Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 08:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/195/140
BF:
Progress: 74%
Talking Just wanted to introduce myself

Hello everyone. My name is Lynn and this is my first post. I just wanted to say hello and that I love reading everyone's words of wisdom and shared thoughts. I have been doing Atkins for over a year now and have lost 145 pounds. I tried everything known to man and nothing else worked for very long.My goal is to weigh 140 pounds by next summer. It would be wonderful to meet people that have the same goals that I do and be able to have buddies to share ups and downs with. I hope that others will take the time to get to know me. I always have an ear to listen so if someone needs to talk, I am always here. We all need support in our life so hopefully I can help others as well as be helped. I look forward to the challenge ahead of me and embrace it with open arms. I hope everyone reaches their goal and accomplishes what they set out to do and never stop dreaming.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 08:36

Plan: Atkins (induction)
Stats: 240/232/150 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi Lynn I'm Tonya

Welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on the 145 lbs gone!

That is so great. I'm sure you will find this forum to be the best. Everyone here is great. I am here everyday to keep myself on track. I'm new to this WOL, and all these generous people have such big hearts and are always willing to lend a shoulder when needed and/or advice. Browse the forum, there is so much here to read, and check out.

Good luck in the next year to ya!

Swt_T
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 08:37

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 220/220/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default hello

hi icequeen, im new here also. I am looking for someoen that I can talk to about the us and downs of this diet also. I really don't know how to work everything in this place. Maybe we can figure it out togeather.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 09:06

BF:
Default thank you for the response

Well I am not sure if I can help anyone right now due to being so new but perhaps like you said, we can learn together. The hardest thing for me has been trying to fit exercise in with my busy work schedule. Does anyone have any ideas?
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 09:11

Plan: Atkins (induction)
Stats: 240/232/150 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 9%

I do exercises that only take 15 minutes normally, but I tend to do a little more on certain days. Then I do some weight training for another 15 minutes. Basically all I do is ---

abs one day, legs & buns the next day. Then I'll do a little of both on the following day. then start over. I try to add in the weights when I can. For example when I work on my legs & buns , I will hold weights while doing lunges and such. The days with the abs, well I just do some work on biceps and triceps. I found this site the other day, maybe take a look at it and get an idea as to what you may fit in your schedule.

http://www.netfit.co.uk/menu.htm

Swt_T
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 09:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, Lynn. Welcome -- and congratulations on your TREMENDOUS success so far!

Exercise is one of my challenges, too, and I haven't gotten it nailed down yet -- but I'm working on it. I work at home, so it's easier; I can just get up and walk the halls if I can't get outside.

I'd suggest to first, figure out what you CAN do. And don't ignore the 10-minute walks (from the car, up or down the stairs). When I did work in an office, I'd take a short break every two hours or so and go out and walk around the block once or twice -- 7 minutes here, 10 minutes there. It adds up.

Then, when you start to feel the benefits of the exercise -- how good you feel -- it's easier to WANT to squeeze it in, and people do make time. Get up a half-hour earlier. Carve a half-hour out in the evening.

I'm currently doing a short weight-training routine from a book called "8 Minutes in the Morning." I keep the book and the weights in my bedroom so I have no excuse not to use them. Anybody has 8 minutes.

Good luck!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 09:14
Registered Member

Plan: Shoogadownsizing!
Stats: 205/145/150 Female 5'4"
BF:F/C/C
Progress: 109%

Lynn, anybody who has lost 145 pounds lowcarbing is qualified to give lessons on lowcarbing as far as I'm concerned. Congratulations on your fantastic loss I'm glad you're here.
asugar
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 09:24

Plan: Atkins to CALP to general LC + BFL
Stats: 188/174/150
BF:
Progress: 37%

Hi Lynn and Welcome

I have to agree with asugar--your loss so far is inspiring to all of us and you, no doubt, have tons of insights into LCing that will be very valuable to the forum.

I also love Alto's suggestions for exercise. The little 5-minute sessions turn into 1/2 hours very easily. I find just little things--taking the stairs instead of elevator, parking two blocks away from my destination, walking briskly instead of strolling--all add up and help my attitude as much as my physique.

Anyway, WELCOME and write to us often!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 15:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Carb Addicts
Stats: 265/244/165
BF:40% I think
Progress: 21%
Thumbs up

Hi,
I'm new too.

Just wanted to say that with a 145 pound loss, you are my HERO!!! Well...ok that is a bit extreme...but I am still impressed and sure you have lots of wisdom to contribute even as a newbie to this forum.

Nice to meet you,
JJ
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 14:47

BF:
Default Everyone is so kind

I just wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful replies and support. I do not consider myself a hero or anyone special. After the death of my son, I looked in the mirror one day and realized that yes I missed him and wished he was with me, but I wasn't ready to die and if I kept living the way I was living, I wouldn't live to see my other two children grow up. I went on the atkins program the day after reading his book from cover to cover and it has truly changed my life. I was in love with a wonderful man that lived in Canada but lol you think he wanted a 350 pound woman? Oh no way. So we were the best of friends for the longest time. I always knew though in the back of my mind and in my heart that he loved me, just not the way I looked. Well lo and behold this May I connected with him again and guess what happened?? Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh life is great and the victory is mine and I know now that everything is possible and I will never stop smiling because I know that everyone can accomplish their goals if they truly believe in themselves. I did not do this to find love or fame or glory. I did this because I was not happy and did not love myself. My motto is this " If you cannot stand alone, then you will never be able to stand beside someone." We must all love ourselves enough to realize that we all have a purpose and we must all treat ourselves with kindness. Okay so now that I have written a short novel, I will say HAPPY LOW CARBING to everyone and be kind to yourselves. Much love to all. MUAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 16:54

Plan: atkin's
Stats: 220/168/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default hi Lynn,

Hello Lynn, I am also new to this site. Wow 145 lbs !!! The most I have ever lost was 80 lbs. The feeling is so great, wow I had so much energy. I am trying to lose the weight I had gained back, and I can not stick to any of the diets I have tried. So I am here searching for idea's for the low carb diet, or even the atkins plan. My goal is to lose 40 lbs by this summer. The thing is I don't know how this sites works. I am lost. I guess it takes some time to find out. I also wanted to know what sorts of things did you eat mostly? Are you doing the high protien diet and no carbs? I know that was the way it was years ago?
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeen
Hello everyone. My name is Lynn and this is my first post. I just wanted to say hello and that I love reading everyone's words of wisdom and shared thoughts. I have been doing Atkins for over a year now and have lost 145 pounds. I tried everything known to man and nothing else worked for very long.My goal is to weigh 140 pounds by next summer. It would be wonderful to meet people that have the same goals that I do and be able to have buddies to share ups and downs with. I hope that others will take the time to get to know me. I always have an ear to listen so if someone needs to talk, I am always here. We all need support in our life so hopefully I can help others as well as be helped. I look forward to the challenge ahead of me and embrace it with open arms. I hope everyone reaches their goal and accomplishes what they set out to do and never stop dreaming.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 17:38

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

Wow, there's not really a whole lot I can say other than that. And it deserves to be said again-- WOW. You have done an absolutely amazing job and that shows a level of discipline that I can only hope to achieve in my wildest dreams. Congratulations on your success and I'm sure you will quickly make it to your goal! And I bet before summer!