Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 21:58

Plan: Superfoods RX
Stats: 270.5/228/170 Female 68.5 inches
BF:TOO MUCH
Progress: 42%
Angry Limited Atkins Products in Canada

I went to the GNC store in Sarnia tonight as the Atkins website said they were a full line dealer in my area. WELL...not the case. They said they have this problem frequently. People arrive with entire lists of things they want BUT GNC by law, CANNOT carry most Atkins products in Canada because...okay you canucks..take a guess. THEY ARE NOT LABELLED IN BOTH FRENCH AND ENGLISH! AAAAAARRGGGGhhhhh stupid stupid stupid bilingual laws. I am fortunate in that I live right on the Michigan border so can probably find them in Port Huron, BUT..we canucks need to be writing to customer support at www.atkins.com and explain this problem to them! Anyone else have trouble finding much else besides the bars and the candies in Canada?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 22:02
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Hi Mom,

Our GNC's out west here are pretty much the same. I have found though that places like Safeway and IGA are expanding their Atkins products....to muffin mixes, pancake mixes, syrups (pancake & flavoured)....seems the more popular low carbing becomes the more readily available the products are. That french/english scenario bites us in the butt alot.......sighhhhh.

For those stores that don't carry much Atkins stuff.....I have found that they have other brands of low carb products available.

I too....like you......am lucky to be close the border and in my moments of need can take a quick trip south.

I guess we can just hope and pray.....
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 22:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - Induction!
Stats: 170/157/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 29%

How limited are they? At the GNC here, there were tons of Atkins and other low-carb products - every flavour of bar (VERY pricey), baking mixes, snacks, etc. Actually, ALL their products were so expensive I didn't buy a thing even though I'm dying to try some of the recipes using his bake mix. They wanted $45.99 for a box of 15 Advantage Bars but they sell them for $29.99 at Zehrs!

#4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 17:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Bzeus, don't waste your money on Atkins Bake Mix, it is gross and not worth the 17.00 I paid for it. THere are many recipes for atkins type bake mix using soy flour and other types of flours if you are not into soy, try a search in the recipe section here, or lowcarbfriends.com(another web site I frequent)
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 20:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/240/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:
Default Atkins products in Canada

Check out SND website...free delivery over $100...comparable prices with retail stores. This is where I buy most of my products and usually receive it within a couple of days...right at my door.

http://www.sndcanada.com