CAD. They list several different fish in the CAD carb counter, but not catfish.

I totally understand the slim husband thing, plus I have a 9 year old daughter that is 60 pounds. They can put away a gallon plus of ice cream a week and never gain. It makes me sick, but then I think I'm glad they don't have my problem.

Thanks a lot,
hankypanky
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 16:28

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Post Hmmm...

I though catfish was fine-basically I didn't think there were any fish that WEREN'T, it just depended on how you cooked them. I could be wrong though.......

-animaldoc